Aliens: Fireteam Elite Achievements Gives Us Campaign & Difficulty Names, & New Enemy Type!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 24, 2021, 08:44:16 AM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Achievements Gives Us Campaign & Difficulty Names, & New Enemy Type! (Read 8,850 times)

reecebomb

Quote from: Private Buttz on Jun 24, 2021, 07:40:48 PM
Ugh. The prequels ruined the mythology of the Alien. Not knowing was so much better. They were mysterious. Majestic. Terrifying. ALIEN. The prequels made them feel cheap and stupid. Which is pretty much what Ridley Scott thinks of the creature at this point. I'm all for enemy variety, but I hate the new mythology. Personal Opinion.

Many feel this way, including me. I guess it's fine for a nonsensical arcade style shooter like this for added variety. Surely a game like Alien Isolation 2 would ignore anything prequels.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Surely? Nonsense.

One might in fact hope that any potential Isolation 2 and Isolation 3 attempts something more new and not as derivative the following times, drawing on all of the mythology instead of just the original film, we already have that and it is perfect.

Personally I'd love something that maintained the spirit of the original Isolation but with Amanda Ripley's story being essentially done forged their own path, perhaps even something exploiting the narrative Alex White set up with Cold Forge and Into Charybdis, by drawing upon the Prequel mythology of Alien Covenant primarily whilst inhabiting a more believable reality.

SiL

I'm on the screw the prequels bandwagon.

Voodoo Magic

* Climbs aboard bandwagon *

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 25, 2021, 03:09:37 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 24, 2021, 01:06:55 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 24, 2021, 12:31:23 PM
In context of them all, Big Chaps I wouldn't guess for "Those Things Were Huge" but Praetorians, definitely!

This game's Big Chaps are big ass monsters unless I'm misremembering?

Correct, their asses are indeed huge.

Just their asses? 🤔

SiL

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That mentality "personally screw the Prequels" I find nearsighted honestly, imagine saying that about the Star Wars prequels now y'know, they still might be difficult films to sit through to put it lightly but what they gave the mythology's invaluable.

And I think you will find most people saying the same thing about the Alien prequels in ten or fifteen years if not sooner.

In fact look at The RPG, or Alex White's books, we don't get that without them.

SiL

BlueMarsalis79

SiL

Not really? I have more in my life than endless consumption of fresh content of something I like. I'm happy.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I hope no one so casually dismisses your livelihood on the basis of not liking the related work of another artist they can ignore.

https://youtu.be/ZA3L6daKD9s

If that's an implication towards my personage though that's pretty petty and awful tbh

I did not consider it from a consumer perspective primarily but a creator one

SiL

You're being awfully melodramatic.

I'm a video editor. People dismiss my work because of other people's work all the time. I don't take it personally. It's the nature of working in a creative industry where audiences are fuelled by emotion, intuition, and their unique perspectives.

Not that I dismissed anybody; I just said I don't like the prequels and would be happy to not see their influence continue. I'm not wishing for it all to be retroactively scrubbed from existence.

Onyx the Xeno

I want to play this game but I dont want to see all that prequel garbage in it.  Why cant they get it through their skulls that all that crap about the big bald engineers and their magic slime just made the aliens ten times worse?

BlueMarsalis79

But that's not actually what you said in response though.

You said:
Quote from: SiL on Jun 25, 2021, 10:21:31 PM
I'd be ok with that.

As in you'd be okay with The RPG, The Cold Forge and, Into Charybdis not existing to get rid of the Prequels.

SiL

Being OK with it not being there isn't the same as wanting to actively scrub it from history.

BlueMarsalis79

I find it repugnant personally and I know that's a strong word to use in this scenario.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed