"It really satisfies the primal needs" - Anyone recognise this quote?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 13, 2016, 12:53:47 PM

Author
"It really satisfies the primal needs" - Anyone recognise this quote? (Read 3,047 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

New article from EW about Alien 5 with quotes from all over the place but there's one I don't think I've seen before...

QuoteWeaver also suggested Blomkamp's Aliens sequel will delve into the motivation of the aliens themselves, exploring what it is their race has been seeking. "The script itself has so much in it that's so original, but also really satisfies the, I would say, the primal needs of the aliens," Weaver says. "It's a tribute to all of the great work that the other directors have done, in a way, but goes in a completely new direction. I hope we'll do it."

Anyone remember if this has been said before?

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/13/sigourney-weaver-aliens-sequel-neill-blomkamp?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

BishopShouldGo

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think they're reading the wrong thing in that quote anyway. Doesn't sound like she's talking about the film exploring the Alien's "motivation".

BishopShouldGo

Yeah, it just sounds like she's teasing that the aliens will be monstrous, as they always are.

hfeldhaus

Ripley has had her ending. This will be a flash of what could have been whilst she falls into the furnace at the end of Alien 3.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jul 13, 2016, 04:02:11 PM
Ripley has had her ending. This will be a flash of what could have been whilst she falls into the furnace at the end of Alien 3.

That's an interesting way of seeing it.  I like this idea and I agree, this is a flash before her eyes. :)

hfeldhaus

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jul 13, 2016, 04:40:04 PM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jul 13, 2016, 04:02:11 PM

That's an interesting way of seeing it.  I like this idea and I agree, this is a flash before her eyes. :)

The more I take myself away from this being a retcon the more excited I'm getting for it. I hate 'dream' explanations but it does help with the butt hurt.

Kaltes

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 13, 2016, 02:05:53 PM
Yeah, it just sounds like she's teasing that the aliens will be monstrous, as they always are.

I'm hoping for monstrous like the first movie.

whiterabbit

Da fuk is the aliens motivation? Isn't that like, totally freaking clear? Ok maybe not but they sure as heck need people to make baby aliens... so the motivation in the aliens/human relationship is pretty damn clear.  :laugh:

The Alien Predator

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 13, 2016, 08:41:20 PM
Da fuk is the aliens motivation? Isn't that like, totally freaking clear? Ok maybe not but they sure as heck need people to make baby aliens... so the motivation in the aliens/human relationship is pretty damn clear.  :laugh:

For a second I thought you were talking to HuDaFuk.  :laugh:

DaddyYautja

Apparently they arent mindless bugs.

If, you know, they are smart enough to cut power sources, they are probably smart enough to do other things.

Prez

Prez

Her quote about having to delay so Ridley can film his second Prometheus moving and then stating they would've wrapped up shooting by now which is a shame.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into this but sounds like a subtle dig. Makes me more convinced there is a definite schizm in the Alien camp between Ridley and Blomkamp/Weaver or rather a bit of bitterness/powerplaying going on.

That said lets not let that detract from these encouraging comments. My only concern was her last bit where she stated `she really hopes they make it'. Doesn't sound like it's set in absolute stone they are making this film (mind you at the recent Comic Con reunion she said they are definitely making it). Probably more to do with scheduling and availability for all parties concerned.

XenoHunter99

Quote from: Prez on Jul 13, 2016, 11:38:09 PM
Her quote about having to delay so Ridley can film his second Prometheus moving and then stating they would've wrapped up shooting by now which is a shame.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into this but sounds like a subtle dig. Makes me more convinced there is a definite schizm in the Alien camp between Ridley and Blomkamp/Weaver or rather a bit of bitterness/powerplaying going on.

That said lets not let that detract from these encouraging comments. My only concern was her last bit where she stated `she really hopes they make it'. Doesn't sound like it's set in absolute stone they are making this film (mind you at the recent Comic Con reunion she said they are definitely making it).

It's a dig! They had momentum. The momentum is lost. Not only that, the EW article puts the whole thing in doubt. Now, I personally don't really care - I was never in love with the idea of retconning A3 & Resurrection, but I like Blomkamp's aesthetic and political bent. I think he would have tried something ambitious. I think it would be fun, if it happens. Now we're not sure it's going anywhere. As the article states,

Scott's film is shooting now and comes out in August 2017, but that doesn't mean Blomkamp's Aliens follow-up will start right away. "Now that we're waiting for that, I have a couple of Avatars to do and Neill has The Gone World," Weaver says. "So we'll have to see what happens when we get back, when those projects are over."

So, who knows if it ever actually gets made. It could just get lost in development or scheduling hell.

g2vd

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 13, 2016, 09:42:20 PM

Apparently they arent mindless bugs.

If, you know, they are smart enough to cut power sources, they are probably smart enough to do other things.
Hahahahahahaha. Lol.

That reminds me of a debate 2 members were having on Xeno Intelligence on a another forum, and the first one literally said Xenos were no more intelligent than Squrrials because Squrrials knock out electricity as well.

Though personally I don't really mind the retconning of A3 and AR due to the fact I come from the Godzilla fandom just because they have been retconned doesn't mean they still didn't happen just in a alternate universe.

Some times a retcon is needed so as to be able to tell new stories in a different time period. as A3 and AR would have made things far too complicated to tell storylines set between the time peroid between A3 and AR as they specifically say there hasn't been a recorded encounter since A3, so unless they either have all the characters killed or have WY or somebody do a mass coverup of the whole thing it woiluld be much to hard and not allow for the widest spectrum of directions to go to.

Anyway, it is still real disapponting how they aren't allowed to do anything until Covenant is finished.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed