AvP Reviews Roundup (Bad)

Started by Darkness, Aug 13, 2004, 11:38:46 PM

Author
AvP Reviews Roundup (Bad) (Read 20,459 times)

Alex Villalobos aka commander griker

Alex Villalobos aka commander griker

sexualpredator said  i think the dvd of this will probably kick ass. especially if its R! this film was sooo rushed. it needed at least another 30 minutes!!!   that is exactly what i was thinking it will only be pg 13 in theaters but rated R on dvd or they can have a special edition like what they did with the alien films us fans will be satisfid

Harlequin01

Harlequin01

I was extremely dissapointed in this movie.  At first I could sustain my disbelief and just enjoy it as an entertaining film.  But, not only did it go downhill in the end I started to get irritated with the blatant marketing driven direction to the movie.  Also, I've been following the Aliens and Predator franchise through the movies and books that were made.  I also followed, closely, the creation of this movie.  One of the original scripts was submitted by Dark Horse Comics.  If you've never checked out their aliens comics, you need to.  Anyway, Fox turned down their script but ripped it off by changing it just enough to call it their own.  That truly pissed me off.  That took this film from being light hearted fun, for I couldn't take it any more serious than that, to a big f*@k you to the fans.   >:D  

sexualpredator

sexualpredator

i think the problem everyone is having with this film is the ending. When ALF comes out and hammers out a peace treaty, it does get a little far-fetched! sorry to ruin the ending guys. Im just kiddin, its a pretty decent end

everything was there? i didnt dog this film, but everything was definitely not there. One scene using his cannon. Only 2 fight scenes. Preds are not in it enough. but, i still liked a lot of cool things about it. i think the aliens were done pretty damn good too. that queen was huge and moved good

Erez

Erez

Sorry guys, I lost faith in the movie. It's obviously not a good one as I need to turn all the net upside down to find a good review. I'm gonna download it, I don't feel it's worth the two month wait anymore. I believe that I'm gonna watch it in theaters when it's out anyway. Hope you had fun-time watching it, I'm gonna watch it  with a below-average expectation.

sexualpredator

sexualpredator

Worst line in the movie was by lance henriksen, to Scar: "Dont you walk away from me!" or somethin like that. were they in a relationship or somethin that we dont know about? someone research that for me

Erez, the whole thing is, dont watch it expecting for anything like the old movies. its like things based on the old movies set to jurassic park. but, its not the worst thing in the world. everyone should admit that there were a lot of cool things that happened

Erez

Erez

Spoiler
PA career has disappeared alongside his chances towards redemption
[close]

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Good points there Dachande about scars pathetic looking face, these are some of the worst looking and designed predator masks ever made, man i was watching G4/TechTV the other day and they had this guy they found at comiccon who mad his own full body costume of the Pred from Pred 2 and looked amazingly ggod, 100 time better than what i witnessed today.The reason for my bitching is due to the fact that Anderson this 'so called alien and pred fan who is the most critical alien and pred fan' to accept such pethetic looking work and then he has enough balls to go on record and say that these are the best looking alien and predators we've ever scene and that this movie is what all us fans have waited for! are you fuc$ing serious, sure there were plenty of cool things in this movie but after every single death in this movie is a cut away death and the fact that the last 30 - 40 mins of the movie just seems rushed and hurried just made me mad to watch.I got so bad inthe theater i was in the it was getting hard to here the movie over the laughter and critism being thrown around in there.I dont know if its just me or does the elder at the end look NOTHING like the pictures we've seen of him? And he ha those stupid looking row of upper teath like the scar pred does, it just looks wrong.  Now for the people that are sticking up for the falts of this film and saying ' oh just wait for the DVD ', man what the fu$k?! we shouldnt have to wait for the damn dvd to see a decent version of this movie, i mean i know fox want as much money from this thing as possible but dont treat us fans like fuc$ing retards i mean damn.Sure this movie had pred and alien and pred/alien death in it but the whole thing had no sence of an alien or predator movie.I just cant get over how quick thee preds get there asses handed to them in a handbasket, like what every 100 years the pred send there most promising teenage preds to earth for there comming of age ritual only to have them get disemboweled in 3 mins flat !.Sure scar kills a hand ful but what the hell.And anderson said tha the preds in pred 1 and 2 are no match for "his" preds is a joke, if you ask me either one of the preds from part 1 - 2 could have killed all 3 of these bitches in a heartbeat.Now i liked all the new weapons and armor designs i this movie but seeing these preds get wooped so quick and easy was sad to say the least.Im sorry but im  not to happy with what i saw today.Now i thought in the alien movie that from the time the chestbursters came out of the hosts and became full grown was quick but in this movie its almos instentanius, 5 mins after a person is facehugged the chestburster comes out then 5 more mins later the alines are full grown reaking havoc on everyone and everything in this movie.

Predy

Predy

well i read the reviews and i have to say something some of those guys makes shit reviews i think its a nice movie the preds are learning thats why they go to the pyramid, the aliens there were cool better than preds but the difference is that the aliens are puppets and cgi ones the preds are guys inside suits so plz some of these critics are just loser that dont understand the the movie. I liked the preds they are all great these guys make a huge effort to make preds look good, thats cool cuz they have to work whit a puppet and the computer images thats admirable, i think the movie its great but for the sequel they have to focus more in the creatures cuz humans take a long place in movie. The fights were great they show the ability of each creature and how they act when they face a hard foe. i think that predalien chestbuster will make the sequel be more interesting i hope that. well i like the movie thats all i have to say.

Dachande

Dachande

Trust me my friend, you will be very displeased at the production fox put together.  Again, i shall dog this film but with a calmer pace.  Who in god's name created the cannon motive for the predators to hunt the humans?  Who was in charge of the development throughout the movie?  True, for those fans out there whom just wanted the blood bath between the two species were partially satisfied.  Although, in the long run of the movie, who here felt unfulfilled?  This idea that has been harnessed and molded throughout the years by great writers was just accosted by the worst production.  The assailants, in point, being anderson and the producers.  True, we'll see the light of some deleted scenes in the future, but will that really make the rest of the movie magically come to life?  NO.  The people whom produced, edited, and distributed the version for the whole public to see has been terrible with nothing new to come.  How can everyone be so naive in thinking that a 1904 scene with more blood will help anything?  This isn't some hidden plot to sky rocket dvd sales, it's just the truth being shown to the whole world at the moment.

sexualpredator

sexualpredator

yeah bringer, everything was rushed in this film. . .especially alien gestation time! i thought of many cool explanations for keeping them down for a long enough period to make it all believable and more intense. preds from 1 and 2 were cooler cuz they were scary and moved like panthers or somethin. these big bulky guys were kinda like that review that alikened them to pro wrestlers. they behaved more like the beast from beauty and the beast

Baseman

Baseman

There were a lot of seens from the trailers, that were not in the movie.  I'm thinking that there will be a special edition DVD.  Better B.  Maybe even an alternate ending (don't get your hopes up).   OVerall, I LIKED THE MOVIE.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

To ..... your the pussy wipped maggaot there junior, you the kinda crate that will take anything avp up the ass and love it  and not say a word whether it be good or bad wich to me is pathetic to say the least.this movie could have been the worst movie ever made and you'd still defend it with your life.pretty sad buddy, pretty sad.Did you even watch the same movie as the rest of us? or do you have no idea between good/bad design and acting apparently not or else you would have atleast one single thing that was to some distast to you like the majority of us intelligent people.

Nik

Nik

y do u think the movie was rushed all fox wanted was to make money they know how many fans their r of aliens and preds and y u think it was pg13 like i sayd b4 for more kids to see, more money, they dont give  a f**k about what we want they just want their f**king money

sexualpredator

sexualpredator

they are adding the 1904 scene to dvd? that'll be cool, i was waitin for that shit and pissed at not seein it. but, youre right about it not makin much of a difference overall. and yes, i did feel unfulfilled cuz it built like it was gonna be great and then let down.

scar_predator

scar_predator

the movie was good in its ways u have to get the story to like it.of cource they made the predators die fast cause there not even experienced of fighting the aliens.but it was kind of jacked for the predator fans. o well if your a true avp fan u would say its still a good movie.   ;D        
Spoiler
Enter Text
[close]
pg-13 to short  
QuoteEnter Text
its cool 8\10

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed