Neil Blomkamp Has "Moved On" From Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 02, 2018, 10:23:48 PM

Author
Neil Blomkamp Has "Moved On" From Alien 5 (Read 86,783 times)

Corporal Hicks

Wonder if he thinks they're an official site too. 

I do hope that if we don't get his film then we get his script in some form or another. I think novel would be best suited but I'd take comic or game.

SM

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 20, 2018, 04:49:24 PM
https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/954550245349732352

More speculation from our good friends at Sci-fied.  :laugh:

They were wondering if my Planet 4 map was official the other day...

Scorpio

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 20, 2018, 04:49:24 PM
https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/954550245349732352

More speculation from our good friends at Sci-fied.  :laugh:

Arguably it already is a video game.

First he tries to make Halo, but that falls apart (Halo is heavily inspired by Aliens).  Then he tries to make Aliens 2, and it falls apart. 

Anyone see a pattern here or is that just me?

SiL

He's a filmmaker whose projects fall apart sometimes.

Which is every filmmaker ever.

SM

o hai

Whiskeybrewer

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 16, 2018, 01:28:10 PM
Either they make a sequel to Alien Resurrection, do another spin-off or reboot.  But if they retcon it they'll ruin it.  Yes, I say retcon because if you make Aliens 2, you ruin any chance of continuing after Alien Resurrection.  It's putting the series on a totally different path to the one before.

It would only be 'ruined' if it wasn't any good. If it turned out to be good, then it would hardly ruin anything.

As for the possibility of anything set after 'Resurrection', Weaver's already said she's turned down several scripts specifically because she has no desire to reprise the clone version of her character. So, not happening, regardless.

Scorpio

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 29, 2018, 12:09:20 PM
Weaver's already said she's turned down several scripts specifically because she has no desire to reprise the clone version of her character

Really, she did?  I did not know that.  Can you provide a source so I can read what she said?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Not directly related to Alien 5, but in this new EW interview Blomkamp talks a bit about his next big project, The Gone World.

QuoteTom Sweterlitsch's novel The Gone World has already created quite a stir. The rights to the book were acquired by Fox months ago before it was even published, with Neill Blomkamp (District 9) now attached to direct the adaptation. All this and the book still hasn't hit shelves — it'll be released on Feb. 6.

QuoteSo, as it became clear that Alien was collapsing, Mark Roybal, who was the executive, told me there's a book we're looking at optioning, that he really thought that I should take a look at, and then he forwarded me a paragraph summary that had been done internally at Fox, just to summarize what the book was. - Neill Blomkamp

More at: http://ew.com/books/2018/01/29/district-9-director-neill-blomkamp-and-tom-sweterlitsch-the-gone-world/

Alionic

The synopsis of that novel sounds even more stale than Blomkamp's pitch for Aliens: Part II.

Scorpio

Agreed.

I still hope he gets to make his Alien movie.  After Ridley is done with the franchise, they should give Blomkamp a chance.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Alionic on Jan 31, 2018, 03:48:59 AM
The synopsis of that novel sounds even more stale than Blomkamp's pitch for Aliens: Part II.

Except that everyone who has actually read the book seems to think otherwise.

Beatnation

Let the guy move on, no more Alien franchise suggestion to him (in any form, and that include videogames). Let him do The Gone World, which sounds like ass (I didn't read the book, so), pretty sure that would be the final nail of the coffin of such superb movie career.

Beatnation

Beatnation

Quote from: SiL on Jan 12, 2018, 11:07:44 PM
How are you going to demonstrate the flaw IMDB's rating system when Black Panther comes out, exactly?

How is a critically acclaimed movie as Black Panther is getting so many ones???

Is the DC fanboys downvoting this movie EVEN BEFORE THE PREMIERE

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

How is that not flawed?? Casual moviegoers will go to imdb to check out the score and it got the same score than BvS and Suicide Squad, are you kidding me? IMDB SYSTEM IS FLAWED.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Beatnation on Feb 09, 2018, 08:29:36 PM
Is the DC fanboys downvoting this movie EVEN BEFORE THE PREMIERE

Your witch screaming is getting really boring. The film has already had a limited release. Additionally, IMDB has already explained in their Get Satisfaction board, that any private screenings, participates can submit their ratings.

How is a critically acclaimed movie as Black Panther is getting so many ones???

I've explained many times here, you don't know how many of the 1,000 1.0 ratings are actually applied to the weighted average, they do not reveal that formula. Every IMDB member has a "voting value" rating. Someone who uses an account to do nothing but vote all 10's or all 1's has a near zero, or absolute zero submitter rating.

The Godfather has 36,000 1.0 ratings. Alien 79 and Aliens 86 has 4,000 1.0 ratings each. 2001 ASO has 11,000 1.0 ratings. People can be very extreme about their movie tastes. You can find in these very forums people rating a given film a perfect 10 or a lowly 1.

IMDB SYSTEM IS FLAWED.

Then don't go to IMDB.......derp. Perhaps you should stick with rotten tomatoes since it currently has over 80 critics rating it 8.4 rating for BP. That should silence your ranting for awhile.....that is, until a movie comes along you love and RT has given it a lowly rating while IMDB rates it highly. Then you will have to switch back to appease your ranting. Perhaps install a revolving door between the two sites.... ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed