Marvel's Alien (Volume 2) - Alien: Icarus

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 20, 2022, 08:50:29 AM

Author
Marvel's Alien (Volume 2) - Alien: Icarus (Read 39,365 times)

TilotnyWorshiper28

Local Trouble

Corporal Hicks

It certainly looks like The Lady In The Dark. I was wondering if that was going to be something that got wrapped up when PKJ left the run.

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 02, 2023, 11:45:52 PM
Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Feb 02, 2023, 11:25:25 PMhttps://graphicpolicy.com/2023/02/02/exclusive-preview-alien-6/

Is that @SiL on the cover??
yep its the goddess/woman/One in the Dark.  who is probably a character named lee who is currently going through the different abomination stages of the icarus strain of the pathogen after being bit by a mutated fly that was mutated by that strain . 

judge death

I just hope that whole thing gets cancelled with the new arch coming up witha new writer, he better not jump the whole harbour like the previous writer.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Feb 03, 2023, 01:46:09 PM
Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Feb 02, 2023, 11:25:25 PMhttps://graphicpolicy.com/2023/02/02/exclusive-preview-alien-6/

yep its the goddess/woman/One in the Dark.  who is probably a character named lee who is currently going through the different abomination stages of the icarus strain of the pathogen after being bit by a mutated fly that was mutated by that strain . 

I'd like to see it tied up, and I kinda like the idea of the hive mind being timeless (was that something that Vol 1 teased? I can't recall.) but there's just something about it being this modern creature I don't think sounds too satisfying.

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 03, 2023, 10:43:35 PM
Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Feb 03, 2023, 01:46:09 PM

I'd like to see it tied up, and I kinda like the idea of the hive mind being timeless (was that something that Vol 1 teased? I can't recall.) but there's just something about it being this modern creature I don't think sounds too satisfying.

I think that was something that was teased . I wouldn't be surprised if Lee isn't the first Goddess and that there was previous ones at a earlier time but the Hivemind just blends them all together .

also Charles Soule did a Q&A on twitter https://twitter.com/CharlesSoule/status/1621921509265506305 He'd like to write some Alien

TilotnyWorshiper28

issue 6 is fine
Spoiler
but it doesn't give us any answers bout the goddess. Lee is still alive thou so maybe in the new run. I doubt it thou
[close]

judge death

Well thats a theme: that kennedy writer dont seem willing to wanna explain anything of what he added to the alien comics, why and how these new things work in the xenomorph biology etc.

Engineer

That's because PKJ is a shit writer who didn't know what he was doing with Alien in the first place

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Finished the last issue and the art on this one is insanely good!

Spoiler
The panels detailing the final fight with the queen were absolutely gorgeous! Story wise I enjoyed the Blade Runner-esque introspection coming from Freyja and Eli. I also liked seeing the infected Lee take out the General after he admitted that promising synth citizenship was nothing more than a false promise. I would've been interested in learning more about what became of the Lee-abomination but I also like that it's somewhat vague with another stunning panel showing her become one with the hive. The only thing that didn't get fully addressed was whether they helped humanity with the kid's DNA or if they just said f**k those humans lol
[close]

All in all I think I'd rate this arc 8/10. I've come to really enjoy the 6 issue arc format and while he missed the mark at times overall I think Phillip Kennedy Johnson did a solid job during the course of his 19 issues. With that being said I'm now really excited to see what the new creative team will bring!

Nelostic

Please show screenshot of final skin of species girl in the comix!

TilotnyWorshiper28

Nukiemorph

Honestly, I kind of enjoyed this arc. It was definitely better than the the first two.

Nelostic

Nelostic

Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.
[/spoiler]
Cool she like deacon
Or Elden from
Prometheus fire and stone
(Darkhorse)

i think she will mutate to alien
And to new alien queen. And after it to alien empress!

Now marvel alien is full ended!
They can make new ark or sequel!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed