The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 115,906 times)

OpenMaw

Quote from: cheachea on May 13, 2018, 03:54:29 AM
If there is a Female Predator with boobs beating the crap out of regular Predators in some Forced SJW Feminism BS I'm going to just Walk Out and ask for my money back.

I think you'll be safe from that.

Quote from: bleau on May 13, 2018, 01:13:50 AM
The kid part was the big turn off. Him play landing the ship was dumb and he hit the blocks and the ship happens to hit a mountain,?  yeah idk about that. Seemed silly. Second half, looks decent. Its about what I actually expected. Action looks ok, Characters seemed likable and decent. Loving the new mask and look. I agree with another poster about this Pred maybe a Female? Hard to say, but the mask looks more feminine to me. the nose part by the eyes is more pointy instead of flat and big. It seems to have a lot of detail, like its hard to remember off a quick look especially around the eyes. Could be wrong about it being a female, but has a unique look imo.

Well, like others have said the kid doesn't actually crash the ship I don't think.

Scorpio

If there is a Female Predator with boobs beating the crap out of regular Predators in some Forced SJW Feminism BS I'm going to just Walk Out and ask for my money back.

That would be pretty funny actually.

happypred

"This is gonna be an EVENT film"

- Shane Black

By "event", Shane means a franchise requiem

skull-splitter

Quote from: happypred on May 13, 2018, 05:43:36 AM
"This is gonna be an EVENT film"

- Shane Black

By "event", Shane means a franchise requiem
Pretty sure he means it will be bigger than this mess of a trailer leads you to believe. And an amalgation of previous entries to bind them together.

That being said, it took me like five viewings to place shots from the trailer in a bigger frame. It really is underselling the film.

OpenMaw

I can see why it's being called an event film. They're trying to steer the Predator franchise towards a larger scale block buster.

Which I think is fool hardy. Not every series is can, or should, be that.

Tonkaman

Tonkaman

OpenMaw-"Fool Hardy"? But who are you to decide what is fool hardy or not? I'm sorry to say this, but I have read "ideas" for what the next predator film should include by some self-proclaimed "fans" and those who are must ridiculous, retarded and absurd plots I have ever heard. They probably are way worse than what Shane Black is offering.

skull-splitter

Ah, fan fiction heaven. Dutch and Harrigan going to Predator planet to kick their asses and stuff like that.

A no-go indeed.

OpenMaw

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 13, 2018, 04:03:23 PM
Ah, fan fiction heaven. Dutch and Harrigan going to Predator planet to kick their asses and stuff like that.

A no-go indeed.

Considering that was nearly an official sequel, well. Having Dutch on Predator-prime with Predators urinating near him and shit. Yeah.

Quote from: Tonkaman on May 13, 2018, 03:14:09 PM
OpenMaw-"Fool Hardy"? But who are you to decide what is fool hardy or not? I'm sorry to say this, but I have read "ideas" for what the next predator film should include by some self-proclaimed "fans" and those who are must ridiculous, retarded and absurd plots I have ever heard. They probably are way worse than what Shane Black is offering.

I am me, and I decide based on my opinion about the franchise that I have invested interest in since I was five years old.

None of what you said has any relation to what I said. I was talking specifically about the notion of trying to make Predator into an even bigger "event" film series. It was devised as a popcorn franchise. A glossier b-movie experience. The last thing I want to see is Predator turned into The Transformers or something like that.

I was not talking about specific content. I was talking about the bigger concept at work, and furthermore we already know there's some really super dumbass shit going into this movie. Like Predator spiders and DNA meddling and biggerer badderer predators. One of those things has already been tried in the series and bombed hard, and there is nothing in the trailer to indicate that this time will be any different.

VanXant

Quote from: Cooler on May 12, 2018, 05:16:23 AM
VanXant-You do realize you can't judge a movie based on its trailer? Just like you can't judge a book by its cover.

i can judge anything by what i see with my own eyes.

Wysps

Quote from: Scorpio on May 13, 2018, 05:12:40 AM

That would be pretty funny actually.

Well, seeing as how human DNA is being mixed with the Predators now, Predator boobies is not totally out of the question!  Oh the possibilities...what a time to be alive.

Scorpio

I don't know about you, but this is the movie I want to see:

This expanded to feature length.  When the predators first arrived on Earth.  Like a Prometheus style prequel, exploring the origins of the predators.

bleau

bleau

QuoteWell, like others have said the kid doesn't actually crash the ship I don't think.

I sure hope not. Like how did he get all the predator stuff .? Why is there a kid in the first place?

His opinion really upset you didn't it. Triggered much. :D

Hollywood

Quote from: bleau on May 13, 2018, 07:35:36 PM
I sure hope not. Like how did he get all the predator stuff .?

I'm pretty sure
Spoiler
his dad, Boyd Holbrook, encounters a predator while in combat, takes its technology and mails it home.
[close]

skull-splitter

Quote from: Scorpio on May 13, 2018, 07:05:17 PM

I don't know about you, but this is the movie I want to see:

This expanded to feature length.  When the predators first arrived on Earth.  Like a Prometheus style prequel, exploring the origins of the predators.
Eh, nope. I ignore this outside of AvP anyway.

And this alone proves that a filmmaker shouldn't try to fill all the cracks with his own version of the lore.

bleau

Quote from: Hollywood on May 13, 2018, 07:56:30 PM
Quote from: bleau on May 13, 2018, 07:35:36 PM
I sure hope not. Like how did he get all the predator stuff .?

I'm pretty sure
Spoiler
his dad, Boyd Holbrook, encounters a predator while in combat, takes its technology and mails it home.
[close]

Oh wow, thank you. I was literally trying to think of a scenario and I actually thought of that being a possibility. knowing that, it all makes sense now. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed