Author
Currently Playing (Read 916,781 times)

Kradan

Kradan

nooooooo

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

The Isle (EVRIMA)

Been playing as a tiny guy known as Hypsilophodon, a herbivore which can blind other dinosaurs by spitting a projectile of acidic bile from the stomach as a defence mechanism.

A Carnotarus was charging a Stegosaurus but I positioned myself well enough to successfully vomit in his face and he didn't see that Stego tail coming so the Carno wasn't able to dodge it and ended up dead...

Me:

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Hearts  of Iron 4 - a WW2 grad strategy game where pick a nation and try not to die.

So I picked Poland... and died. Turns out being able to tell the future doesn't make much difference, and it didn't help that I forget all about East Prussia... *facepalm*

I even tried switching from non-aligned government to democratic government to join the allies earlier so I can give the British and French troops access to Poland but it turns out it there needs to be 80% world tension (not happening before invasion), so then I tried to guarantee the independence of the Czechs... that didn't work either. All this time I'm modernizing and building up the military and even building a submarine fleet but none of it made a difference because the Germans and Soviets too much.

Next I played as Ethiopia which starts off at war with Italy right way, historically Ethiopia lost in 1936 but I managed to humiliate the Italians right into 1945.

razeak

razeak

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is the free game on epic game store tomorrow.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've been playing that lately as it was free on PSN a while back. I'll preface this by saying I don't currently have the internet connection to tackle the multiplayer, so I've been sticking to the campaign:

One of the glitchiest pieces of crap I've ever played. Practically every mission I see a Stormtrooper dancing maniacally behind cover because they stuck in an endless animation loop. Shooter gameplay is also terribly dull. It's a shame because it looks gorgeous and the flying missions are great.

Also the story and dialogue sucks. Except Shriv. Legitimately my favourite video game character for ages.

razeak

razeak

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 14, 2021, 11:18:23 AM
I've been playing that lately as it was free on PSN a while back. I'll preface this by saying I don't currently have the internet connection to tackle the multiplayer, so I've been sticking to the campaign:

One of the glitchiest pieces of crap I've ever played. Practically every mission I see a Stormtrooper dancing maniacally behind cover because they stuck in an endless animation loop. Shooter gameplay is also terribly dull. It's a shame because it looks gorgeous and the flying missions are great.

Also the story and dialogue sucks. Except Shriv. Legitimately my favourite video game character for ages.

Shriv is awesome.

I played on xbox at launch and didn't have issue. Did you update?

After all of the updates, I thinkt he multiplayer is very fun. I did find the campaign to be dull. I think the story was fine. The AI just doesn't really make it interesting. The flight missions are the best for sure.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: razeak on Jan 14, 2021, 02:26:13 PMI played on xbox at launch and didn't have issue. Did you update?

It was the last thing I downloaded before moving out of my old place and losing wifi last year, so it should all be up to date.

Don't get me wrong, the glitches don't break the game or anything. It's just how frequently I'm seeing it, and how obvious they are.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Hearts of Iron 4

This has been my most successful run at being a major power ever so far.

I picked Nazi Germany but then immediately went for Oppose Hitler in the focus tree, fought in a German Civil War, and now Hitler and the Nazies are dead in 1936. In rebuilding the nation you can go democratic or restore the German Empire, I've done democratic Germany before so I picked German Empire and Wilhelm II came out of exile. At the same time though Britain turned fascist (which I think is scripted because of the German civil war, something about "The British Union of Fascists" which was a real thing that was dissolved in 1940 in our timeline) which has made them enemy #...2, I deemed the Soviets the bigger threat.

I can't fight alone though so I formed the faction "Central Powers" and first invited Bulgaria, then the Austrians, Hungarians and Czechs voluntarily formed Austria-Hungary and joined next, then in 1939 I had Benito Mussolini assassinated and brought the Kingdom of Italy into the fold (and depriving fascist Britain of it's only ally at the time), then Romania asked to join too. I then guaranteed the independence of Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Finland, and then did the same for Poland in exchange for Danzig (and they agreed!).  Later on Poland and the others also officially joined my faction as world tension was rising and the Soviets moved to make demands on Poland.

The Soviets attacked Poland and the German-Soviet War had begun as I called all of the faction to war. With close to 3 million casualties on our side and 4.90 million Soviet casualties, the war was already over in December 1941 with us the victors. I took no land myself to avoid too much border gore, I made Russia a puppet within the faction and neatly gave a nice chunks of land to Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Romania, and on the way home I got Italy a piece of Yugoslavia, because they were actually competent in this timeline, including successful naval landings in Crimea, the Caucasus, and northern Russia which was a surprise to be sure but a welcome one.

But in the west fascist Britain gained the Netherlands and France as allies, and now another war in on the horizon as my vast faction now marches west against the fascist threat. Because I was fighting an entirely land battle it means that my growing fleet was out of harms way, so I now have a whole bunch of battleships, the heavy fighters, naval bombers and submarines to support them, and I've even started building aircraft carriers, I plan on going toe to toe with the British navy as an obstacle to my invasion. Hitler's dead, Mussolini's dead, Stalin's gone, you're next random British guy not from the history books.

Plus I'll get to both liberate and unify Ireland, because you can bet an invasion of Ireland is the first thing fascist Britain would do...

Edit: Okay maybe not unify, because I think that would stop me from getting an achievement, maybe later?

Stitch

Stitch

Having finished Cyberpunk 2077, and The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, I'm now playing through the Hivebusters campaign for Gears 5. Maybe it's because I'm playing on Insane difficulty, but it's fairly hard. Fun, though. Since it's only supposed to be about 3 hours long, I figure a higher difficulty level will pad it out a bit.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Stitch on Jan 16, 2021, 12:21:47 PM
Having finished Cyberpunk 2077, and The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, I'm now playing through the Hivebusters campaign for Gears 5. Maybe it's because I'm playing on Insane difficulty, but it's fairly hard. Fun, though. Since it's only supposed to be about 3 hours long, I figure a higher difficulty level will pad it out a bit.
...aaaand it did. I now have an achievement that only 0.09% of players have.

Final boss was pretty tricky! Worth playing, though!

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Continuing from my previous post about HOI4 which was a while ago I beat the British and French and even unified Ireland and freed Scotland, then because I forgot an achievement I had to fight a 3rd war by coming to the aid of the United States in a losing fight against Japan. I the German Empire defeated Japan and annexed Japanese controlled islands in the Caribbean to get the achievement "Our Place in the Sun".

Now though I've playing and learning Europa Universalis 4, which is is similar to and in fact from the same developers of HOI4, but instead of WW2 it takes place from the Age of Discovery up to the Napoleonic Wars, and I've had to learn a library worth of new things to even understand how to "get good".

I've been focusing on Sweden. Always starting off with a war of independence against Denmark, and then after lots of trial and error my latest playthroughs have been about "playing tall", which places an emphasis on developing your nation as a means to gain more profit as well as manpower in the process, therefore I haven't been rushing to dominate the Baltic and I'm even allied to the Livonian Order (Estonia/Latvia today)... because I plan on eventually just vassalizing them then later diplomatically annexing them. As far as idea groups go I already have 2 going, Economic Ideas and Defensive Ideas (which can be more offensive than it sounds). I've heard about going Innovative and Quality for the Prussian space marines, but from what I've researched morale is more important for the early game and discipline for the mid-late game, Sweden already gets 20% more Infantry by default so I'd rather get Defensive early on for +15% morale, -25% land attrition and +1 attrition for enemies and when paired with Economic Ideas I can get -1 unrest and -10 stability cost, and when I get Quality Ideas, Offensive Ideas, pair Quality with Economic and progress in National Ideas later I then get a total of +20% discipline, which unlike infantry combat ability can also benefit the cavalry and artillery.

But as far what's going on in the world, I was meant to attack Denmark to claim rightful Swedish lands such as Skane... the only  problem is Denmark has allied Muscovy aka Russia and none of my allies would help.... I however have found a solution. If I were to instead go to war with Muscovy my allies Livonia, Poland-Lithuania and England would all help while Denmark would refuse to help Muscovy, and suddenly Muscovy's 49k army doesn't look so hot against our combined 100k army which I'm going to be bump with recruitment and max army maintenance. Then once Muscovy has been humbled Denmark will be alone and isolated enough that I can take them single-handedly.

Can't wait though until I'm strong enough to fight bigger threats on my own as the game progresses.

Zoldner

Zoldner

Predator Hunting Grounds. Lvl 150. PC.  Predator is a little to get used to but once the fingers and keys start dancing smoothly, I found myself pushing trees all night long.  Best Job I ever had.  :D

Huggs

Huggs

Bioshock

AVP 2010

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Into the Breach

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Europa Universalis 4

Allow me to tell you of the Great (or horrific) Swedish-Muscovite War.

In this different playthrough Muscovy (basically Russia) was making me uncomfortable as I wanted to deal with Denmark but didn't want a sword in the back, they weren't allied but that hasn't stopped Muscovy before. With Poland-Lithuania on my side it'd be an even fight so I declared war to weaken Muscovy.

It started out even, but then it was getting bloody and next thing you they make Poland peace out and I'm on my own and the fight came to Finland as my forces were bloodied and in a forced retreat. But this playthrough I saw the value in castles more in far as restricting the enemy from just roaming unchecked and slowing them down, because before enemies can progress through adjacent territory they have to take the local castle. I had built a castle up north in Rovaniemi (which worked particularly great in stopping enemies from just doing what they want up north) and across the Gulf of Finland in Ingermanland to compliment the castles in Viborg and Abo.

This is when I made my comeback, while the Muscovites were busy with the castles and even dividing their forces my own Swedish army was allowed to recover and hire mercenary help. Then before the castles could fall my army would show up and starting winning multiple victories. Time and time again Muscovy kept asking me to surrender and give up half of my land but I kept refusing and then just starting ignoring them as I started driving the Muscovites out of Finland especially because the Muscovite manpower was now gone. I then reversed the -70 warscore and took some Muscovite castles to be finally able make Muscovy take a white peace.

So the war ended in a white peace with 130,000 casualties on the Swedish side and 180,000 casualties on the Muscovite side after 21 years of fighting in the late 15th century, and with Sweden still in the game and intact. As well I continue to learn new things including the value of strategically placed castles against Muscovy so in the future unless I have a clear advantage I'll let Muscovy come to me and maybe with me as a defender rather than attacker they'd peace out a little sooner/easier and perhaps I'd preserve more lives not having to enter Russia.

With all that I'm learning I'm getting closer to being able to have a real shot at the "Lion of the North" achievement (as Sweden, lead the Protestants to victory against the Holy Roman Emperor in the League War).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed