Gina Holden Interview

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 17, 2007, 09:29:13 PM

Author
Gina Holden Interview (Read 14,024 times)

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

Yeah, take Lord of the Rings for instance. They reduced the books to low-life just to satisfy the greater # of fans who will never read the book than the # who've had. There so many scenes that could be done in book form without any interference with the time or a newcomer's interest. But they just decide to K.I.S.S. (keeping it simple stupid) it. The Arwen/Aragorn is put there to expand fanbase for girls. While the person-to-person fights are find, the army-to-army battles were horrid. They just "clash head-on" "clash head-on" like Riders of Rohan on the Elephants. Mere A.I. intellengence on strategy games. In the books, they've got brains on how to lead, manuver armies. The Riders went around them to fight what they CAN fight: other Haradrium on foot or horse.

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

Alright, get back on topic.

JK

JK

AVP2 is Aliens vs. Predator Requiem ? see in Dec 25.   http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,20051361_20052260,00.html

EpsilonOrpheon777

EpsilonOrpheon777

hmmm interesting i dunno if that pleases me or makes me go wtf both i guess  and to Rob: yeah the LOTR movies got me to want to read the books since i first saw the trailer for FOTR i began reading and read every book before its respective movie release i think they were done excellently and you wanna talk about time?  you don't think the movies were long enough?  ROTK was already to the point of people complaining about the length... and it was the shorter book of the three.  so it would not be wise to bad-mouth the LOTR films... at least they were better than star wars    :D  

Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

::)   you guys are over reacting, everything and anything that gets reported about the movie gets shut down with the quickness, im begining to see a pattern, you guys are never satified

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

To EpsilonOrpheon: You got a bit over senistive when i discuss very briefly about time. Me, bad-mouth LOTR? I haven't even commented what one scholar, Wayne G. Hammond said: "In the moments in which the films succeed, they do so by staying close to what Tolkien so carefully wrote; where they fail, it tends to be where they diverge from him, most seriously in the area of characterization. Most of the characters in the films are mere shadows of those in the book, weak and diminished (notably Frodo) or insulting caricatures (Pippin, Merry, and Gimli). The filmmakers sacrifice the richness of Tolkien's story and characters, not to mention common sense, for violence, cheap humor, and cheaper thrills."

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

They were moments that awed me and made me laugh. Then after I've read the books, I've come to realize they were put there only to amuse the larger crowd who never had or never will read the books. And at what cost? Frodo's character is weak and diminised to where anyone would feel they want to see the side stories real soon. On DVD, I hardly ever want to watch those scenes, finding more of what really draw the audience elsewhere. And as for Gimli, Merry, Pippin, they became so reduced to comic relief that only that by them being more sucessful at humor, good actors, and not trying to be in front of the camera whenever possible were they mere steps away from becoming Jar Jar.

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

And as for Star Wars. I find it to be the best film series there is because, unlike LOTR, it was made for the screen ever since it orginated. To see what the creator sees. LOTR is my favorite book series that was made to entertain through words and using your imgination, never to be on screen where your imgination is gone by filmmakers that made it look thier way. Every book that ever has and ever will be adapted into a film suffers this. I'M DONE HERE NO MORE!!!!!!! LET US GET BACK TO AVP!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE, SORRY FOR GETTING-OFF-SUBJECT.

EpsilonOrpheon777

EpsilonOrpheon777

whatev let's just agree to disagree now to AVP it would SEEM that they're window to release the teaser is either upon us or will soon be what are they doing? what is FOX DOING?

fun person

fun person

don't ya all agree that Jena Jameson should b in this film LOOOL   :D  

pretrixalated

pretrixalated

dude what are u talking about???   ???   I mean I know who she is but what the heck!!!   ???  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed