Mercy or Prudence? How many people did you kill?

Started by predxeno, Nov 12, 2014, 08:33:45 PM

How many people did you kill on your 1st playthrough?

0 (Angel)
8 (25%)
1-5
7 (21.9%)
6-9
4 (12.5%)
1 (3.1%)
10< (Stone-Cold Killer)
12 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author
Mercy or Prudence? How many people did you kill? (Read 7,394 times)

PsyKore

I killed quite a few on my first run. Mainly because they acted stupid/unrealistic and I couldn't tolerate them.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenoscream on Nov 17, 2014, 01:40:29 PM
On my first playthrough I didn't kill anyone. The only "bad" thing I did was release a working Joe which then went on a killing spree, I felt a tiny bit bad about that, but no much.

Did this effect your achievement?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 19, 2014, 09:43:22 AMDid this effect your achievement?

Facilitating the deaths of humans by others, be it the Alien or the Joes, doesn't negate the trophy.

predxeno

Yeah lol, apparently Amanda is too much of a do-gooder to kill people herself but getting other things to kill people, she is inexplicably okay with. Bleh. :D

newbeing

I tried going for the Mercy or Prudence trophy, but ended up using the cattle prod on a guy. Then because I thought that counted as killing someone I took out another guy with a gun or wrench or something.

predxeno

The only legit way to kill people and still get that trophy in this game is to get someone else to do the killing for you; use noisemakers and flares to get your enemies to kill each other and somehow the moral math will add up in Amanda's conscience.

Xenoscream

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 19, 2014, 09:43:22 AM
Quote from: Xenoscream on Nov 17, 2014, 01:40:29 PM
On my first playthrough I didn't kill anyone. The only "bad" thing I did was release a working Joe which then went on a killing spree, I felt a tiny bit bad about that, but no much.

Did this effect your achievement?

Sorry for the slow reply - no it didn't, I still got the achievement. I haven't tested it but I expect that luring the Alien to people also doesn't count as a kill.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenoscream on Dec 11, 2014, 12:10:20 PMI haven't tested it but I expect that luring the Alien to people also doesn't count as a kill.

Correct. You can use Joes/the Alien as a 'blunt instrument' to butcher as many people as you like. So long as you don't literally land the killing blow on a human yourself, you'll get the award.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: PsyKore on Nov 18, 2014, 08:28:09 PM
I killed quite a few on my first run. Mainly because they acted stupid/unrealistic and I couldn't tolerate them.

Negative, they do act realistically the only part of that statement that is true is that you couldn't tolerate them.

PsyKore

integer3

Human or Android alike I pretty much went all out Laurence Fishburne on them. They have what I need, and if I want it i'll take it from whoever I can, whatever I can, whenever I can!!!

Crazy Rich

I didn't kill any people my first playthrough, thankfully androids aren't people though.

Vrastal

I did a playthrough without killing anyone and didnt get the achievement. i dont know why i didnt but it as quite frustrating

Vertigo

Quote from: Nightlord on Nov 12, 2014, 09:04:32 PM
That first encounter drove me nuts though and so many times I wanted to murder all of them pricks.

Jesus, I'm on that at the moment and ragequit twice, glad it's not just me. Does the game get any easier?

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Nazrel on Jan 02, 2015, 08:02:41 PM
I did a playthrough without killing anyone and didnt get the achievement. i dont know why i didnt but it as quite frustrating

From what I've read some people think the stun baton doesn't kill but it actually does. Did you use stun baton on humans?

Quote from: Vertigo on Jan 03, 2015, 12:27:48 AM
Quote from: Nightlord on Nov 12, 2014, 09:04:32 PM
That first encounter drove me nuts though and so many times I wanted to murder all of them pricks.

Jesus, I'm on that at the moment and ragequit twice, glad it's not just me. Does the game get any easier?

I actually died a few times the second playthrough I'm currently doing on hard, got through it though with some persistence. What difficulty are you doing?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed