A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered?

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Jul 03, 2018, 11:31:07 PM

Author
A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered? (Read 49,465 times)

Chigkiller

I wonder if it will go down the route of the colonial marines corps post LV426, poss even the earth war or genocide comics (expanded of course)!

Hope it does get made, just reticent to believe in fox's continued commitment

Kimo

Would love to see a show mostly based on Weyland Yutani set in the near future, were we see all sorts of shady shit going on within this company, between good and bad people who work for Weyland yutani. Set it before and after the events of Prometheus, Alien, Aliens and A3. However make the Xeno a mythical creature in this universe, were some people high up in the company don't believe it exist but some do. Also make the case of the Nostromo a mayjor conspiracy theory were some believe it was an insurance job, but some believe it was far more sinister why that ship went missing. Basically make the show based on the weapons division, trying to chase this mystical creature... Remember the early seasons of the X Files were Mulder and Scully get soo close to proving the Greys exist? However they are either just too late or a few steps behind? Well I would like to see something similar within the Alien universe but with Weyland Yutani.

LiquidMonster

Again, unless Disney has agreed to make everything Fox had planned for their franchises(which is very hard to believe at this point) Fox is effectively done with movies. It's sold to Disney.

No offense to anyone but not entirely sure why this is even being talked about like Fox is still calling the shots here?!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Anything currently in production at Fox will likely continue to be in production at Fox. It's not like they are going to pull the plug on everything they are currently busy with just because it's under new ownership.

Quote from: SM on Jul 04, 2018, 08:39:47 PM
Quote from: Helmet on Jul 04, 2018, 08:19:22 PM
Well excuse me all the hell but didn't Fox technically announce the green light of the direct sequel to Aliens ? and we all know how that ended up. At this point this will possible become exclusive to Disney's planned steaming service, and Disney have a time table of pulling all the content of Netflex . 

I don't think Fox technically did.

Fox never said a word publicly. They did however confirm directly to the media that Blomkamp was indeed working on a new Alien film for them after he announced it from his (then) unverified twitter account.

Huggs

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 04, 2018, 09:17:19 PM
Anything currently in production at Fox will likely continue to be in production at Fox. It's not like they are going to pull the plug on everything they are currently busy with just because it's under new ownership.

Quote from: SM on Jul 04, 2018, 08:39:47 PM
Quote from: Helmet on Jul 04, 2018, 08:19:22 PM
Well excuse me all the hell but didn't Fox technically announce the green light of the direct sequel to Aliens ? and we all know how that ended up. At this point this will possible become exclusive to Disney's planned steaming service, and Disney have a time table of pulling all the content of Netflex . 

I don't think Fox technically did.

Fox never said a word publicly. They did however confirm directly to the media that Blomkamp was indeed working on a new Alien film for them after he announced it from his (then) unverified twitter account.

Is Neill's film dead, as far as we know? Or just shelved and waiting for Disney?

426Buddy

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Jul 04, 2018, 09:06:02 PM
Again, unless Disney has agreed to make everything Fox had planned for their franchises(which is very hard to believe at this point) Fox is effectively done with movies. It's sold to Disney.

No offense to anyone but not entirely sure why this is even being talked about like Fox is still calling the shots here?!

How much understanding of how these deals work do you have?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 04, 2018, 09:23:36 PM
Is Neill's film dead, as far as we know? Or just shelved and waiting for Disney?

Neill said it's definitely dead. Scott said as much too.

But ultimately it's up to Fox/Disney.

Mr. Clemens

I'm anticipating an animated webseries, a la Genndy Tartakovsky's original Clone Wars. Something cheap, to test the waters...

whiterabbit

An animated alien series would be awesome.

If it monies, we can milk it.

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 04, 2018, 09:46:51 PM
If it monies, we can milk it.

I see what you did there  ;)

LiquidMonster

426 Buddy-Enough to know that any "rumored" films or "television" series from Fox at this point are blatantly FALSE. They are in no position to be announcing anything when they've agreed to sell *almost* the entire company to Disney(sans I believe the news channel(s) that Fox will keep and still run under the Fox banner). Fox isn't going away but they're simply selling off almost their entire company.

No offense man but seriously, why would you think Fox can still actively announce plans for television or movies?

The *ONLY* thing that wouldn't be touched are the now filming Avatar sequels by James Cameron. Disney now owns those but they'd be nuts to shut that production down. Right?

426Buddy

FenGiddel

<Flies Eaglemoss Nostromo around room, thinking hopeful thoughts about this...>

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

I think it's a good idea to let people know you already heard news of this a while ago, and it will clear the air of this rumour type news we have been experiencing as of late.

I am already asking Chris (Omega Underground) the specifics of how and when he came across the information and is it when the people in the know got that information too.

Does Fox usually disseminate information to get fan reaction on potential projects?

The Old One

The Old One

Not as far as I know, Deadpool would be an exception.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed