Consoles Patch #3 Details

Started by ikarop, Mar 19, 2013, 10:43:48 PM

Author
Consoles Patch #3 Details (Read 22,257 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Gearbox SoftwareA new update will be rolling out early tomorrow morning (March 20) on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Quote3/20/2013 Update

General

- Added additional safeguards to better protect save data.
    - Resolved an issue where a player's level could sometimes appear incorrect when backing out of a party.
    - Addressed several scenarios under which players could spawn without a weapon.
    - Changes to better prevent audio from sometimes cutting out during end of mission cinematics.
    - Fixed issue where Xeno death animation was not properly calculating momentum of the killing blow.
    - Smart Gun animation now properly tracks targets.
    - Addressed some instances where Xenos would display erratic animations.
    - Increased light radius for player's shoulder lamp.
    - Adjusted aim assist to better reflect player input.
    - Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Campaign

- Tweaked enemy and friendly AI to be more aggressive and responsive.
    - Modified campaign difficulty to account for improved AI responsiveness.
    - Improved enemy collision detection regarding doors and Power Loader.
    - Addressed some issues that could cause improper warping for co-op players.
    - Various tweaks to address instances where NPC characters would not always properly navigate to objectives.
    - Players will no longer bleed out immediately when downed in a Power Loader.

Versus

- Increased duration of Lurker Pounce Challenge "Cat-Like Reflexes" from 10 to 20 seconds.
    - Fixed issue where certain multiplayer challenges would not unlock properly for all characters.
    - Crusher pick-ups now correctly appear as highlighted for clients.

Njm1983

Njm1983

No Graphics?  ??? :(

ignite

ignite

Graphics update is not in there...yet.
Hope they will fix it soon though.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Well that was fast. Another patch already. Still surprised that the Lurker pounce glitch hasn't been addressed.

ignite

ignite

The lurker glitch should be a priority because it's game breaking,
but I think their heads are hurting to figure out what to save and fix first.  :)
At least I'm happy about the improved AI. They actually feel like aliens now.
I'm curious on how they are going to patch in the graphic improvement on the consoles though.

Ash 937

Ash 937

I still haven't bought the game yet.  Gonna probably wait a few more months til it hits rock bottom pricing and then get it on the cheap.  With all these patches it might be a significantly better game by then...or at least worth about $20.

WarriorRidged

WarriorRidged

Has it been confirmed or denied if consoles are getting the PC improved graphics?

ACR

ACR

If they were smart, they would focus mostly on multiplayer fixes, the campaign is not the reason why you would want to play this game in the first place. The main reason why anyone is still playing this and it's saving grace is because of it's multiplayer. = P

Some nice fixes I see though otherwise, though I wish the blurry front sights, hit detection issues and pouncing issues were fixed too. = P

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: Makkaveli101 on Mar 20, 2013, 06:15:41 AM
Has it been confirmed or denied if consoles are getting the PC improved graphics?

GBX labelled it as a PC Specific update. Why? Because consoles have a retarded file-size limit for patches, so don't expect it ever to come to the consoles...unless they offer it as a DLC option. (and that would mean spending money on a game that isn't doing very well... What to choose...Borderlands 2 DLC or Aliens DLC. I think GBX made up their minds already  :-X )

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Starting to think a high-res texture pack is a pipe dream.

Gren_86

Gren_86

It would be nice to see proper hit detection and weapon sway response.   

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: Ash 937 on Mar 20, 2013, 04:25:28 AM
Gonna probably wait a few more months til it hits rock bottom pricing and then get it on the cheap.

If ever, than this.

Killa-Hawke

Killa-Hawke

Quote from: Space Voyager on Mar 20, 2013, 02:22:07 PM
Quote from: Ash 937 on Mar 20, 2013, 04:25:28 AM
Gonna probably wait a few more months til it hits rock bottom pricing and then get it on the cheap.

If ever, than this.
I was at game Stop the other day and they were selling A:CM brand new for $34.99

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

The Alien AI in campaign does seem to be improved a lot. The warriors are actually "dodging" my bullets more often than not like they would in AVP2010, and they're also taking cover like the lurkers do every now and again as well.

EDIT
This is actually VERY common on soldier difficulty. This patch will probably make the campaign replayable for me. I've only played Hope At Hadleys since beating it on ultimate bad ass.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 20, 2013, 04:07:33 PM
The Alien AI in campaign does seem to be improved a lot. The warriors are actually "dodging" my bullets more often than not like they would in AVP2010, and they're also taking cover like the lurkers do every now and again as well.

EDIT
This is actually VERY common on soldier difficulty. This patch will probably make the campaign replayable for me. I've only played Hope At Hadleys since beating it on ultimate bad ass.

Beat 2 of the 3 levels on recruit. The level on the ship was a joke but Tribute was a total pain in the balls.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed