Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,791,030 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed Mr Clemens.

Highland

Highland

Leia's the only OT character they got right.

I agree that they should have been mentors, but who needs a mentor when you're a Jedi after 6 minutes.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I kinda wish Leia had been a trained Jedi right off the bat in TFA.  We didn't need to see her training to have assumed that Luke brought her up to speed over the past 30 years.

Atton or Alistair?

The Old One

The Old One

Atton Rand, Pure Pazaak!

SM

SM

Quote from: The Kurgan on Feb 09, 2019, 10:52:54 PM
Quote from: Master on Feb 09, 2019, 10:17:07 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Feb 09, 2019, 05:36:45 PM
Quote from: Highland on Feb 09, 2019, 05:25:09 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Feb 09, 2019, 01:44:59 PM
This trilogy is what it is.
I hope we will at least get an entertaining movie as it's last chapter.

For the next trilogy they should chose a setting so far in the past or future that they can start completly new without any contact to existing stories or characters. This way there are no limitations or lose ends or threads to connect and you can give the whole thing a fresh start.

And maybe we can finally move away from an empire vs rebels setting.

It's pretty hard to screw up a sequel trilogy with all the old cast returning but they managed it.

Personally I think the last movie will probably be amazing, just because it really feels like JJ is trying hard on the nostalgia and all the rumours I've heard are like 90% what everyone bitched about.

While they no doubt screwed it up, it is hard to please everyone when you develop such beloved characters and story after such a long time. So i don't think it was an easy task to make a great sequel trilogy to begin with.

But they could easily made something better out of it for sure.

Hope the rumors are true and the OT finally gets it's well deserved great send off before the story moves on to something different than Skywalkers,empire and rebels.

Bullshit.  They just should have gave fans what they wanted. Master Jedi Luke Skywalker, Leia and Han together + new fresh threat for the galaxy. Ain't that hard for professionals. f**king PROFESSIONALS, damn it!

yeah my bad. It's easy after all. Just give the fans what the fans want...whatever that is exactly.

:laugh:

Highland

Highland

I wonder why Lucas had a hard on for just not doing the sequels. Maybe the prequels spooked him off.

I'd rather have seen Lucas version. Even if it was also shit.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

While I can't be sure he wasn't just taking the piss, it sounds like Lucas lost his mind when it came to his ideas for the sequels.

http://collider.com/george-lucas-star-wars-plans/

Vertigo

Vertigo

Eh, I do hope he writes his plan as a book at some point. Sounds pretty mad but could be interesting.

Master

Master

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Feb 09, 2019, 10:47:52 PM
Quote from: Master on Feb 09, 2019, 10:17:07 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Feb 09, 2019, 05:36:45 PM
Quote from: Highland on Feb 09, 2019, 05:25:09 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Feb 09, 2019, 01:44:59 PM
This trilogy is what it is.
I hope we will at least get an entertaining movie as it's last chapter.

For the next trilogy they should chose a setting so far in the past or future that they can start completly new without any contact to existing stories or characters. This way there are no limitations or lose ends or threads to connect and you can give the whole thing a fresh start.

And maybe we can finally move away from an empire vs rebels setting.

It's pretty hard to screw up a sequel trilogy with all the old cast returning but they managed it.

Personally I think the last movie will probably be amazing, just because it really feels like JJ is trying hard on the nostalgia and all the rumours I've heard are like 90% what everyone bitched about.

While they no doubt screwed it up, it is hard to please everyone when you develop such beloved characters and story after such a long time. So i don't think it was an easy task to make a great sequel trilogy to begin with.

But they could easily made something better out of it for sure.

Hope the rumors are true and the OT finally gets it's well deserved great send off before the story moves on to something different than Skywalkers,empire and rebels.

Bullshit.  They just should have gave fans what they wanted. Master Jedi Luke Skywalker, Leia and Han together + new fresh threat for the galaxy. Ain't that hard for professionals. f**king PROFESSIONALS, damn it!

Fan since '77, gotta disagree. For this trilogy to resonate properly with the other ones, Luke & co. had to be occupying mentor-type roles for a new wave of characters. If this trilogy had been 'Luke & Friends vs. the Glaxnorz Invasion' I'd have walked out, and with good reason.

Of course the mentor role is needed, that's why I wrote Master Jedi Luke. Also, why Leia isn't a Jedi is beyond me. The point is, in ep7 there is no feel of victory from ep6 nor 30 years time progress.

SM

SM

Luke said there was balance for a while. And the title kinda indicates lots of fighting.

TC

TC

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 10, 2019, 05:55:26 AM
While I can't be sure he wasn't just taking the piss, it sounds like Lucas lost his mind when it came to his ideas for the sequels.

When Phantom Menace came out the midichlorians were an egregious example of an explanation that no-one wanted explained.

A couple decades later and I read about Lucas's Whills sequel ideas in Cameron's book. If those sequel ideas had come to pass, then it makes sense to have foreshadowed the midichlorians right from the start.

I guess he had a plan after all.

Not a great plan; but any kind of plan is better than none at all (which is what we seem to be getting).

TC

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Seems more like George showing the fans the finger after not accepting the midichlorians in the prequels  :D

On the topic of showing the fans the finger, iam sure on some level he gets great pleasure out of all the fans being mad at Disney's Star Wars, after all the years of shit they gave him for the prequels.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 10, 2019, 05:55:26 AM

I don't see how that's not in keeping with what Yoda said about the force. It wasn't magic. It was life.

Better than blowing up Death Star 3. Same shit as people not liking what Ridley did with the Alien.

The Old One

The Old One

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Highland on Feb 10, 2019, 11:50:32 AM
I don't see how that's not in keeping with what Yoda said about the force. It wasn't magic. It was life.

So?  The point is that Lucas wanted to turn the sequels into Osmosis Jones.

Bastila or Liara?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed