Do you think Aliens Infestation could work as an animated series?

Started by OpenMaw, Feb 11, 2013, 07:27:16 PM

Author
Do you think Aliens Infestation could work as an animated series? (Read 5,192 times)

OpenMaw

After playing the game myself, and watching a number of playthroughs, it occurred to me that the game, for what it is, would actually be pretty interesting if it were adapted into an animated miniseries. Something obviously for the older ground. Not a kiddy show.

What do you think?

Space7Horror

I Haven't played the game but I did order it since I want to play it and I have seen a walk through and this idea sounds good but I don't see this going well ass you said for older people like adults but family guy was made for adults and kids these days watch it and watch mature things I feel that this could dumb down the alien series unless they make it like the dead space downfall movie which is extremely adult with nudity a ton of swears and allot of gore and its still a cartoon and creepy so maybe a movie like dead space would work not a show though.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Queen7 on Feb 11, 2013, 08:03:08 PM
I Haven't played the game but I did order it since I want to play it and I have seen a walk through and this idea sounds good but I don't see this going well ass you said for older people like adults but family guy was made for adults and kids these days watch it and watch mature things I feel that this could dumb down the alien series unless they make it like the dead space downfall movie which is extremely adult with nudity a ton of swears and allot of gore and its still a cartoon and creepy so maybe a movie like dead space would work not a show though.

Dead Space is hardly what I would call "mature." The usage of violence, nudity, and language is entirely tactless.

Also, the difference between show and movie is only a format difference. One allows for a longer time to develop characters and story. The other has to wrap things up in a couple hours. It wouldn't have to affect the content of the show. You could have just as much swearing, language, violence, whatever the story called for in a series format. Think an animated version of Walking Dead. It doesn't have to be a cartoon about it. A big chasm of a difference, there.  ;D

Space7Horror

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 11, 2013, 08:11:57 PM
Quote from: Queen7 on Feb 11, 2013, 08:03:08 PM

Dead Space is hardly what I would call "mature." The usage of violence, nudity, and language is entirely tactless.

Also, the difference between show and movie is only a format difference. One allows for a longer time to develop characters and story. The other has to wrap things up in a couple hours. It wouldn't have to affect the content of the show. You could have just as much swearing, language, violence, whatever the story called for in a series format. Think an animated version of Walking Dead. It doesn't have to be a cartoon about it. A big chasm of a difference, there.  ;D

Ok I like the idea and was just trying to say that most cartoons are watched by young children and are eventually dumbed down but if a network like HBO took on the challenge it would be fine.  I can just see that if this happens on a regular channel like amc kids could flock to it not knowing that it is a mature show.

OpenMaw

Well that is a risk, but it does come down primarily to the marketing I think. If you give it the right kind of an ad campaign and are talking with the press about the content in the right way, you'll draw in the crowds that enjoy mature television. Think "Platoon" or "Apocalypse Now" as a TV show, not imagine it as a show in the Alien universe. The horrors of a prolonged fight against the aliens. Lots of symbolism, with varied and interesting characters, and the people being the focus. The aliens would return to being that silent enemy that slips in, devastates, and slips out.

Space7Horror

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 12, 2013, 06:07:34 AM
Well that is a risk, but it does come down primarily to the marketing I think. If you give it the right kind of an ad campaign and are talking with the press about the content in the right way, you'll draw in the crowds that enjoy mature television. Think "Platoon" or "Apocalypse Now" as a TV show, not imagine it as a show in the Alien universe. The horrors of a prolonged fight against the aliens. Lots of symbolism, with varied and interesting characters, and the people being the focus. The aliens would return to being that silent enemy that slips in, devastates, and slips out.

I like these ideas about character development and the sneaky aliens and how the advertisements would explain the maturity of the show but I just can't see this as a cartoon I don't know it could work but its difficult to picture a serious show as a cartoon.

OpenMaw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnFsB0W6bDY#ws

Here's something that is a bit of an example of an what it could be like. This isn't quite what i'd do. My take on it would be lean more towards continuing the Vietnam allegory. The stress of combat troopers in prolonged conflicts. Things like suicide, PTSD, shell shock, survivors guilt, etc. I think i'd also bring in an element of the main characters making it their personal mission to bring Weyland Yutani down for their greedy decisions. (Unlike other popular media though, i'd keep them more cold and indifferent, instead of being out there actively antagnizing like they have in recent games, comics, etc...)

Space7Horror

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 13, 2013, 09:46:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnFsB0W6bDY#ws

Here's something that is a bit of an example of an what it could be like. This isn't quite what i'd do. My take on it would be lean more towards continuing the Vietnam allegory. The stress of combat troopers in prolonged conflicts. Things like suicide, PTSD, shell shock, survivors guilt, etc. I think i'd also bring in an element of the main characters making it their personal mission to bring Weyland Yutani down for their greedy decisions. (Unlike other popular media though, i'd keep them more cold and indifferent, instead of being out there actively antagnizing like they have in recent games, comics, etc...)

I liked the tone to that video if that was actually an alien anime show it would be good.  The tone they set defiantly says that this is an adult show.  The drama seemed really good if thats the way they would take the alien animated series it would be very good and defiantly  pushes away kids I see what you were saying now this is actually a pretty good idea.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed