AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2018, 12:03:56 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots! (Read 52,647 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Explain to me your scenario for X-COM: Predator, if you wouldn't mind.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 09, 2018, 12:01:27 AM
Explain to me your scenario for X-COM: Predator, if you wouldn't mind.

Well in the broad strokes, what we saw with OWLF was the precursor to that idea of humanity seeking to capture Predators and their technology to reverse engineer it. Stargazer seems to be playing with that notion further, which is a good thing.

My idea is basically just like in X-Com you'd have a group formulating strategies to counter Predator incursions to Earth. You could take it in a number of directions. Something like what Stargate did with the SG-1 team eventually becoming capable of standing toe-to-toe with the badguys, or you could have the Predators start hunting specifically for the OWLF guys and their hidden base.

You could have it take place across several movies. Have Dutch in an almost Ahab-meets-Obi-Wan like role to kick things off and show this anti-predator group coming to be, then have Predators learning about this new group, have some kind of a retaliation take place. It could go places. Not to mention, we know in the Predator universe there are other creatures like The River Ghost and "Shit you wouldn't believe." It could be open for a bigger mythos.

426Buddy

Im digging a lot of your ideas Openmaw

Danversity

First of all just let me praise y'all for the comments on Iron Man 3. Truer words have never been said.

Second, I'm also on board with those ideas, OpenMaw. This is all stuff that if handled correctly, it could take this franchise a big step further.

Now assuming The Predator is a success, would Shane return to helm the next one? Or maybe just write it? Who could take his place as director? One thing I've always dreamed was a Predator movie directed by James Cameron, but we all know that's never happening now...

whiterabbit

Iron man 3, hmm never watched that but if it is a story about a bat shit insane tony stark... I might have to give it a go.

If this is a success I don't see why they wouldn't go right back to Black. Still I hope this isn't a twist heavy movie. Also funnily enough they seem to have cut the kid out of the trailers. So I'm hoping for more of a macho man movie. Straight up people are just in the way until the script calls for one to save the day.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Tetsujin on Jul 08, 2018, 09:41:43 AM
Corporal Hicks, please, you can confirm that?!

I'm happy to give some over-view information like this article but I'm not spoiling every specific thing. As far as I'm aware the entire APC sequence is done. Whatever looks like is from that sequence that we've already seen, we might not be seeing in the final film.

Quote from: ace3g on Jul 08, 2018, 03:05:51 PM
When it comes to massive reshoots like this, I wish they would include both cuts on the blu-ray.

I hope we'll see something like that in the blu-ray too! Be really interesting to see the actual differences.

Xerxész

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 09, 2018, 08:49:21 AM
As far as I'm aware the entire APC sequence is done. Whatever looks like is from that sequence that we've already seen, we might not be seeing in the final film.

Same goes for the entire Area 52 scenes with the Military, right?

Corporal Hicks

I think that's been gone for a while. EJO hasn't been in any of the tests I've heard about.

Xerxész

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 09, 2018, 09:56:33 AM
I think that's been gone for a while. EJO hasn't been in any of the tests I've heard about.

Then I wonder how the story will unfold after
Spoiler
Fugitive dies and the Loonies escape with the Winnebago to the woods.
Is there any point in leaving the Ark in the film if the hybrids and the Military were totally cut out?
No hybrids, no Military, no need for Traeger to find the Ark...etc.
[close]

I have a bad feeling that after the latest edit the film got worse and less interesting...

Wysps

It makes me curious too, as it appears in the latter half of the movie we end up with mostly Upgrade himself. I wonder if they added in another Predator they're not telling us about - how else will they keep the runtime up with all that story they removed?

Xerxész

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 09, 2018, 11:36:36 AM
I wonder if they added in another Predator they're not telling us about - how else will they keep the runtime up with all that story they removed?

Yeah...Traeger, Casey, Rory, Quinn and the Loonies wondering in the forest and escaping from the Upgrade during approximately 50-60 minutes long would be boring and would be the same script as P1.

I would love to believe that there is an other Predator they (also Hicks and those who saw the screenings) keep in secret. Could be one of the Defectors in a brand new role...
Yeah...I would love to believe but I think that's NOT gonna happen. :(

OpenMaw

Where is anyone getting 50 minutes from? That action sequence with the APC and the scene with the Predators is maybe ten to twelve minutes total. That hurts the film in absolutely no way to just cut it out and change a couple scenes around. Leaner and meaner.

ViewerAnon

There's a decent stretch where everyone takes cover in a farmhouse before Traeger tracks them down.  Was that not in the pre-reshoot version?

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 09, 2018, 08:49:21 AMI'm happy to give some over-view information like this article but I'm not spoiling every specific thing. As far as I'm aware the entire APC sequence is done. Whatever looks like is from that sequence that we've already seen, we might not be seeing in the final film.

Thanks for the answer.   ;)

I think, too many scenes that we have seen in the trailers will not be in the final version. :(

Need to watch the final version of the film!  :)

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

If "THE-PREDATOR" is including references to ALIEN VS PREDATOR, namely Alexa's spear from AVP, then my interest in this movie has jumped 100%, cause this means we might get an ALIEN/S vs PREDATOR 3 movie set in the future or at least near future..

Since PREDATOR 2, I guess we can say the "ALIEN VS PREDATOR" story arc is a PREDATOR movie trope as it confirms the existence of  Xenomorphs within the cinematic canon universe of PREDATOR (hold your horses ALIEN purists).

Now I know that AVP is a contentious issue cause it does more than step on the toes of the "ALIEN-SAGA" continuity. It is also production design, tonality, science and mature sci-fi themes.

Well for me personally since ALIEN -COVENANT I accept the Prometheus and Covenant David story arc as an acceptable, prequel to the ALIEN-SAGA. But throw in a PREDATOR there? Nah doesn't work for me.

But in PREDATOR 2 and a possible "alternate" or (literal) "different part of Universe" in an ALIENS VS PREDATOR movie. Yes that could work.

But given studios are obsessed with "Universe" and what is an official "Canon" this subject could get messier.

Alternate PREDATOR 2 universe the PREDATORS have encountered Xenomorphs, lets make an AVP3 movie.

But when Paul W S Anderson included PREDATOR as part of the Weyland Yutani timeline people wanted an AVP divorce stating that set-up belongs in comics, novels and videogames only.
I think AVP might have been better received not only having been set in the future (of course). But maybe using a different space corporation so people could give or take AVP happening in a possible Weyland universe.

Agree?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed