Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 306,278 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on Jan 27, 2022, 02:49:22 PM
Me neither, that was a good one  :D  I'm filing it away.

My problem is too many filed!  :laugh:

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I think people are missing a key hint here, both stories include the theme of family.

Kratos and Atreus family struggle of father and son trying to connect to each other while clearly showing they care about each other. In Prey, we are told that Naru and her brother's family struggle of trying to reconnect from a broken connection as her brother believes he no longer needs her and tries to go on his own way. Both stories touch on the theme of family issues creating tension due to each character's own struggles and reasons.

I don't see the Predator having any hand of teaching of anything, but rather like how Balder kept hunting Kratos and Atreus throughout the story, the Predator might do the same for Naru and her brother.

SiL

SiL

Shhh, that sounds reasonable and doesn't fit people wildly speculating increasingly unlikely scenarios.

Kradan

Kradan

Hey, isn't that what speculating is for though ?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 28, 2022, 09:15:59 AM

Of course! But some need to feel superior!

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jan 28, 2022, 06:05:29 AM
I think people are missing a key hint here, both stories include the theme of family.

Kratos and Atreus family struggle of father and son trying to connect to each other while clearly showing they care about each other. In Prey, we are told that Naru and her brother's family struggle of trying to reconnect from a broken connection as her brother believes he no longer needs her and tries to go on his own way. Both stories touch on the theme of family issues creating tension due to each character's own struggles and reasons.

I don't see the Predator having any hand of teaching of anything, but rather like how Balder kept hunting Kratos and Atreus throughout the story, the Predator might do the same for Naru and her brother.

Could be! Where did you get this though:

QuoteIn Prey, we are told that Naru and her brother's family struggle of trying to reconnect from a broken connection as her brother believes he no longer needs her and tries to go on his own way.

Did you get this from the end of the "Taabe" Casting Call?

TAABE Male; 17 years old (seeking 18 to play younger); Comanche. Taabe's name means "Sun", like the star in the sky – which lets you know the tribe's expectations for him – he is being groomed to be a Chief one day. Having relied on the council of his older sister, Kee, his "Patsi" for his entire life. Taabe has just had a taste of success in one of his first big hunts. As he is coming of age and fresh off of his first triumph, he feels that he's now a leader/in charge and no longer needs Kee – which causes the first rift in their very close relationship.

If so, it's hard to tell if that piece of casting call character background is the theme, crux or heart of Prey versus a minor plot point. Perhaps. It would be very cool if it is. Guess we'll see!

Here's the production synopsis again:

"The story will follow Kee, a Comanche woman who goes against gender norms and traditions to become a warrior. Many years ago – in a time before any Europeans had ever encroached on their lands – the Comanche people had a well defined society and gender norms.  Kee is very close to her younger brother, Taabe, who is being groomed as a leader.  As capable as any young man in the tribe, Kee has always been a teacher and source of inspiration for Taabe.  In the Comanche way – she is Patsi – the elder sister that has helped to shape him.  Kee is a truth teller and has insight that others do not.  A tomboy, she wants to prove herself in the masculine world of the Comanche.  When danger threatens them all – Kee sets out to prove that she is as capable as any young warrior

Or course, the God Of War influence could be as simple as how it's filmed, or Kratos and the style in which the Predator fights is similar. I'm thinking once the trailer drops we'll know a lot. I wish that wasn't the case. I'd certainly love a minimal trailer, but alas we don't see many of those these days.

We need to know how the Bear/The Revenant factors in here exactly. I bet if we know that, things will start falling into place I think!

#TEAMSASQUATCH

SiL

SiL

Sure, but it also pays to read the room and understand that sometimes people will start to formulate opinions when the speculation is allowed to spiral out of control. They start hating the idea of the film for something that's not confirmed - or they get their hopes up over nothing. Happens all the time.

overthere

overthere

The protagonist has trouble getting accepted as a hunter, Predator pretends to be dead, she impresses everyone, Predator jumps up and kills everyone but her.

My speculation.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 28, 2022, 12:12:06 PM

I could be misreading this but just to put this down into the dirt anyway, please don't get like this. I bring some grounded speculation based on what we have so far from previous sources and you gotta mald about it. Yes I used the casting call info and synopsis from before because at least that is some form of grounded evidence that I can use to draw conclusions from. I don't know how anyone else is getting the idea of the Predator training Naru or anything like it as none of the previous leaks hinted to this and the God of War tweek is very vague about its influence on the film, I'm going with the most likely scenario

Stitch

Stitch

God of War is one continuous take.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jan 28, 2022, 07:00:43 PM

I could be misreading this but just to put this down into the dirt anyway, please don't get like this.
Don't worry, I believe that lovely passive aggressive comment was aimed at me.

I mean, he still shouldn't get like this, but it wasn't something you said.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Stitch on Jan 28, 2022, 08:03:03 PM

I thought GoW was about an Engineer hacking monsters with giant blades

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: SiL on Jan 28, 2022, 08:11:01 PM

I could be misreading this but just to put this down into the dirt anyway, please don't get like this.
Don't worry, I believe that lovely passive aggressive comment was aimed at me.

I mean, he still shouldn't get like this, but it wasn't something you said.

Well its one thing if its passed to me, but yeah its another just not to be like this in general. People can speculate all they want but there is always going to be speculations people will scratch their heads at and address this. Its why we're talking about it right now.

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 28, 2022, 08:43:17 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Jan 28, 2022, 08:03:03 PM

I thought GoW was about an Engineer hacking monsters with giant blades

I mean....you're not even wrong  :D Ahhhh I miss Dead Space, shame a fourth will never come to pass.

SiL

SiL

At least there's the remake to look forward to.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I could be misreading this but just to put this down into the dirt anyway, please don't get like this. I bring some grounded speculation based on what we have so far from previous sources and you gotta mald about it. Yes I used the casting call info and synopsis from before because at least that is some form of grounded evidence that I can use to draw conclusions from. I don't know how anyone else is getting the idea of the Predator training Naru or anything like it as none of the previous leaks hinted to this and the God of War tweek is very vague about its influence on the film, I'm going with the most likely scenario

The need to feel superior comment was towards the pompous quote Kradan was responding to:

Quote from: SiL on Jan 28, 2022, 06:15:25 AM
Shhh, that sounds reasonable and doesn't fit people wildly speculating increasingly unlikely scenarios.

If you read my reply to YOU, I said things like "Guess we'll see!" and "Perhaps. It would be very cool if it is." And a genuine trying to understand where you assessed the film's theme.

Sorry for the confusion!

Enjoy

Enjoy

That would be fantastic if this has the lost tribe from predator 2

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed