More "Fire and Stone" Previews

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 04, 2014, 03:55:23 PM

Author
More "Fire and Stone" Previews (Read 42,514 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

That's really strange to see considering that I've liked the Alien stuff I've seen from Patric Reynolds. Tracing is just a cop-out. Hopefully this is not indicative of the quality we can expect from these comics.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I wonder if there are more photo examples which we can compare with the art.

happypred

happypred

Is the finished product going to be black-and-white?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on May 07, 2014, 05:16:47 AM
Is the finished product going to be black-and-white?

Not likely, but even if the panels are differently colored.. A trace is still a trace.

SM

SM

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

That got a chuckle out of me!  :laugh:

locusta

locusta

Using f**king A:CM screen as trace = FAIL!!

Wow, nice and cheap way to make comic books these days.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: locusta on May 07, 2014, 08:57:45 AM
Using f**king A:CM screen as trace = FAIL!!

Wow, nice and cheap way to make comic books these days.

One panel...maybe the guy liked that piece of A:CM art and wanted to incorporate it into the comic? I'm very certain that 99.99% of the comic won't be based on A:CM art

SM

SM

A lot of comic book artists trace.

The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost

Awesome catch newbeing, this is obviously beyond artistic inspiration but it damn sure made me chuckle.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

We should all just take comfort that these comics aren't being illustrated by Rob Liefeld.  :laugh:

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

All the female characters would look like Glory.... :D

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

I really like what Im seeing so far, and Im as excited for this as I ever was since it was announced. I also always liked the Royal Jely angle in the old series, I see the mutation thing will come back with the black goo taking royal jellys place. The mutation idea comes back even to the pre comics times, with the Arcade game

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

It definitely seems like the black goo will have some royal jelly-like properties in "Fire and Stone." I'm wondering what the mutant's overall goal will be. Exterminating inferior humanity ala Skynet? Some kind of communion with the Engineers? Very much looking forward to this.

happypred

happypred

I'm curious how they'll explain the goo working on an android...do we know much about the inner workings of androids in the Aliens universe? Are their organic bits purely for appearance? Does the black goo work on a more "metaphysical" level (i.e. it works on any being with self-awareness)? 

Is Engineer tech going to be at least somewhat rooted in known science or is it going to be completely out there in that it might as well be magic to us?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed