Talk Show Promotion

Started by Vickers, May 24, 2012, 08:16:11 AM

Author
Talk Show Promotion (Read 16,770 times)

Symn

Symn

^ how would you know? There's a massive campaign of misinformation around this movie. ^

Vickers Valiant

Vickers Valiant

Quote from: Symn on May 24, 2012, 10:34:46 AM
I AM impressed by the acting in this. Vicky seems like a proper insane b*tch and Fassbender seems like a proper... Android.   This little scene here blows everything Logan Marsshall Green and his hipsterface has ever done right out of the water. I soo hope that douche dies a painful horrible excruciatingly slow death.

Just based on the few scenes with Logan that I've seen from the trailers, I really don't like his performance. Some of his lines come off as cheesy as hell or just plain awkward, and in other parts he seems to be overacting like a mofo.

Remember the Q & A that was shown right before the first "official" trailer was premiered? Now I know why Ridley didn't want people cheering for Holloway haha.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Symn on May 24, 2012, 10:39:53 AM
^ how would you know? There's a massive campaign of misinformation around this movie. ^

How do you know? Maybe I am secretly part of that campaign?  8)

mcj5644

mcj5644

Quote from: Vickers on May 24, 2012, 10:37:54 AM
Why can't Vickers and Ripley both be threatening? ;) Besides, they don't strike me as being similar apart from being strong women with some sense while everybody else is out and about asking for something to happen to them...

Both characters possess gravitas, no doubt, but I'd absolutely favor Ripley in a fight!

-MCJ

VickersAsh

VickersAsh

oh boy
that was tense. love it

and about the comparisons.. every time there are two strong women in the same field, in the same universe, in the same franchise, people want to pit them against each other no matter if the women are fiction or not.
we can love these two badass mother fu*kers without comparing and fighting about who's better

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

That moment was brilliance...from the acting to the lightning to the music. THAT is how you act a scene.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Qwertify on May 24, 2012, 10:36:36 AM
Want to know how David dies?
[quote/]
Spoiler
Decapitated by Janek in the Lounge with the Fire Extinguisher.
[close]

...oh, no he wasn't.  David was decapitated on the Juggernaught.  What we don't know is who did the dirty deed, most say the jockey in the picture but some suggest Weyland and Shaw are also present in this scene.

Back on topic... it does seem like the discussion is about Weyland, who is after one of the Jockey suites he believes will sustain him.  Definately something sinister going on there.  :)  Nice find!

mcj5644

mcj5644

Quote from: VickersAsh on May 24, 2012, 10:53:23 AM
...and about the comparisons.. every time there are two strong women in the same field, in the same universe, in the same franchise, people want to pit them against each other no matter if the women are fiction or not.
we can love these two badass mother fu*kers without comparing and fighting about who's better

For what it's worth, I often like to consider hypothetical "show downs" between noteworthy male protagonists as well.

Speaking for myself, it's really about how intriguing and tough a particular character happens to be; gender could not be more irrelevant.

-MCJ

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: VickersAsh on May 24, 2012, 10:53:23 AM
oh boy
that was tense. love it

and about the comparisons.. every time there are two strong women in the same field, in the same universe, in the same franchise, people want to pit them against each other no matter if the women are fiction or not.
I'm just presenting a parallel, not pitting them against eachother.

VickersAsh

VickersAsh

Quote from: mcj5644 on May 24, 2012, 11:05:37 AM
For what it's worth, I often like to consider hypothetical "show downs" between noteworthy male protagonists as well. http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz174/BK56/shrug.gif

Speaking for myself, it's really about how intriguing and tough a particular character happens to be; gender could not be more irrelevant.

-MCJ

i would say that for myself also. tho it's definitely not a case with the majority, and i don't even think it's a conscious action

mcj5644

mcj5644

Quote from: VickersAsh on May 24, 2012, 11:12:01 AM

i would say that for myself also. tho it's definitely not a case with the majority, and i don't even think it's a conscious action

Agreed (sadly).  For what it's worth, amongst all of the iconic sci-fi films produced in the past thirty years or so, I consider Ellen Ripley to be the most heroic protagonist in the entire genre.

Courageous, strong and honorable ... I really admire those traits in an individual.

-MCJ

Eva

Eva

Great clip and I'm apparently the only one who likes how omnious the score was  :laugh:

Quote from: Vickers on May 24, 2012, 10:00:26 AM
I don't think she's talking about a life support cord.  She's referring to him being an android. "I will find the cord that makes you run and then I will cut it."

More of a metaphor.

Although I could be way off. :P

You're not off and I agree - it's Vickers putting David down just because she can, him being non-human and all.

The clip seems to suggest that the scenario I've had in mind, with tension arising between Vickers and Weyland with David smack in the middle, is happening for real. The 'try harder' comment must refeer directly to something David is up to (in his lab with the engineer specimens?), considering it was only meant for him.

Quote from: Symn on May 24, 2012, 10:39:53 AM

Actually no. What there is a massive amount of, are misguided analysis, theories and readings of what have been shown to us up until this very moment. Sofar, nothing that Riddles, Lindelof or Spaihts have said on the film, have been revealed to be misinformation.

Valaquen

Valaquen

I thought the score was overpowering the dialogue there, maybe just my speakers, but I had to strain to hear what they were saying. Still very excited. One week to go :)

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

"I will find the cord that makes you run and I will cut it"

I LOVED the score behind that scene as well.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

This was a good scene. Also I like how david changed his voice to weylands when he said "try harder". :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed