Kyle Strauts Playing a Predator?

Started by Johnny Handsome, Feb 03, 2017, 09:44:31 PM

Author
Kyle Strauts Playing a Predator? (Read 6,205 times)

Keith

Keith

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 05, 2017, 03:55:29 PM
Quote from: Keith on Feb 05, 2017, 02:48:07 PM
I'm not talking about background Predators, I'm talking about the lead/main Predator.

There's nothing anywhere that says a lead Predator has to be seven feet tall.

Nothing except the canon established in the first 2 films and the 2 AVP films.

Besides, the Predator should actually look imposing.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I'm not talking about background Predators, I'm talking about the lead/main Predator.

Hell, they could change it up and give us a light and agile Predator ala the "Light Predator" seen in the AvP 2 game.

Light Predator was still the same height as the others. Different designs are great but the main aspects should be kept.
Predators are at least 7 seven feet tall. Maybe if it was a female... dont know.
They couldnt find 10 guys like that so thats why the preds in the Predator 2 ending were shorter.

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Keith on Feb 05, 2017, 09:09:32 PM

Nothing except the canon established in the first 2 films and the 2 AVP films.

You're borrowing from a very small population sample, there, bud. Do you know how much it takes to get an accurate average height statistic of a species/group?

Keith

Keith

small sample? 4 out of 5 Predator movies had 7 foot plus actors playing the lead Predator.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As has been said, multiple times - The Predator is evidently featuring several different Predators. There's nothing to say he's playing the lead and even if he is, 6"9 is still f**king tall. There's no need to get all wound up about it.

There's more to the series than just repeating everything. The last time you got a film that retread elements, everyone went up in arms about it.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Keith on Feb 06, 2017, 03:17:40 AM
small sample? 4 out of 5 Predator movies had 7 foot plus actors playing the lead Predator.
But 7 foot actors that can actually perform and are physically fit to hang inside a latex suit for 9+ hours a day don't grow on trees. A lot of tall guys are having problems with their backs and knees and there is actually just a handful of huge people that can peform to that demand.

He's tall enough and with the suit on he will be over 7 feet tall and that's good for a Predator. A lot of guys at the end of Predator 2 weren't even close to 7 feet, by the way.

They casted the guys playing the Preds in July/August, so they had quite some time to be well prepared.
Plus Ian Whyte is in the movie. He worked with ADI twice before, they still have body molds so they can save money why wouldn't they approach/recommend him?

The Wolverine Predator

Look what Ian had to say to my Tweet

Corporal Hicks

I asked him about it when we had that imitator show up on the board and silence.  :laugh: It'd be nice to know for sure. I'm sure it'd please a lot of people.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I want Ian in the film as well, he does great suit work and the fans love him. He deserves to be in a good predator film for a change as well.

Its not that he has to be in the film but I would be very happy if he is. Also I can't think of any good reasons not to cast him.

Corporal Hicks

I think Kyle is a safe bet. I commented on his Instagram last night asking if he was involved. My comment was deleted and I got a message saying NDA.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed