The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 115,831 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

I think nooone can deny there is clearly AVP influences going on here , which would lead me to believe they are set within the time same universe as this film , can anyone answer my question , do you think there will be an alien connection? And if so how could they implement it ?

Perhaps this is why the breaks on alien awakening have been pulled ?  ???

Cooler

Cooler

How many of the haters here (who so despised this trailer) have actually seen a Shane Black movie?

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

In 1:10 What he have on his right shoulder? Anyone answer pls.

MudButt

I disagree with the AVP-R vibes. I remember when that red-band trailer come out a lot of people on here were very stoked. Obviously it didn't turn out very well but I don't think this was a bad trailer footage wise. I didn't have a problem with any footage shown, it was how it was put together and how abrupt it ended.

It was a bad teaser. Did it TEASE the movie? Yes. But there was no added excitement to the movie at all from this teaser for myself. I love the director, writer, cinematographer, and the cast so it would be easy to assume we've got a good movie coming but I've seen recipes like this turn out bad before.. (Gangster Squad).

It's not fair to dismiss a movie completely because of a leaked script years ago that has been changed and seems like the majority haven't even read, and a bad teaser. It's a minute of footage for a most likely 100-120 minute movie. People have the right to be cautious or worried definitely based on heavily reported rumors, leaked set photos, and poorly cut teasers but you shouldn't automatically jump to the "I am not seeing this in theaters" wagon based off of what we have. I am excited and have faith, but I was definitely let down by this teaser.

I think after a full trailer we can judge the tone of the film more, not fully, because Shane Black probably doesn't have control over how the trailers are cut together. It's the marketing company hiring a company to cut a trailer based off footage they have available. Let's be fair everyone.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Hollywood on May 11, 2018, 04:06:34 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 11, 2018, 03:50:03 PM
Quote from: preddyuk on May 11, 2018, 03:37:45 PM
When there's an explosion in front of the boyd holbrook character it's the predator jumping up from under the swamp..

Watch it over and you'll see what i mean.

God damn it you are right !!! But it's hard to tell what it is... A pred or a soldier, i don't know...

All I see is this soldier guy  :-\

Yeah i was hesitating between a pred and a soldier, seems to totally be the latter   :laugh:

And it seems it doesn't end up well for him  ;D

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Cooler on May 11, 2018, 04:29:12 PM
How many of the haters here (who so despised this trailer) have actually seen a Shane Black movie?
EXACTLY!!!!!

Xerxész

It seems that the Captured has a regular plasmacaster...

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Xerxész - Regular? Maybe by its look, but its on his right shoulder, normally its on left shoulder. Rather tell what is on 1:10, he has sometging nasty on his right shoulder, it has green light. Look at that closely.

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah i saw some people on youtube saying this is probably one of the two defectors pred, but i'm sticking with him being the captured one.

yautjapet

Quote from: germanator2 on May 11, 2018, 04:04:17 PM
I mean, my initial thoughts are that there is definitely an AVP vibe to it. Looks like it'll definitely be bloody as with the shot of the soldier getting his neck sliced open. I think my biggest gripe is that it looks too "clean" though. And because of that, the costumes feel a little cosplay-ey, especially that last shot. The original Predator was dirty and grimy and felt real.

I agree that I don't dig the more sleek, modernistic look to the armor and loincloth. I'm missing the raw, organic "tribal" feel. I always liked the contrast of that with the advanced weaponry and ships.

Biomechanoid

"If this is a consular ship...where is the Ambassador?" . . . . ;)

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Petr Švancara on May 11, 2018, 05:51:58 PM
Rather tell what is on 1:10, he has sometging nasty on his right shoulder, it has green light. Look at that closely.

I haven't even noticed that until you said it...  :o
Here...

Humans using Predator weapons, Predators using human weapons... Umm...I don't know...
Anyway, I think it's a humanly-modified plasmacaster.

Valaquen

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 11, 2018, 03:05:37 PM
I agree but y'know, some people here will keep saying they hate it because... Well... They are kids, duh ! They have no place in a predator movie gna gna gna  :laugh:

They worked (though of course not everyone was happy) in T2 and Aliens. And Shane's own The Nice Guys. I'm not really concerned.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Xerxész - No offense, nothing against you, I dont want to insult anyone, but where do you looking people? 1:46 Skinned body on upper left corner. 1:10 Part of alien piece or weapon on his shoulder. 1:27 Alien creatures, limbs everywhere. And I think, the classic Predator helmet is actualu that one from P1, maybe found in the jungle.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Xerxész on May 11, 2018, 05:47:35 PM
It seems that the Captured has a regular plasmacaster...

Damn good eye man

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed