Aliens: Colonial Marines 'Bug Hunt' DLC Cam Footage

Started by ikarop, Mar 13, 2013, 04:30:04 AM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines 'Bug Hunt' DLC Cam Footage (Read 32,764 times)

JokersWarPig

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 14, 2013, 04:56:09 PM

:laugh:

Still playing the mp, for what it's worth.

*shakes head in embarrassed regret*

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 13, 2013, 08:36:38 PM
Yeah, it's great until about round 7, when the WY soldiers show up and are once again more dangerous than the Aliens.

I can only pray that the WY enemies aren't in every map. So far I've only gotten above round 6 on the Mercenary map, but I about threw the disc out the window once the hordes of WY enemies started showing up. Does anybody know if they're on all 3 maps?

This completely ruins the experience for me, and any immersion they managed to create by allowing a bit of dynamic play is gone once the idiot squads start showing up. I hate you, Gearbox, so thoroughly and deeply. I hope you go bankrupt, because the only skill you seem to consistently display is to take something good and f**k it up completely.

Made worse by the fact that this was actually fun up until this point. Ugh mah god, just dissolve your company and go sell cars before you do any more damage, Pitchford. You're a complete loser, and I mean that wholeheartedly.

Edit - Yes, the WY mercs are on every map. Nothing quite like bunkering down and sealing doors in Hadleys to prepare for a terrifying encounter with an army of space douchebags!

I hate this game so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrSz_ACx1Ao#

Looks like I won't be getting the season pass after all.

ColdIntel

ColdIntel

Still want to know when bug hunt will hit for the rest of us

spinksy

Quote from: ColdIntel on Mar 14, 2013, 06:50:59 PM
Still want to know when bug hunt will hit for the rest of us

I'm not 100% on this but I'm sure I read the 18th March

Six-String-Samurai

i really don't understand gearbox, one of the biggest complaints from fans was that you spend more time shooting mercs than you do aliens. so when the time comes to make a stand-out piece of dlc focused on said aliens what do they do?  I'm getting real tired of gearbox's S**t

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Six-String-Samurai on Mar 14, 2013, 06:55:16 PM
i really don't understand gearbox, one of the biggest complaints from fans was that you spend more time shooting mercs than you do aliens. so when the time comes to make a stand-out piece of dlc focused on said aliens what do they do?  I'm getting real tired of gearbox's S**t

http://i47.tinypic.com/5ttfsg.jpg

Gearbox already had the maps and AI all done way before the reviews came crashing down on their arses! People speculate that these maps, either for SP, MP (Co-Op included) seem to have been leftovers that didn't fit the game once Gearbox began downgrading the TimeGate version! These maps and modes were definitely already done before release! They just wanted to leave the best for last, furthering the treatment of 'let the suckers buy this crap and then leave the best MP modes and maps for the DLC to make them buy them, if they hadn't already with the Season Pass ploy we inflicted on their gullible arses!' >:(

PRJ_since1990

Wow I'm impressed by their lofty level of douchbaggery and suckitude. But seriously, is there any one here who would want to sign a petition/raid the official forums for A:CM to see if we can try to change this? Even AvP 2010 had Alien horde mode with NO WY anybody.

PredalienXenomorph

Just don't give gearbox any of your money, it's the only thing they care about. Before this game I was considering buying Borderlands, now there is not a chance.

RagingDragon

I do think the maps are rather impressive (about as impressive as these poor damned graphics can get.) The Hadley's map (Tribute) is just great, and looks/feels exactly like Aliens. The amount of rooms and corridors there are, along with closeable (but not weldable) doors are truly a joy to fight through. So many little hallways and rooms, as you open your way to the Operations center and Medlab (where the Smartgun, Incinerator, etc.. are located) and the Aliens can pull the doors open behind you in truly scary fashion. There have been many times where I've backed myself into a corner and had Aliens swarming through vents, pulling open doors, and my tracker is going off all over the place. A lot of fun, honestly.

Pathfinding also seems a little better, though they still all line up to jump at the same points. If you catch them right, you can waste a whole spawns worth of enemies as they crawl up the same hole in the floor or whatever. An improvement, but still far from perfect. Far from AvP 2010's Alien movement, that's for damned sure.

I can't really make a call given this is $15. If it didn't have f**king WY, I'd say go for it if you already like the game.. but that does feel like a slap in the face, as many of you have said already. There's lots to keep people playing, but I'm still very much on the fence.

WinterActual

The moment I've read that we are fighting WY mercs and the deal was over for me. Sorry GBX you are complete douchebags. Sorry but its like that, you made me to call you what you are. The ALIENS fans want to fight ALIENS you know.. whats this human versus human fights in this game? Ok you screwed it up for the main game but did you ever read the feedback? Well I guess not because you end up as 100% morons with adding even more human enemies after everything said by the fans after the release. Yeah Ill get the DLC but when its for sale in Steam for 5$ or even less.

The Runner

Anyone who mentioned them wanting to fight WY-Mercs as enemy variety before release I am going to kick in the privates with cleats.

Hell, I wouldn't mind a few new alien varieties instead of huuumunz.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: The Runner on Mar 14, 2013, 11:06:29 PM
Anyone who mentioned them wanting to fight WY-Mercs as enemy variety before release I am going to kick in the privates with cleats.

Hell, I wouldn't mind a few new alien varieties instead of huuumunz.

There was actually people who wanted that?
I mean maybe for ONE level, sure, but there's too many human vs human levels. AVP2010 at least spaced out the combat synthetics enough for it to not be as annoying

PRJ_since1990

The Borderlands games are incredible, but I can see what you mean. But it's the same premise as Activision IMO. I don't like CoD but I do like Guitar Hero and Prototype (and a few others I can't think of atm). Some publishers are fantastic, some are garbage, and some have good and bad titles. I mean, what else has Gearbox done besides Borderlands that they're known for? I'm not looking them up, just going off my knowledge.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Mar 15, 2013, 02:30:36 AM
The Borderlands games are incredible, but I can see what you mean. But it's the same premise as Activision IMO. I don't like CoD but I do like Guitar Hero and Prototype (and a few others I can't think of atm). Some publishers are fantastic, some are garbage, and some have good and bad titles. I mean, what else has Gearbox done besides Borderlands that they're known for? I'm not looking them up, just going off my knowledge.

I think they did Brothers In Arms. I loved the first two...ACM should have had that combat dynamic/character development.

PRI. HUDSON

I dig it. I just wanna play with 3 people alongside. It's kinda boring after a while on your own. I love bypassing doors and setting up turrets.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed