A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered?

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Jul 03, 2018, 11:31:07 PM

Author
A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered? (Read 50,040 times)

Huggs

An Alien series sounds great. But for somebody like me with download limits and terrible internet, I'd rather it be something aired on television. If nothing else, if Fox would guarantee a Blu-ray release. Every Alien fan should be able to enjoy it. I hope they don't forget those of us who live in the backwoods.

Valaquen

I think The Expanse really cornered what I wanted to see from the Alien prequels. Whatever they do with this... I mean, I've wanted it for a long time, so go for it.

Hedlb3

Hey Fox! Please no make Alien stupid tv series!Go make Alien covenant sequel,BIG SCREEN so much better idea!!! Alien prequel trilogy!  :o

acrediblesource

Long awaited, if done with a serious tone and very little alien to boot. Essentially it could be like a True Detective but in science fiction under the guise of geekhood like that of Treckie fandomonium. It is a winning combo!

Long awaited, if done with a serious tone and very little alien to boot. Essentially it could be like a True Detective but in science fiction under the guise of geekhood like that of Treckie fandomonium. It is a winning combo!

LiquidMonster

All of this is for naught as Disney now owns Fox(already agreed to by handshake and a celebratory dinner between Fox and Disney execs recently and also cleared by United States Court system https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/27/us-set-to-give-antitrust-approval-for-disney-fox-deal.html

Comcast is done and doesn't have a dog in this fight any longer. They *could* conceivably make a bigger offer but the revised Disney deal has again, already been agreed to in principal by Fox.

Fox at this point doesn't have any say in the matter for developing any of their properties now that they've agreed to the revised Disney bid of 71.3 billion U.S.

No say in Predator, Alien, Avatar and ANY of the film franchises, characters, etc that Fox owned(that Disney now does).

Bring on Ripley, Hicks, Newt and Bishop for one last "passing of the torch from Ripley to Hicks and Newt) via the Neill Blomkamp film. Come at me bros!  ;D

With nothing but respect and kindness, I ask that Sir Ridley Scott go with Fox and let "his baby go" to Disney where they will hopefully let Neill do his film.

Face facts folks. The proposed Blomkamp Alien film got Alien fans talking WORLDWIDE, had the support of Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn(who both stated they were ready to reprise their roles) as well as Lance Henrikson hinting that he could conceivably come back as an "aged" Bishop as his model is designed to grow older with his "team" ie: Ripley and Hicks as to not make them feel "uncomfortable". It was a brilliant explanation of how Bishop could be brought back with Lance playing him as an "older" model.

This WORLDWIDE excitement is what Sir Ridley used to justify Alien: Covenant to Fox and effectively "back stab" Neill.

Also, James Cameron praised Neill's script saying basically it could be filmed right away and that it was "gangbusters"

"Cameron has, however, been privy to Neill Blomkamp's script for a hypothetical Aliens sequel, which would ignore and replace the events of Alien 3, and he approves. Strongly. "I think it works gangbusters. He shared it with me, and I think it's a very strong script and he could go make it tomorrow." https://io9.gizmodo.com/james-cameron-thinks-neill-blomkamps-aliens-sequel-scri-1784210612

So in closing, hopefully Disney will rightfully establish Ripley and Newt as their new "Princesses" and allow Neill to film his script.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Jul 04, 2018, 07:34:51 PM

This post legitimately made me retch.
Gross, awful, I'd lose my left hand to make sure that garbage never happened.

426Buddy

Yeah... no thanks on the return of dead characters.

Also i would imagine its business at usual at fox until the paperwork is done.

Rankles75

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Jul 04, 2018, 07:34:51 PM
All of this is for naught as Disney now owns Fox(already agreed to by handshake and a celebratory dinner between Fox and Disney execs recently and also cleared by United States Court system https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/27/us-set-to-give-antitrust-approval-for-disney-fox-deal.html

Comcast is done and doesn't have a dog in this fight any longer. They *could* conceivably make a bigger offer but the revised Disney deal has again, already been agreed to in principal by Fox.

Fox at this point doesn't have any say in the matter for developing any of their properties now that they've agreed to the revised Disney bid of 71.3 billion U.S.

No say in Predator, Alien, Avatar and ANY of the film franchises, characters, etc that Fox owned(that Disney now does).

Bring on Ripley, Hicks, Newt and Bishop for one last "passing of the torch from Ripley to Hicks and Newt) via the Neill Blomkamp film. Come at me bros!  ;D

With nothing but respect and kindness, I ask that Sir Ridley Scott go with Fox and let "his baby go" to Disney where they will hopefully let Neill do his film.

Face facts folks. The proposed Blomkamp Alien film got Alien fans talking WORLDWIDE, had the support of Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn(who both stated they were ready to reprise their roles) as well as Lance Henrikson hinting that he could conceivably come back as an "aged" Bishop as his model is designed to grow older with his "team" ie: Ripley and Hicks as to not make them feel "uncomfortable". It was a brilliant explanation of how Bishop could be brought back with Lance playing him as an "older" model.

This WORLDWIDE excitement is what Sir Ridley used to justify Alien: Covenant to Fox and effectively "back stab" Neill.

Also, James Cameron praised Neill's script saying basically it could be filmed right away and that it was "gangbusters"

"Cameron has, however, been privy to Neill Blomkamp's script for a hypothetical Aliens sequel, which would ignore and replace the events of Alien 3, and he approves. Strongly. "I think it works gangbusters. He shared it with me, and I think it's a very strong script and he could go make it tomorrow." https://io9.gizmodo.com/james-cameron-thinks-neill-blomkamps-aliens-sequel-scri-1784210612

So in closing, hopefully Disney will rightfully establish Ripley and Newt as their new "Princesses" and allow Neill to film his script.

Amen to that! :)

awalsh74

Hadleys hope series please....thats NOT based on River of Pain as that was a pile of shit

Rankles75

Hopefully, this is the long awaited Simpsons and Lydecker show... :)

426Buddy

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jul 04, 2018, 07:59:53 PM
Hopefully, this is the long awaited Simpsons and Lydecker show... :)

Would be amazing

Helmet

Well excuse me all the hell but didn't Fox technically announce the green light of the direct sequel to Aliens ? and we all know how that ended up. At this point this will possible become exclusive to Disney's planned steaming service, and Disney have a time table of pulling all the content of Netflex . 

LiquidMonster

LiquidMonster

Old One and 426 we can agree to disagree.  :)

Rankles-thank you! I really feel there are "a lot" of closet Blomkamp/Ripley/Hicks/Newt fans and simply don't post because they get piled on.

I can't stand the direction the films took after ALIENS and despise Alien 3 and Resurrection. Doesn't mean I will crap on anyone who likes those films. Different strokes for different folks.

Helmet-Fox did indeed and at least in the case of Alien 3, it's already been well established by many people, including the amazing David Fincher that it was an absolute nightmare production, the script was in a constant state of flux even while filming.

Quote"Ridley asked how it was going and I said 'Really bad' and he said, 'It never goes well, this is not the way to make movies, make sure you make a little film where you have some control while they're beating you up.' And all he did was tell me he still hasn't seen a dime from the first Alien. I don't think they ever used it in the documentary!"
https://mossfilm.wordpress.com/2012/10/13/alien-3-fincher-talks/

SM

Quote from: Helmet on Jul 04, 2018, 08:19:22 PM
Well excuse me all the hell but didn't Fox technically announce the green light of the direct sequel to Aliens ? and we all know how that ended up. At this point this will possible become exclusive to Disney's planned steaming service, and Disney have a time table of pulling all the content of Netflex . 

I don't think Fox technically did.

What are you basing this on?

(That was rhetorical)

Joe Beer

I am Sure my friend Terry English will be pleased..
He designed and made all the original Armour for the Marines in Aliens..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed