Love them both
5 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 398

Author
AvPR vs A:R (Read 142,567 times)

Tichinde

Tichinde

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jul 22, 2020, 10:03:29 PM
I think wolf sometimes gets a free pass because he looked and acted (physically if not logicially) more like the Predators of the original two films. The original AVP was just too drastic with its changes and the bulkier look never really worked.

Always cracked that up to Celtic being an alpha male and a Youngblood which is why he was more brutish. There are parts of AVP I absolutely love which I'm sure aliens fans hate, but the subtle implication that 3 predators could actually hold off that entire pyramid of xenos with the line "IF the hunters lost" and the fact that the pyramids still exist indicates the hunters didn't always lose that fight... 😳. The flashback sequences with the preds should have been what the whole movie was like imo, BA predators vs armies of aliens, similar to broken tusk in Prey or any other book yautja. Even the youngbloods from Prey leapt in and took out about 4 xenos before going down lol

SM

SM

The overt explanation is that 3 Predators couldn't hold off an entire pyramid - so they nuked it.

Under normal circumstances they had 7 Aliens to deal with at a Bouvet style temple.

SiL

SiL

And big guns.

SM

SM

Yeah.  Not a huge challenge - unless they're supposed to be fighting hand-to-hand and the guns are a back up and they're Twitch streaming back to the mother ship so they don't cheat.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Makes you wonder why they bother using the same situation when there has already been a massive infestation before.  Seven would be enough and to avoid an infestation, they should have disabled the mechanism to stop more eggs being brought up in the temple. Also the pyramid should be devoid of humans during the hunt. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed