Blomkamp Shares Newt Concept Art from Alien 5!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2016, 05:41:01 AM

Author
Blomkamp Shares Newt Concept Art from Alien 5! (Read 31,033 times)

Perfect-Organism

Guys, we're getting Alien films from both ends.  There could be a half dozen new films if things go as planned.  How is that not epic??  It's truly a day to celebrate.  I can't wait to see all the films get turned into reality!

426Buddy

Quote from: Infected on Apr 26, 2016, 07:59:27 PM
Quote from: _kemosh_ on Apr 26, 2016, 06:26:29 PM
Agree with LordCassusSnow.

This right here -
"People hate Alien 3 because their favorite characters died horrifically during the beginning. I love it for just that, the message. The message that the beast will always win and that there are no happy endings in this cold dark universe."

Amen.
Speak for yourself and your Lord, mate.

I didnt like Alien 3 cos it was just a poor in every way.
Even Fincher is flabbergasted that there are people out there who like it ;)

That is certainly untrue, there are many things about Alien3 that are not poor. The soundtrack, acting, cinemtography, and alien design just to name a few.

Spooky799kil

I think they should continue the movies only if they get a competent person to write and direct. Having a different person is going to end up like Alien 3 and Resurrection with tone changing each film and directors putting their own input in what the series should be. Honestly if Blomkamp film is a success I really hope FOX doesn't go crazy with it. As we all know FOX is what ruined the franchise with their horrible practices. They became the Real Weyland-Yutani in a way.

And for the love god please don't let Fox think of making another AVP film reboot or sequel. I know everyone here don't share the same opinion with me but AVP film is doomed to fail and just insult the franchise even more. Sorry guys but its the truth.

Beatnation

Beatnation

What a load of BS Bloomhack it'ts spitting right now?? Just because it works (concept art support) the first time doesn't mean it gonna work a second time Neil, this ain't gonna happen and you know it, GET OVER IT.

Rankles75

Quote from: 420Buddy on Apr 26, 2016, 08:52:26 PM
Quote from: Infected on Apr 26, 2016, 07:59:27 PM
Quote from: _kemosh_ on Apr 26, 2016, 06:26:29 PM
Agree with LordCassusSnow.

This right here -
"People hate Alien 3 because their favorite characters died horrifically during the beginning. I love it for just that, the message. The message that the beast will always win and that there are no happy endings in this cold dark universe."

Amen.
Speak for yourself and your Lord, mate.

I didnt like Alien 3 cos it was just a poor in every way.
Even Fincher is flabbergasted that there are people out there who like it ;)

That is certainly untrue, there are many things about Alien3 that are not poor. The soundtrack, acting, cinemtography, and alien design just to name a few.

Yeah, great acting. A bunch of instantly forgettable characters running around, saying "f**k" a lot... :)

Other than obviously Ripley, Dillon and Clemens were okay, but that's about it...

426Buddy

Not oscar worthy maybe but none of them were bad. I think Morse, 85, Andrews,  Dillon, Clemens, and especially Ripley were great. I also thought Postlethwaite's character and Golic were good for small otherwise throwaway parts

proto leech

We dont need this. If you really have to, i can do with retconning resurrection, have WY find the derelict after ripleys suicide and we can get a whole new mythos with future alien/human conflicts and keep the familiar things present, but undoing a3 is the wrong thing to do. Let ripleys story end. Lets focus on someone new.

whiterabbit

Oh I can see what's happening here, all you ungrateful geezers want to have a hot sexy young actress play the role of Newt. Well I for one wouldn't mind the real deal Carrie Henn squeezing off a few thousand rounds from a M-41A pulse rifle into acidy xenomorph ass. You perverts should be ashamed of yourselves.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 27, 2016, 04:42:36 AM
Oh I can see what's happening here, all you ungrateful geezers want to have a hot sexy young actress play the role of Newt. Well I for one wouldn't mind the real deal Carrie Henn squeezing off a few thousand rounds from a M-41A pulse rifle into acidy xenomorph ass. You perverts should be ashamed of yourselves.

Agreed lol!  That one sketch with Henn carries so much gravitas.  We need this.

Quote from: King geedorah on Apr 27, 2016, 04:04:32 AM
We dont need this. If you really have to, i can do with retconning resurrection, have WY find the derelict after ripleys suicide and we can get a whole new mythos with future alien/human conflicts and keep the familiar things present, but undoing a3 is the wrong thing to do. Let ripleys story end. Lets focus on someone new.

Yes, we do need this.  We've had 3 attempts to bring in a new strong female lead for Alien films after Ripley and while some films were better than others, the female leads were meh.  The problem is that Ripley's death in Alien 3 accomplished nothing.  They still found a way to get the xenomorphs, and if the new Rage War series is treated as canon, then earth has more Aliens coming anyway, so where did the sacrifice take the story?  It's much better to have the original Ripley in the film, and to allow her to pass the torch to Newt.

It's a film that can easily go the wrong way.  That is granted, but it is worth a try.  If not now, then the actors will get too old and pass away eventually, and we'll never know what a great Aliens film we could have had.  Give it a chance I say.

Primordial

Don't know the chances for her coming back but I'm for Carrie Henn too. She seems such a nice person in real life that if she manages to be as strong, determined on screen, as the concept art suggest, then that would be great :)

Corporal Hicks

Whilst I love Alien 3, it had far more problems than simply killing Hix and Noot! However it's gained quite a following, especially after the Assembly Cut. I think the real crux of it is going to be whether Covenant bombs and if Alien 3.2 is actually better than 3.

Quote from: Primordial on Apr 27, 2016, 05:46:36 AM
Don't know the chances for her coming back but I'm for Carrie Henn too. She seems such a nice person in real life that if she manages to be as strong, determined on screen, as the concept art suggest, then that would be great :)

She's an incredibly lovely person in real life. If she has the acting chops after all this time I have no problem with her returning. I'm not adverse to seeing the character recast if she doesn't though. I just want a good performance.

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 27, 2016, 04:42:36 AM

Feminism much?

Please tell me you are female.

Corporal Hicks

Alright. Let's cut that off before anyone starts an argument. Both of you play nicely.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: 420Buddy on Apr 27, 2016, 01:00:45 AMNot oscar worthy maybe but none of them were bad. I think Morse, 85, Andrews,  Dillon, Clemens, and especially Ripley were great. I also thought Postlethwaite's character and Golic were good for small otherwise throwaway parts

If you can actually follow who is who (probably easier for Brits who recognise most of them from TV) there are actually some good performances in there. As you say, Aaron, Andrews, Dillon and Clemens were all really good. Ripley was superb. And even Morse was decent considering his character on paper was kinda one-note for most of the movie.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 27, 2016, 04:45:36 AMYes, we do need this.  We've had 3 attempts to bring in a new strong female lead for Alien films after Ripley and while some films were better than others, the female leads were meh.

And you think the solution is to execute some silly retcon specifically so you can shoe-horn back in another strong female lead, even if it is one we've had before?

Do something new. Cast a man or something.

Beatnation

Yeap the retcon work so well in the Terminator franchise right?, Beside that Alien 3 -Assembly Cut- it's a masterpiece and if Blomhack can't think in a way to move forward in the series instead just deleted 2 movies in favor of stupid cheap fan-fiction, then f**k him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed