Status Update on Sequel and Mod Support

Started by ikarop, May 13, 2011, 08:18:51 PM

Author
Status Update on Sequel and Mod Support (Read 84,628 times)

Brother

He means a proper pounce attack that isn't fully automated.

kommander696

If SEGA is not considering an AvP sequel, which i admit was not a good game.  Has little to no replay value but still served awesome as it was Alien vs Predator universe at the end of the day :->

I reckon however that if no AvP2 (/4 technically) and there is Aliens: Colonel Marines' up and coming release then sega should at least branching off and consider the Predator side too.  Im sure ALOT of fans want to see a PREDATOR game.  Imagine if someone HUGE like ID or BETHESDA or GEARBOX got involved and made the predator game just like the 1st movie.

If that existed I would play as Blane without hesitation ~!~

skull-splitter

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 25, 2011, 05:34:34 PM
AvP has pounce.

but it feels as natural as shoving a brick up your a-hole...

Corporal Hicks

Feels smooth as opposed to pounce 20 times to eventually get where you want.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 27, 2011, 11:12:42 AM

Agreed, I got a bit sick of Aliens flying all over the map in AVP2.

Space Sweeper

I miss AvP2...

...but I don't miss that.

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

good
f**k off avp u let us down

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: RidgeTop on May 27, 2011, 08:27:54 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 27, 2011, 11:12:42 AM

Agreed, I got a bit sick of Aliens flying all over the map in AVP2.

AVP2 pounce attack was indeed horrible.
Too quick, too far, too quake/doom like.
But AVP 2010 is no way an improvement either.
The fact you can't freely choose where you wanna pounce makes you feel weak.

It's probably one of the first thing to be changed if there is mod support with the melee system.
Let's pray now SEGA will send us the SDK before the end of the year otherwise I fear there won't be enough players on AVP3 (PC) anymore and so SDK will be more or less pointless with the hype A:CM will do.

RavagerDX

I hope ACM will do good and get an SDK. I don't think an SDK can save AVP2010.

Le Celticant

I'd rather have an SDK for an Alien / Predator game than just an ALIEN game.
And I'd rather have it to improve a game that can be improved rather than just doing skins and maps while keeping the same mechanic of an awesome game, which A:CM will not be. Probably a good game, but nothing to be amazed of (SEGA remember...)

PHANTOM

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jun 03, 2011, 10:02:13 AM
Probably a good game, but nothing to be amazed of (SEGA remember...)

Well you never know, Gearbox developers got enough experience to create something really special.

I just hope they pack this game with loads of content, lord knows if one thing burned my ass about AVP 3 was the lack of content and the reused maps.

T.L.22

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jun 03, 2011, 09:05:30 AM
It's probably one of the first thing to be changed if there is mod support with the melee system.
Let's pray now SEGA will send us the SDK before the end of the year otherwise I fear there won't be enough players on AVP3 (PC) anymore and so SDK will be more or less pointless with the hype A:CM will do.

Well hey, the original post on this topic was updated with a fancy new statement! SEGA says they're "looking into" an SDK for AvP. To be fair, it hasn't even been a year and a half since release yet, and many games don't receive SDKs out of the box. AvPGold took about a year for them to release an SDK, and it was really well documented, far better documented than AvP2's SDK (which was really just a No One Lives Forever SDK refitted to work with AvP2). With these latest statements there is hope yet for a proper toolkit without some community members having to hack up a set.

Brother

They are losing men fast, either release now or say you don't intend to.

Chris!(($$))!

If they release a SDK and people fix the game so thats its better than AvP2 and AvP1999 I WILL buy the game for PC.

T.L.22

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jun 04, 2011, 06:45:27 PM
If they release a SDK and people fix the game so thats its better than AvP2 and AvP1999 I WILL buy the game for PC.

The game is fixed on PC (though I do know some console gamers around here get by just fine on their respective systems), and has always been better than AvP2 and AvP'99. Other folks may have preferential differences or their own ideas about what a game should be, but as an AvP game AvP3 is the one that does all 3 franchises the most justice.

An SDK will come, sooner or later. Whether it's official or otherwise remains to be seen, but it'll happen. Heck, thanks to Ikarop and friends we've already got a mod scene going. Props to them on that.

I remember Windebieste saying a long time ago that the future of the AvP2 mod scene was single player. I wonder if it'll hold true for AvP3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed