Predator Reproduction Method Official

Started by The Chibi Kiriyama, Nov 16, 2007, 06:48:51 PM

Author
Predator Reproduction Method Official (Read 32,640 times)

The Chibi Kiriyama

Since the other thread is on the PredAlien's reproduction method, it might as well get it's own thread. I figured the Predator fans might have something to say about this:

QuoteGet set for the most brutal battle ever when Aliens vs Predator - Requiem introduces Predalien.

Not content with having just Alien and Predator battle it out, directors, the Strause Brothers (Colin and Greg Strause), have decided to up the terror ante by giving birth to a creature new to the long-running franchise: the Predalien.

Not really a Predator/Alien hybrid, Predalien is an Alien that incubated inside a Predator, taking on some characteristics of the host body.

"It's about 80 percent Alien, 20 percent Predator," say the filmmakers.

It has the Alien's exoskeleton, acid blood, scorpion-like tail and inner tongue/striking mouth. On the Predator side, it has an additional Predator-like mandible and an Alienised version of Predator "dreadlocks". More significantly, its Predator DNA has changed the Alien's method of procreation - instead of the creature's traditional Queen-egg-face-hugger-chest-burster-adult cycle, the Predalien regurgitates chest-burster embryos ... into the mouths of their victims.

Aliens vs Predator - Requiem will be unleashed in cinemas nationally on December 6.

The bolded part is my doing. Notice what it says about Pred reproduction?

Debate away, folks. I've been waiting for juicy material like this. :)

Porkus Maximus

100% pure canon awesome badassness.

No?

KARHAN

no it would be ridiulous if they show how pred reproduce :-X

csutkakoma

Well i don't get it. Chet is a young Queen or not? Or Is she a queen, but because of the PRedator DNA she has different reproduction? Or just the Predator DNA make her avaiable that kind of reproduction thing as long as she young queen and when Chet will grow up she starting to laying eggs? Anyway i like the idea.

Spaghetti

20% predator 80% alien

so the predalien is a mutant-abomination who would not naturally exist outside of this crappy movie?

PLEASE?

Xenomorphine

The writer is suggesting it. Not the directors. There are no quotes.

And the writer is probably suggesting it because they're as confused as the rest of us, as to why it is. :)

csutkakoma

Quote from: Spaghetti on Nov 16, 2007, 07:10:13 PM
20% predator 80% alien

so the predalien is a mutant-abomination who would not naturally exist outside of this crappy movie?

PLEASE?

The PRedalien is not a mutant. She is just different from the human born aliens, because the Predator DNA. This is make a lot of sense.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

QuoteThe writer is suggesting it. Not the directors. There are no quotes.

See my reply in the Reproduction thread...

QuoteThe PRedalien is not a mutant. She is just different from the human born aliens, because the Predator DNA. This is make a lot of sense.

How, exactly? Human-born Aliens aren't inclined to reproduce with a penis or a vagina or a womb, unless you make note of the hybrids in A:R. And they don't really count.

csutkakoma

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 16, 2007, 07:15:07 PM
QuoteThe writer is suggesting it. Not the directors. There are no quotes.

See my reply in the Reproduction thread...

Thx.

The Chibi Kiriyama

I meant that for Xenomorphine. :P

Xenomorphine

Quote from: csutkakoma on Nov 16, 2007, 07:08:49 PM
Chet is a young Queen or not? Or Is she a queen

He/she/it is a plot device which does whatever the hell the directors want it to do. This is done via waving a magic wanding and saying the mystical words, "It's our movie, so there." :)

This would never have been such a big issue if they weren't so often quoted as saying they were going to be "fixing" all the things supposedly done wrong the last time and that they would be making sure, five-billion percent, that they would be adhering to canon in every possible way, like, ever.

dDave

dDave

I have said this some time ago...^^

Maybe Preds reproduce with their mouths, that would be a reason why they had such large mandibles.... yeah and the Predalien get this ability...
think of it, what do the alien in Alien? it (tryied) to rape Lambert... maybe in nearly the same way humen would do it...
and remember... aliens were told as "perfect organism", they could survive in all kinds of enviroment and could adapt every kind of situation, if thats true, then its clear why it is so! they could get the reproduce-ability from their hosts to reproduce under/with them... what really dark and scary feeling/idea, or not? but also very cool...
much cooler as known before and much deadlier^^

EDIT: But the i dont understand why they call it a young queen and why they ave it the crown... it could be just an (pred)Alien that try to mreproduce on its own way like in Alien...

Accaris

Meh, that quote says nothing about how Predators reproduce.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: dDave on Nov 16, 2007, 07:27:26 PM
think of it, what do the alien in Alien? it (tryied) to rape Lambert... maybe in nearly the same way humen would do it...

With what? There's nothing at their crotch. :)

If it did something with the tail, then the Predalien should be doing stuff with its tail, too. Even if it would probably cleave someone in two with it, considering how they've redesigned the thing...

WisePredator

Way to ruin the Predator lifecycle. >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed