Limited Run Games - Alien Isolation Physical Editions

Started by Cosmic Incubation, Apr 26, 2023, 10:17:59 PM

Author
Limited Run Games - Alien Isolation Physical Editions (Read 3,143 times)

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Limited Run Games just announced they will be doing physical versions of Alien Isolation for Switch, along with some collectors editions.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1651348189511909376?s=20

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1651348192225636352?s=20

bobby brown

Look, it's cool and all, but that steelbook? Hire an artist or use some cool promo art, anything but that. Also, this is petty, but they should know better than to use the ALIENS-era Weyland-Yutani logo.

Jurassicvania

I'm excited for this, especially the little model.
Except I don't think the design for the steelbook is helping to sell it. No problem with minimalism,  but don't think this works for a SB.
Maybe something like a maze overlayed, or many other graphical element would help it.
Though I always prefer something that looks like an in-game artifact, I understand we saw that before.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: bobby brown on Apr 27, 2023, 08:21:27 AMLook, it's cool and all, but that steelbook? Hire an artist or use some cool promo art, anything but that. Also, this is petty, but they should know better than to use the ALIENS-era Weyland-Yutani logo.

All of those art cards are posters that appear in the game throughout Sevastopol. So that weyland yutani logo, and that specific poster, has been in the game all along. It came from Creative Assembly. That same poster artwork appears in the "Art and Making of" book too.

bobby brown

Quote from: Engineer on Apr 27, 2023, 09:47:27 AM
Quote from: bobby brown on Apr 27, 2023, 08:21:27 AMLook, it's cool and all, but that steelbook? Hire an artist or use some cool promo art, anything but that. Also, this is petty, but they should know better than to use the ALIENS-era Weyland-Yutani logo.

All of those art cards are posters that appear in the game throughout Sevastopol. So that weyland yutani logo, and that specific poster, has been in the game all along. It came from Creative Assembly. That same poster artwork appears in the "Art and Making of" book too.

It isn't in the game, however. (Im aware it's in the art book) And I was actually thinking of the small WY logo on the box.

Corporal Hicks

This was the most surprising news of Alien Day for me. Not something I expected so late in the game. But that Collector's Edition is really appealing. I'm loving the VHS styled box (regardless of the WY logo).

Russ840

Getting a bit peeved with Limited Run these days. Super happy to see this getting a physical and I want it but I really begrudge it because they are getting lazy and cheap not producing manuals for the games.

Genjitsu17

BlueMarsalis79

Looks pretty good but seriously overpriced, the most exciting part to me being finally getting an official soundtrack release out of it, that will hopefully be sold separately later on.

judge death

Wouldnt call 39 dollar overpriced as many switch games in stores here is around 59-69 dollar. But then again im going for the normal game version, dont need the collector edition etc. Just the standard game on a physical format is my wet dream. :D

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah but it had physical releases, this one I own:

The new ones here with the actual goodies, are overpriced.

judge death

Compared to those yep, its overpriced. True, have it myself for PS3, PS4, PC, digitaly on switch but now finally physical on the switch when I get this one. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed