Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy

Started by ajm, Feb 10, 2010, 10:17:49 AM

Author
Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy (Read 171,650 times)

[REB]Trigger

Quote from: safetyman on Feb 26, 2010, 11:15:25 AM
QuoteThe muzzle flash issue, highlighted in the screen shot I linked to was a PC problem on ATi cards only.

What? No! I have GTX 280 and I get this.

Proof:

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/1069/avp2010022612190383.png

And the area it was taken in isn't even as dark as it gets in this game.

This issue I am referring to is shown here

What you have shown in your screenshot is expected behaviour

safetyman

safetyman

Quote from: [REB]Trigger on Feb 26, 2010, 12:01:37 PM
Quote from: safetyman on Feb 26, 2010, 11:15:25 AM
QuoteThe muzzle flash issue, highlighted in the screen shot I linked to was a PC problem on ATi cards only.

What? No! I have GTX 280 and I get this.

Proof:

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/1069/avp2010022612190383.png

And the area it was taken in isn't even as dark as it gets in this game.

This issue I am referring to is shown here

What you have shown in your screenshot is expected behaviour

Well then, it must have been a calculated decision to make it the exact size it is in my screenshot, for it is different in the marine trainer and every other trailer ever made.

I resized my screenshot to have the same resolution as the trailer video, paused where the muzzle flash is the biggest:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2427/muzzleflash.png

Do note that the video is also with the pulse rifle shooting in an ever darker area than my screenshot.

kroenen77

Whats with the soundbugs and the tearing on the ps3?Are you still working on it rebellion?
And whats with the problem when the host is leaving the game?Do you fix it like MW2 with a new host automatic?

LoboTheLoco

Heres my questions:

1. why havent the issues with matchmaking in the 360 version been addressed? ive seen multiple complaints about many waiting longer than 15 minutes to get into a ranked match on various forums, surely rebellion and sega are aware of these problems, can we get a little reassurance these problems will be fixed for the 360?

2. will the net coding be improved? ive had some horrible matches where the stealth kill function would not work no matter what even when i pressed "X" behind the opponent multiple times, why is it the button press wont respond when the visual notification is still on screen? (press X for trophy kill)

other than that im enjoying this game in the single player but will move on to multiplayer when you patch it.

[USMC] Pure

[USMC] Pure

Hello Eric

Nice to finally be able to speak to a member of rebellion

first thing i would like to ask is when i saw the first look at the MP skins on the forums i saw the warrior dome model was the dog alien from alien 3 was that fake or was it removed? Also will there be a mode of gameplay put in the game like Evac from avp2?
I had hours of fun on that and i think it would fit well in multiplayer and make many people happy.

4 marines at a destroyed apc trying to get to a dropship with 14 aliens trying to stop them. i like them odds :)
thanks in advance for an answer

kaljo

Only 1 question from me. This might have been asked before, but.

1. Are we going to be able to join a session in progress? Or do we all need to be in the lobby then start? I am referring to the PC version.

Cheers.

cerebral45

cerebral45

is there going to be a patch for the PS3?cuz i see that you guys are patching the PC's problems but us PS3 gamers are having alot of problems with AVP as well. for example the matchmaking takes WAAAAAY too long and when it does actually work you get into a ranked match with about 4 to 5 people MAX which i find to be a huge buzzkill especially when the game can hold a total of 18 players . ontop of that the unranked matches don't have join in progress so you cant late join games which sucks for people who do like to host games cuz were stuck with unbalanced teams cuz of people quiting which is turning off ALOT of online players and the game is suffering community wise because of it since I see alot less people on specially because of these 2 problems.are you guys going to patch these problems? cuz us ps3 gamers would really appreciate it

JAGX

JAGX

Have you been keeping up do date with the discussion on SEGA's Alien forums?  And why no posts in general threads from Rebellion over there?

What is being done to fix the Predator's balancing issue?  Everyone one the forums at Sega is complaining about it.

As it stands, Predators are overpowered because they are better than Aliens at melee combat plus they get ranged weapons which are one-hit kills with tracking!  It's not fair in the Alien vs Predator dynamic, because Predators have so much health that they can withstand two heavy attacks.  Also, Aliens are knocked down when:  they are countered, the Predator focus lunges from a distance, they are shot by the plasma caster, while Predators cannot be knocked down, and therefore can recover from an Alien counter attack.  All other inter-species counter scenarios involve death, besides the Alien vs Predator scenario.  It's just too easy for a Predator to hit an Alien in some way and it's game over because they get knocked down.

And then Predators weapons make virtually no use of energy.  It would be one thing if Predators were in some way dependent on their weapons because their melee abilities were weaker than the Aliens, but the Predators have an advantage in melee AND they can spam discs and spears with infinite ammo!  They also sprint pretty damn fast too.  Why is it that the Predator is basically an Alien with more health, ranged weapons, and cannot be knocked down?

Will Alien's side-strafe be increased?  Right now they are fast in a straight line but that's about it...

And finally, what about console patches?  I realize XBL certification adds two weeks minimum, but they are coming, right?

spacebug

Can you confirm whether there are rank increase rewards for completing single player campaigns and/or collecting all collectables?  I thought there were, but some people think it's a bug.  If so, how mych XP/rank increase is there for each thing?

VEF214

I have a question, why are there so many PR spawns around the map when you spawn with 99/297?

maddog2281

Good evening rebellion
i just have a couple of questions that i hope you can answer, just so you know im a ps3 user, so I'm relating to to the console versions.
Ok first question when will the extra multiplayer maps come out? i heard it would be a map a week starting from release so when the ps3 store updated and there wasn't one i was a bit downhearted.
Second question is actually a two parter which I'm sure you get lots of questions regarding, but i have waited and thought id see if i could get a more up to date response, will you be increasing the flamethrower damage? as it just doesn't handle right and is a weak aspect of the game, also will it show up on predators vision as a heat source for a more realistic appearance?
i like the idea of spraying the walls and lighting them up, all though even this aspect needs work as the flames do little damage or little to stop enemies just walking through knowing the attributes of the fire does little in terms of damage or them even getting alight.
an amazing game which i found mostly enjoyable i look forward to maybe seeing a few DLC's
but id really just like to know if there will be any updates to rectify some or all the issues i have come across
cheers for the good work on the avp game
Jason

Jumpman

1. can yall turn the hunter preds mask back to its normal silver color, having it black/brown is beyond stupid. its like having michael jordan in a basketball game and making him white...

Elder Yautja

Greetings,

I do not know if it has already been asked, but could it be possible to get each ranks requirements (XP) and each rank needed to unlock skins (along with the skin it unlocks).

Thanks.

JediMasterGabe

Will there be an update where ur XP is saved even if the host leaves the game because I just played three games in a row with over 30 kills combined and have gotten Zero XP

Valheru

Quote from: JediMasterGabe on Mar 02, 2010, 02:07:34 AM
Will there be an update where ur XP is saved even if the host leaves the game because I just played three games in a row with over 30 kills combined and have gotten Zero XP

Are you definitely playing in ranked matches? Because I recently saw another post that someone had tested and found you do still get the XP you'd accumulated so far if the host leaves.

Would be great if REB could confirm this though, yay or nay?

Cheers!

Valheru

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed