Scene cut from The Predator due to sex offender casting

Started by Ramjet311, Sep 06, 2018, 12:08:15 PM

Author
Scene cut from The Predator due to sex offender casting (Read 31,526 times)

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Gazz on Sep 10, 2018, 06:42:48 PM
There's no scenario in which Munn comes out of this looking a villain in thisand any attempts to paint her as such are made by people who are part of the problem.
She's no villain, but a serious hypocrite. Not accepting Black's public apology because it wasn't given privately to her... is she for real? Openly denounce the director, the studio, The cast but then she wants to play the privacy game? Not how it works.

Again, it's not what she has done, it's how she's done, if i would be in the cast she could kiss my sweet ass too.

Hollywood

I dont think Munn is a villain but does that mean guys like Keegan are villains? Does anyone know about the statement his rep made:

QuoteKeegan was never booked to do an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. His last interview was scheduled after lunch, which he completed. He was always departing TIFF early so he could be home to spend the Jewish holiday with his wife. Furthermore, Keegan reached out to Olivia privately last week to let her know how proud he was of her and echoed that sentiment in many interviews since then.

The headlines have people attacking the entire cast and I dont think that's fair. If she has an issue with more than just Shane, it's not good to be vague and say the entire cast are being villains. That's messed up.

Corporal Hicks

Just a reminder to make sure this conversation is had with some decorum and respect.

BigDaddyJohn

I think most can agree on the "how" of what she did. Probably could've been better ways to do it. But that's still a messed up situation from the get go anyways.

skhellter

Shane Black messed up.

Hiring a sex offender friend to share a scene with his lead actress... christ.  ::)

That said, Munn seems to be acting in an overzealous manner.
Black doesn't seem to have acted in an intentionally harmful manner.
Just.. put his trust in a friend who didn't deserve it.

Scene was deleted. Good.
Now they all should move on from this entire mess.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Gazz on Sep 10, 2018, 06:42:48 PM
There's no scenario in which Munn comes out of this looking a villain in thisand any attempts to paint her as such are made by people who are part of the problem.

This, also a pedophile hasn't paid it's dues until it's dead frankly, and Olivia Munn is within her rights to speak about the situation as she chooses.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 10, 2018, 08:13:39 PM
I think most can agree on the "how" of what she did. Probably could've been better ways to do it. But that's still a messed up situation from the get go anyways.

Yeah it definitely is and that's not her fault, that's Shane's. Even Shane said he's disappointed in himself so I'm not sure why the cast doesn't just echo that and try to move on. Is there a way to professionally say you're disappointed in the director of a movie you're trying to promote?

"I think Olivia is right in speaking out and Shane made a bad call with that decision. I'd like to sit down and have a civil discussion with him but for right now all I can say is its disappointing despite how much I love the work we've all done in making this film together."

Idk, something like that.

You can tell Trevante really doesn't like the question.

Boyd's statement:

https://screenrant.com/predator-boyd-holbrook-response-olivia-munn-controversy/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

CristianoRonaldo7

Shane was doing a movie with Netflix. It's cancelled now.

Samhain13

Quote from: Hollywood on Sep 10, 2018, 08:26:44 PM
You can tell Trevante really doesn't like the question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyDOeR_ZFbo

"Next question please". Yep.

I think he and maybe others have started to get a little bothered by it since the press seems to be focusing more on that than the actual movie and their performance. They want to be asked questions on their character, their experience in the movie, how it is like to be part of such a franchise, the movie overall. Like Keegan said, they want to focus on the positive things and move forward, having this negative stuff that he as an actor had nothing to do with and might have only become aware recently being brough up to him in every interview got him impatient.

That's just the impression I'm getting.

MudButt

Safe to say some outlets would rather focus on this controversy than speak about the movie. Press Junkets are already tough on actors and now this just makes it worse. These guys didn't even work with that actor nor were they probably aware he was in the movie, now they are being asked to speak on these issues over and over again. I can understand their frustration. It's a tough spot to be in. They're getting called out by Munn and being asked to speak on this probably dozens of times a day now.

It's a tough situation but I do feel for them.

XenoVC

XenoVC

So, without reading the rest of the thread to avoid any spoilers that I can at this point, I watched the LATimes interview from TIFF where Aguilera and Rhodes were with Olivia Munn.

It's clear that they wanted to celebrate/talk up the movie, story and cast when press is just kicking off, and were not prepared for the whole situation. Any of that would have been moot when Olivia is (rightfully) dismissing Shane Black. There was nowhere else to go. They looked visibly let down by the way things turned out.

In order to really focus on the positives of making the movie, there hasn't been exactly the widespread supportive response you'd want from everybody, sure. But she's definitely trying to. Munn is already basically torn from association with Black, as evidenced in her comments, and Black is a moron in every way, as well as Fox to a major extent.

However,  I don't think all of the outrage online directed to the entire cast is fair, unless one of them explicitly cancelled an appearance they were supposed to do with Olivia. Which, I don't think there's any evidence of.

Corporal Hicks

MudButt

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 11, 2018, 01:25:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeGQjlAbpA4

I'm glad she mentioned Sterling reaching out. Sounds like the studio just wanted this taken care of quietly but she felt the need to let this out publicly, which I feel was the right thing to do.

DaddyYautja

Sabres21768

The absolute ONLY reason she's on Ellen is because this crap. Somebody give her a bucket because she's gonna milk the hell out of this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed