The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 115,905 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 14, 2018, 05:49:37 AM
Quote from: Tonkaman on May 14, 2018, 03:59:27 AM
OpenMaw-I can tell you are one of those obsessed but sadly deluded fans. No idea of what a good movie involves. I am glad you will likely be wrong. Good thing Shane Black does not listen to someone like you.

You're funny. You're funny, and you're wrong.  :D

Quote from: Huggs on May 14, 2018, 05:24:05 AM
Alien Resurrection/ The Predator = Odd director choice, comedic style, many creatures again, introduction of hybrid creatures.

Sad to say it but... I think you're absolutely right. More than you know.

Though, I will say this, I can tell this film will at least be more entertaining than Resurrection. It's still going to be goofy.

I think it will too. I never really thought about how closely these franchises are following each other, at least from a plot standpoint. The movies might be made at different times, but darned if they're not sharing basic experiences. Now that I think about it, Alien 3 and Predators even shared the dog creature idea, and both protagonists landed and woke up on unknown planets. And Resurrection/The Predator feature characters that uniquely understand certain details about the creatures (Ripley 8, Tremblay).

skull-splitter

Quote from: Kailem on May 14, 2018, 03:57:00 AM
I always heard that they wanted to go back in time and follow through on the implication of the flintlock pistol by having a movie set in the past where there were no modern-day weapons around to fight the Predators, but I don't know if that's actually legit or just a fan theory based on P2's ending and the opening of the original Robert Rodriguez Predator 3/Predators script.
Sounds an aweful lot like fan theory to me.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on May 12, 2018, 07:18:20 PM
Why didn't put from the Director of "The Nice Guys and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" in the trailer as well? I guess they think that people only watch superhero movies these days.

Honestly, I think it's just because it's Black highest banking movie and in general it's actually pretty well liked.

Quote from: ace3g on May 12, 2018, 09:19:40 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BinOUp8FdBy/?tagged=thepredator

:laugh: Ha! That's brilliant!

QuoteIn regards to the masks - Maybe the movie will explain why this clan of Predators use that style.

I don't see why they would. It's not like differing mask designs has ever been an issue with the other films. Nor is it here, really.

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 13, 2018, 08:39:20 AM
I can see why it's being called an event film. They're trying to steer the Predator franchise towards a larger scale block buster.

Which I think is fool hardy. Not every series is can, or should, be that.

I believe he also meant more in terms of being something people were excited to watch for ages, pre-ordering tickets, etc.

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 14, 2018, 02:23:33 AM
Were the Thomas brothers ever attached for a Predator 3? I'd be interested in reading their take on it.

I don't believe so. We've heard some alternate Predator 2 ideas from them but I can't recall them ever discussing a Predator 3.

Johnny Handsome

I don't know if it has been pointed out, but does Sterling K. Brown got a shoulder cannon in the trailer?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 14, 2018, 09:03:53 AMI don't see why they would. It's not like differing mask designs has ever been an issue with the other films. Nor is it here, really.

Yeah, I don't see why it needs explaining. Predators have always had different-styled masks.

Xerxész

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 14, 2018, 10:18:31 AM
I don't know if it has been pointed out, but does Sterling K. Brown got a shoulder cannon in the trailer?

Kinda...plasmacaster.
Here:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=59940.msg2288831#msg2288831

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Xerxész on May 14, 2018, 11:13:23 AM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 14, 2018, 10:18:31 AM

Kinda...plasmacaster.
Here:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=59940.msg2288831#msg2288831
Interesting, getting a concrete jungle vibe.

Original Predator

Quote from: ace3g on May 12, 2018, 09:19:40 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BinOUp8FdBy/?tagged=thepredator

In regards to the masks - Maybe the movie will explain why this clan of Predators use that style.

Honestly should've been that.

This trailer was even better.

huntin8-t0n

The trailer was kind of mediocre, I think. Nothing sepcial, nothing outstanding. But it was okay.

I've been thinking a lot though about the dna hacking stuff. Yea, nothing indicated it, of course, because it's a fresh idea. Also, nothing in cinematic predator experiance has contradicted it before. But the more I'm thinking about it (with a good impementation) the better I understand it.

It might just be a really great addition.

Or it just comes out as a total disaster (like in Predators comic) Only the finished product can prove its woth.

Original Predator

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 11, 2018, 04:10:08 PM
I think nooone can deny there is clearly AVP influences going on here , which would lead me to believe they are set within the time same universe as this film , can anyone answer my question , do you think there will be an alien connection? And if so how could they implement it ?

Perhaps this is why the breaks on alien awakening have been pulled ?  ???

All signs are sounding like they aren't going to be ignoring anything at this point. Pretty sure I read in one of the set visit articles that they will touch on things from AVP even.

Lionhart

The trailer was okej imo, but it would have looked thousand times better have avp avpr and predators never been made.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Original Predator on May 14, 2018, 06:21:24 PM
Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 11, 2018, 04:10:08 PM
I think nooone can deny there is clearly AVP influences going on here , which would lead me to believe they are set within the time same universe as this film , can anyone answer my question , do you think there will be an alien connection? And if so how could they implement it ?

Perhaps this is why the breaks on alien awakening have been pulled ?  ???

All signs are sounding like they aren't going to be ignoring anything at this point. Pretty sure I read in one of the set visit articles that they will touch on things from AVP even.

If anything this film recognize all films and all put them in seperate tribes.

Ultramorph

I see a reference to the Preds in the Antarctic being plausible.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 14, 2018, 08:44:12 PM
I see a reference to the Preds in the Antarctic being plausible.

Spoiler

There's only one direct reference to previous films.
[close]

Mr.Turok

A lot of people call it a trailer but its a teaser....but why call it a teaser trailer? It doesn't meet the list for a trailer so....ehhhh marketing makes mistakes I guess. Either way, can't wait to see a more complete form of a actual trailer that shows us something solid.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed