Talk Show Promotion

Started by Vickers, May 24, 2012, 08:16:11 AM

Author
Talk Show Promotion (Read 16,694 times)

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 24, 2012, 10:24:07 AM
http://gyazo.com/ddda50e2361eeed1908d7beb14822702.png?1337854536

Yes, Vickers just broke the first Rule of Robotics (in the Alien-verse).  Never throw an android up against a wall.

Of course, this rule may be circumvented if it turns out that Vickers is, in fact, also an android.

Symn

Symn

Quote from: Eva on May 24, 2012, 11:51:05 AM
Great clip and I'm apparently the only one who likes how omnious the score was  :laugh:

Quote from: Vickers on May 24, 2012, 10:00:26 AM
I don't think she's talking about a life support cord.  She's referring to him being an android. "I will find the cord that makes you run and then I will cut it."

More of a metaphor.

Although I could be way off. :P

You're not off and I agree - it's Vickers putting David down just because she can, him being non-human and all.

The clip seems to suggest that the scenario I've had in mind, with tension arising between Vickers and Weyland with David smack in the middle, is happening for real. The 'try harder' comment must refeer directly to something David is up to (in his lab with the engineer specimens?), considering it was only meant for him.

Quote from: Symn on May 24, 2012, 10:39:53 AM
^ how would you know? There's a massive campaign of misinformation around this movie. ^

Actually no. What there is a massive amount of, are misguided analysis, theories and readings of what have been shown to us up until this very moment. Sofar, nothing that Riddles, Lindelof or Spaihts have said on the film, have been revealed to be misinformation.

Course not, not talking about them. They're not saying ANYTHING useful. But we'll just see if that girl on twitter was saying the truth, and if all the callsheet & script 'leaks' are real then...

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: Qwertify on May 24, 2012, 10:36:36 AM

Want to know how David dies?

Spoiler
Decapitated by Janek in the Lounge with the Fire Extinguisher.
[close]

Are you implying there's a 'Prometheus' version of the game 'Clue'? ('Cluedo' for our UK visitors...)

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Pretty sure they're talking about
Spoiler
Peter Weyland.
[close]

Ash 937

Ash 937

It's a case of juvenile crushes.  Vickers likes Weyland and gave David some flowers to deliver to him.  There was a note on the flowers that read, "I hope you like these.  I can't get my mind off of you."  When Peter Weyland got the note, he rolled his eyes and told David to tell Vickers to "Try Harder."  Vickers was really eager to find out what Weyland thought of the flowers but David was embarrassed for her and didn't want to break the bad news to her that Weyland was playing hard to get...and probably wasn't interested in her.  This is the scene when Vickers demands to get that information from David.

Spoiler
Meanwhile, Shaw and Holloway were making out in one of the cryotubes.
[close]

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Ash 937 on May 25, 2012, 12:01:36 AM
It's a case of juvenile crushes.  Vickers likes Weyland and gave David some flowers to deliver to him.  There was a note on the flowers that read, "I hope you like these.  I can't get my mind off of you."  When Peter Weyland got the note, he rolled his eyes and told David to tell Vickers to "Try Harder."  Vickers was really eager to find out what Weyland thought of the flowers but David was embarrassed for her and didn't want to break the bad news to her that Weyland was playing hard to get...and probably wasn't interested in her.  This is the scene when Vickers demands to get that information from David.

Spoiler
[close]

Still a better love story than Twilight.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Deuterium on May 24, 2012, 02:55:16 PMYes, Vickers just broke the first Rule of Robotics (in the Alien-verse). Never throw an android up against a wall.

:laugh:

szkoki

szkoki

this clip is full of life i luv it  8)

szkoki

szkoki

extra line

"a cup of tea, huh?"

;D that damn accent  ???

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Glaive on May 24, 2012, 03:21:44 PM
Quote from: Qwertify on May 24, 2012, 10:36:36 AM

Want to know how David dies?

Spoiler
Decapitated by Janek in the Lounge with the Fire Extinguisher.
[close]

Are you implying there's a 'Prometheus' version of the game 'Clue'? ('Cluedo' for our UK visitors...)

That would be pretty cool no?
You have your characters: Shaw, Holloway, David, Vickers, Janek, Engineer, Cuddles, and Weyland.
Then you have your weapons: flamethrower, ass flower, fire extinguisher, black goo, blunt side of an ampule case, pistol, Weyland's cane, and giant axe.
And you have your locations, Vickers' room, the medlab, the laboratory, hypersleep chamber, the docking bay, Juggernaut pilot room, ampoule room, and Prometheus cockpit.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

"I'll find the chord that makes you run, and I'' cut it"

szkoki

szkoki

WHAT ...DID...HE...SAY???

in the extended clip?  ;D

ryanjayhawk

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: Vickers on May 25, 2012, 12:06:48 AM
Quote from: Ash 937 on May 25, 2012, 12:01:36 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Still a better love story than Twilight.

Well played... cue golf clap

harlock

harlock

And well, now we know what the scene meant and who David was talking to;

Spoiler
He was talking to Weyland and 'Try Harder' most likely referring to David's orders to use Engineer tech to help Weyland's health, which is lacking in his old age.
[close]

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Tonight, Tuesday, June 5th:

Noomi Rapace is guest #2 on Late Show w/ David Letterman (CBS - 11:35 PM)

Michael Fassbender is guest #1 on Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon (NBC - 12:35 AM)

Charlize Theron is guest #1 on Conan (TBS - 11 PM & 1 AM)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed