AvP Reviews Roundup (Bad)

Started by Darkness, Aug 13, 2004, 11:38:46 PM

Author
AvP Reviews Roundup (Bad) (Read 21,453 times)

sexualpredator

sexualpredator

this was definitely a disney version of predators. i dont think they handled em serious enough. but maybe we shouldnt see 3 of em playin together. maybe theyll make a predator 3 and go back to old school mean ass ruthless hunters. who dont jus like to hoist people up, but actually enjoy skinning them too. oh, and rippin their skull and spines out just for the eff of it

Erez

Erez

Maybe thats the problem, The Alien and Predator AREN'T MEANT TO BE COOL!

El Diablo

El Diablo

I think people on both sides of the fence need to chill out. I enjoyed the movie for what it was and I'm a huge Alien and Predator fan, that doesn't mean that everyone should like it or that I don't agree with some of the negative feedback associated with the movie.   I wanted to see a great Alien vs. Predator film too but I never expected Anderson to be the one to deliver it. He's got a strong visual style but he's a very weak writer. The end result is a film that entertains but doesn't live up to the classics. I see mostly negative comments out there and I can totally understand why. It's not the film we've waited so long to see but knowing that the studio hired Anderson to write and direct this way back in the summer of '03.... does that really come as such a surprise to all of you? I expected much worse from him.

scar_predator

scar_predator

1904 scene was in the movie

sexualpredator

sexualpredator

i say again, i did appreciate lots of this movie. but, c'mon, i mean u could tell those were young predators. cuz, when they had their masks off, they kept showin their baby teeth. and scar almost talked like ludo from labrynth. . ."friend"

1904 scene was not in the film i saw. it was referenced when they unlocked the cannons, but thats about it. preds are supposed to be COOL. my little brother(18) loved this film! i enjoyed it too, some pretty cool action. but, i dont feel right associating it at all to the great sci-fi classics. i gues this is pretty good for anderson, that guy is weak and a bullshitter. but i kno, if they had jus given him 3 more dollars, it woulda kicked ass, right? get someone else if u plan to make more

oh, and did anyone else catch the similarities between the celtic pred and harry from harry and the hendersons? i think that was obviously intentional. great joke paul and once again, thank you

scar_predator

scar_predator

scar predator & alexea had the best fight out the hole movie that queen alien was a I3itch!! to kill.celtic should have won that fight with the grid alien.should have shown more of the elder predator than at the end of the movie.the big @$$ shoulder cannon kicked some @$$ ripping those aliens apart.so was the spear they were using same with that throuthing object.weapons were asome       oh,yeah alien fans could suck on these nuts I3!tchs    ;D  

Pretorian21

Pretorian21

Hello everyone, I just wanted to say that I have really mixed feelings about this movie. Iv been waiting for this movie ever since I saw predator 2 when the aliens skull was hanging in the trophy room. Then followed with the comics, video games, toys etc. For one Iam a huge fan of the franchise, those who arent and have only seen some of the movies here and there should be more intelligent about there comments and not point out the obvious, because think about it.. what movie have you seen thats been absolutly perfect? Huh? I cant think of one to be frank. Yes the movie was really slow, but what can you do about it? You have to establish some sort of setting plot, and it seemed to do a pretty good job of holding that up. However when the movie started to pick up pace I started to get a little worried. (Because if you've seem Resident Evil you know what Im talking about, it was rated pg-13 as well, and another video game movie gone horribly wrong.) Paul had me worried and all this talk about fans doing it for fans went straight to hell. Then the most disappointing thing with the movie  was the fact that (despite the fact these predators are young, they are still supposed to be elite) (predator 2 was a teenage predator unlike predator 1 which was an elder) The two died within a matter of mins of one another. And it seemed to me that the predators were both killed by the same alien. Then how the other predator just whoops two aliens then gets a cheap shot by the next, wtf is that. Then if you have never read the comics and or the books you wouldnt understand the relationship between the human and the predator, which would be race war. When they showed it, yes it was corny but it still made sense if you've kept up on it. honestly it was good movie and yes I will see it again, although go in expecting the expected and walk away thinking this is decent film.

Erez

Erez

I don't remember the pred was cool in the previous films. It was scary and brutal. Maybe its weapons were cool but the pred itslef wasn't. Making those creatures look cool is a big mistake. The fact that it makes you fear is what really cool, the pred's job isn't to show off.

sexualpredator

sexualpredator

hey man, they didnt use the Really Big Cannon(which they played up nicely in the making of), they didnt even use the Big Cannon. the one he picked up(and once it was attatched looked totally different) was the little bitty one that u see in all the pics of it. it was the only cannon fired in the movie. theres a pic of it at towards the top of the page and to the right under the topic "Official Avp Media"  -jus case u didnt see

scar_predator

scar_predator

wasent the 1940s scean when it showed the predators on the shouting the shoulder cannons on to of the pyirmid

sexualpredator

sexualpredator

no that was ancient cambodia

scar_predator

scar_predator

my bad for the spelling im rushing LOL AVP was tight

oh ,okey so that wasent antartica

sexualpredator

sexualpredator

1904 scene was supposed to be an attack on the whaling station that was not in the film. they shoulda had more jokes like in gremlins 2

Nik

Nik

was the scene were the celtic n alien fight in the movie?

sexualpredator

sexualpredator

yes, that was the only fight scene other than the end with the queen, and a few quick kills courtesy of scar

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed