AVP the Original Comic Series 30th Anniversary

Started by Engineer, Aug 24, 2019, 02:57:39 PM

Author
AVP the Original Comic Series 30th Anniversary (Read 24,386 times)

Katanu

I was wondering that because Amazon has some page previews, and one of them is from War, guess it's a mistake then.

Corporal Hicks

It certainly could be the original and War. All the others have collected more pages worth than just a single 4 issue run.

Nostromo

The Old One

The Old One

Huh? It's a long time coming.

Corporal Hicks

Pulled forward to April, just before Alien Day.

QuoteAliens Vs Predator: 30th Anniversary—The Original Comics Series HC
Randy Stradley (W), Phill Norwood (A), and Chris Warner (A/Cover)
On sale Apr 22
FC, 192 pages
$44.99
HC, 8" x 12"

Throughout history, the screen's mightiest monsters have clashed: in the 1940s it was Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman, in the '60s it was King Kong vs. Godzilla, and in the '90s it was Aliens vs. Predator! Fourteen years before the Aliens and the Predators met on film, they collided in the pages of a comic book. Now, on the thirtieth anniversary of that battle, the original comics stories are collected in one massive volume!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11/20/bang-blackwood-bprd-dark-horse-comics-february-2020-solicits/

The Old One

The Old One

Yes!!! I can't wait.

Russ840

I am really hoping that it's just the 4 core issues of the original AVP plus the three prologue pieces and epilogue piece from Dark Horse Presents.

Then a shed load of bonus behind the scenes material  :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

I'm with you on that one.

Russ840

I am still annoyed that they went with the 'VS' instead of the original 'Versus' in the title.

HuDaFuK

Originally it was "vs."

It was changed to "versus" for a reprint in the 90s. Then it went back to the short version.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 26, 2019, 06:03:19 PM
Originally it was "vs."

https://d2lzb5v10mb0lj.cloudfront.net/covers/300/a/avp1.jpg

It was changed to "versus" for a reprint in the 90s. Then it went back to the short version.

I never knew that.  I'll shut the F up lol.

I even had the original issues years back.

The Old One

The Old One

I'd also love to see it in more serious tones.

426Buddy

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 27, 2019, 01:42:02 AM

It would be a dream come true to get it recolored again.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 27, 2019, 01:42:02 AM

I'd also love a modern recolouring. Give me tones to match the palette of Aliens.

I doubt it's getting recoloured though as that would be in the solicit as a selling point. Could be wrong.

Given the choice of the two options for colouring we have, I hope we get the originals. And hope the DHP's prologues are black and white as they were.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ840 on Nov 26, 2019, 09:19:44 PMI never knew that.  I'll shut the F up lol.

:)

They've fiddled with the name of the comic franchise a few times. They started out using vs., then it went to versus, on a few series it was even simply Aliens/Predator, now we're back to vs. again. Practically everything has been standardised to Aliens vs. Predator since the digital re-releases, the only things still using weird permutations are the crossover comics that have never been collected anywhere.

Quote from: Russ840 on Nov 27, 2019, 08:36:14 AMI doubt it's getting recoloured though as that would be in the solicit as a selling point. Could be wrong.

Plus the whole point of these recent fancy hardcovers is that they're the original series, like how we got Outbreak in black and white with Hix n' Noot. Recolouring it wouldn't be original :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed