First Marvel Collection Revealed

Started by Russ840, Aug 19, 2020, 07:48:02 PM

Author
First Marvel Collection Revealed (Read 51,563 times)

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, they've won me over already! I've already got a copy of Tribes sat on my shelf, but to reintroduce this to everyone else! First ever reprints of Newt's Tale, Alien 3, and Countdown! f**king Countdown!!!! And Space Marines?!?! What a random ass choice that I absolutely f**king love! Yeah, Marvel, you've got me. Now impress me with your first original run.

Russ840

You guys can be sure that Predator will follow shortly after.

Drukathi

Quote from: Russ840 on Aug 19, 2020, 07:48:02 PM
Collects: Aliens (1988) #1–6, Aliens (1989) #1–4

Is this: "Aliens: Outbreak/Book One" and "Aliens: Nightmare Asylum"?

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Drukathi on Aug 20, 2020, 09:15:16 AM
Quote from: Russ840 on Aug 19, 2020, 07:48:02 PM
Collects: Aliens (1988) #1–6, Aliens (1989) #1–4

Is this: "Aliens: Outbreak/Book One" and "Aliens: Nightmare Asylum"?

Yeah thats correct. 

One other thing to note is that Marvel always print the covers for the individual issues at the beginning of each issue.  So that is another positive

Athan Samaras

Athan Samaras

how do you know that the dates indicate black and white for outbreak, hicks and newt instead of wilks and billie.

aliens essentials vol 1 had the correct dates but outbreak was in color

SM

SM

Hopefully it's OG black and white Hix 'n Noot.

Kradan

Kradan

Or maybe it's what Hicks has been begging for ages (since 2010 IIRC) - they'll re-color them with a modern aproach to colors in mind

SM

SM

Nelson's art was perfectly good in black and white.

(Continuity error with one of the deaths of one of the soldiers aside)

Kradan

Kradan

Just saying. I wouldn't mind it B&W

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 20, 2020, 10:44:56 AM
Or maybe it's what Hicks has been begging for ages (since 2010 IIRC) - they'll re-color them with a modern aproach to colors in mind

That's for AvP! Not Aliens. Black and white is perfect for me!

Quote from: Athan Samaras on Aug 20, 2020, 10:28:24 AM
how do you know that the dates indicate black and white for outbreak, hicks and newt instead of wilks and billie.

aliens essentials vol 1 had the correct dates but outbreak was in color

I'll check the dates in those announcements. Granted, it is assumption on my part. Based on the dates and the titles.

Xiggz456

This a really nice collection! Take my money!

Alien fan

Alien fan

I bet since Marvel has the rights to the Alien and Predator comics from Dark Horses that they're gonna edit all the swearing and probably even water down the gore too since Marvel is basically for kids and for us adults who grew up in the late 80s into the 90s collecting the Alien and Predator comics from Dark Horses.

Prez

Prez

Ok. I won't lie in saying I was non too plussed about Marvel getting (the inevitable) ownership rights. Had a lot of allegiance to DH since 1990 but I must admit that is an impressive way to get things going.

I own the first 3 series in various formats already however like others had said Newts Tale, Countdown and co probably means I'll have to get this too.

Rambo

Rambo

I wonder what royalties Dark Horse gets for these reprints of their original work. Even if they don't hold the license to the characters, I believe they still have some rights to sales of their original work. And the artists, if anything.

Maybe nothing, I know very little about merchandising.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Alien fan on Aug 20, 2020, 12:47:41 PM
I bet since Marvel has the rights to the Alien and Predator comics from Dark Horses that they're gonna edit all the swearing and probably even water down the gore too since Marvel is basically for kids and for us adults who grew up in the late 80s into the 90s collecting the Alien and Predator comics from Dark Horses.

Nah. Just check out Marvel's MAX line as an example of Marvel pushing that kind of content well past what you would expect. I don't think Marvel is going to alter any of this content at all. Also, for what its worth, I don't remember all that much explicit swearing in most of the DH stuff.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed