Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 691,495 times)

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Not mad on Strategy games, but it might be good.

vIM

vIM

I honestly and simply cant stand it.

Why? Becasue of its fan base... I have never seen such a load of violet, agressive and downright f**kwitted lot.

Not all people are of course, but the general consencus.. (sp...?)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah. I don't tend to talk on Live because of all the violent kiddys swearing their cute little mouths off  :-X

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Ignore the fanbase and its still a great game.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

God damn squeakers, (teenagers who swear and cuss, but they squeak because they are going through puberty)

Be like me, and turn voice completely off.  Be a voiceless juggernaut in the game.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

At first when the previews for the first game came out i hated it, i don't know why, three years later my brother finally rents it, then i play it and i become hooked on it, i p[layed halo 2 online, and i even got goosebumps jsut by watching the trailer for halo 3

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

It does look damn good.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What are your Gamertags? We should play sometime. I haven't played Live in a while, though. I bet I'm shocking.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Don't have Live.

DB

DB

I like Halo, but the turns the second game made story wise has made me lose quite some interest. If it weren't for the fact that my brother will get Halo 3 no matter what, I wouldn't really be caring that much for it, aside from the multiplayer gameplay.

Here's hoping to being able to play as an Elite without it being considered a disadvantage! ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What things are you talking about specifically? The story changes.

DB

DB

Namely, the portrayal of the Covenant. I used to think of them (since I had never read any Halo novels) as a utopian society that humans could never form. So many different races, united by one ideal. In Halo 2, the Covenant are human beings with different physiques. They speak english better than most people I know. As I learned of the Covenant, they became all too familiar. They became boring. They were not either an alien group to admire, or to fear. I'm also rather dulled at the campaign. Switching from the Arbiter to the Chief and back made me lose interest in either and playing from the perspective of the Covenant made me, again, become too familiarized with them.

In the first game, I disliked the Flood. In Halo 2, I'm introduced to the Gravemind and I feel like I'm being laughed at. Why is this piece of vomit here? :-\

The only aspect I didn't like in Halo 1 was the religious reasons for their assault, I would have much rather have had them consider humans for the Covenant, but them disdain us as beings incapable of holding such a position and not only that, but as an overpopulated race that threatened the balance of a galactic ecosystem. So, they decide to pwn us. In Halo 2, their religion is given even more emphasis.

I'm certain I'm forgetting a few things, but I suppose that mild explanation can do for now.

As another minor nitpick, however, the Jackal snipers in Legendary are ridiculous. >:(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I must admit, I hated the Arbiter campaign of Halo2. But only because it made no difference in the gameplay.

As for the language thing. I'd think it was just their speach being translated for our benefit.

DB

DB

Oh, yeah, I recognize that in cinematics they made them speak English for that purpose. It's just that when in game the Elites seem to speak English too much and for too well.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I'm planning on renewing my account by the time halo 3 comes around, my account name is the same as the one i use here

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed