AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Predators Writer Alex Litvak Talks Predators 2 Plans!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 28, 2020, 04:10:17 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Predators Writer Alex Litvak Talks Predators 2 Plans! (Read 20,258 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master on Sep 03, 2020, 06:31:39 AM
I'm not sure this is what I would like. I'm in favour of smaller, slow burning and  more down to earth ( ;D) Predator stories.

Overall, me too! And the Predator Hunters comic series reaffirmed my faith in these type of Predator stories.

FTA Spear

Predators was not good. The Predator was not good.

I expect this too will be garbage.

Kradan

RidleyScott99

Sounds great but very expensive. Predators was cheap in terms of budget

Voodoo Magic

Right? $52 Million Domestic. $127 Million Total Worldwide. The only reason Predators was a moderate success was its low $40 Million budget. I just can't see a studio greenlighting a sequel with 2.5 x the budget likely necessary to achieve "Die Hard on a Predator Ship". I love the concept, but in a writer's shoes, I would never personally approach a potential sequel that way. A brand new Predator film, yes, but not a Predators sequel.

skhellter

Shane Black was probably aware of these plans.

When asked about Predators he said something about it "taking place sometime after" his film.

Cheeky.

Anyway, this "reveal" would have benefited Predators a tiny bit, instead of the limp way that the movie ends on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed