Cleopatra DLC + Fireteam Bots

Started by The Necronoir, Aug 31, 2021, 02:51:06 PM

Author
Cleopatra DLC + Fireteam Bots (Read 2,960 times)

The Necronoir

The Necronoir


Paid DLC


• New playable Predator - Cleopatra
• Early Access to the new Predator weapon Skin - Ancient Disc

Free Update

• Fireteam bots are now available in Hunt!

  • Support role throwing ammo and health packs.
  • Revive downed players
  • Players have the ability to take over Fireteam bots if killed.
• New Collectibles - Isabelle Tapes (Unlock at level 1, 10, 20, 40)
• NRV-E (Sniper Rifle) is now available at Level 100
• Added Armor Skins for level 100 / 150 for the Elder Predator, Jungle Hunter 87 and Alpha Predator
• Added PS and Epic exclusive tints for Valkyrie

General
• Fixed an exploit spot on Headquarters map.
• Fixed several collision issues in the Headquarter map.
• Updated audio for the Headquarters map.
• Fixed cosmetics not displaying correctly when being granted from a field locker.
• Guerrilla Mercenaries will now use Flashbang grenades.
• Several cosmetics issues have been fixed.

Clash
• Fixed a stamina issue for Host on private Clash matches.
• Fixed floating spawns and added additional respawn points in Headquarters clash map.
• Fixed missing audio for the Airstrip map.

Fireteam

General
• Fixed an issue where Fireteam members continue to go through the muddy up animation even after cancelling the interaction
• Fixed an issue where Isabelle head would not appear incorrectly in big head mode.
• Fixed an issue with Comms specialization not behaving as intended.

Predator

General
• Fixed an issue with the Requiem and Paroxysm armor styles for the Hunter Predator that caused the armor styles to be level locked instead of purchasable.




Hot take:

• The Egyptian motif is not exactly where I thought they'd take it, but I quite like it. As a long-time Egyptophile, I appreciate the way the costume incorporates elements of different deities, namely Anubis and Horus. Still downloading, so I'll probably have more to say on this later, once I've had a look in-game. I like the hollow eyes look. Gives it a creepy mummy kind've vibe...

• I may have been wrong about the release date, but it turns out I was right about us getting Isabelle tapes after all! Must have been a scheduling issue with Alice Braga or some such. These should be interesting!

• Interested to see what these new skins are for the Elder, JH, and Alpha. Does that mean two new skins each, or one for each at differing levels (seeing as elder doesn't unlock until level 150 anyway)?

• I wonder if the updated audio for the Headquarters map relates to the feedback I gave them over on the Illfonic forums...

Voodoo Magic

Digging Cleo's look!

Fireteam bots is a great announcement to me if they're decent. Now... when I have a few friends that only make up a party of 3 or 4 people, we can still private match it and take turns playing as the Predator!

And Illfonic working on Fireteam AI can only help down the road with the longevity of the game on the sad day (hopefully years away) when support ends and servers disappear. Maybe this is one step closer to a lone-wolf mode too!

And this is a great feature:
"Players have the ability to take over Fireteam bots if killed."

And Izzy lore tapes! WOOT! Maybe we'll finally find out what happened to Royce!

The Necronoir

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 31, 2021, 04:04:41 PM
Digging Cleo's look!

Fireteam bots is a great announcement to me if they're decent. Now... when I have a few friends that only make up a party of 3 or 4 people, we can still private match it and take turns playing as the Predator!

And Illfonic working on Fireteam AI can only help down the road with the longevity of the game on the sad day (hopefully years away) when support ends and servers disappear. Maybe this is one step closer to a lone-wolf mode too!

And this is a great feature:
"Players have the ability to take over Fireteam bots if killed."

And Izzy lore tapes! WOOT! Maybe we'll finally find out what happened to Royce!

I knew you'd be the first one to respond, Voodoo! I just played a couple of solo private matches with the bots, and it's a mixed bag. They're pretty decent in a firefight, and will follow your lead when it comes to mudding up etc. However the pathfinding isn't great, which often results in one or more of them getting stuck somewhere across the map (so far it's always Delta). I wish you could give them waypoint and standing position orders using the spotting function, but so far it doesn't seem to do anything.

Haven't been able to check out Cleo properly yet, as my DLC is failing to register so far. I'm off to bed anyway, so hopefully it'll be sorted out by the time I wake up tomorrow.

Kailem

Kailem

#3
Isabelle tapes? Nice! I was disappointed when there weren't any in the Isabelle DLC update, so this is great news! Looking forward to giving those a listen.

And yeah, the addition of bots is definitely good for the longevity of the game. Hopefully that means we might be one step closer to a single-player Predator mode too!

Sad fan

Sad fan

#4
"Hopefully that means we might be one step closer to a single-player Predator mode too!"

Hopefulky a single-player game with a decent background history.

Corporal Hicks

I'm having the unlock issue on Steam too. :(

Kailem

Kailem

#6
Yeah sounds like it's best to hold off on trying to buy it for now until they get that sorted out.

I also just read the Playstation blog article that's been posted - the one Illfonic tweeted to 'read to the end' - and judging by the silhouette for the next paid DLC, it looks like they might be making it Jungle Hunter.

I'm kinda of two minds about that. On the one hand the selfish part of me likes that he's exclusive to those of us who pre-ordered. Not to mention if that's true then it'll essentially mean no DLC that month for the people who've already got him, meaning it'd be a four month wait to see what the next one might be.

On the other hand I guess it'd be good for those who weren't able to get him. And the people who've been bitching about it on the Illfonic forums for the last year and a half. But honestly I hope it's just a placeholder for a different Predator (Mr Black or Wolf, please!).

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Necronoir on Aug 31, 2021, 04:15:13 PM
I knew you'd be the first one to respond, Voodoo! I just played a couple of solo private matches with the bots, and it's a mixed bag. They're pretty decent in a firefight, and will follow your lead when it comes to mudding up etc. However the pathfinding isn't great, which often results in one or more of them getting stuck somewhere across the map (so far it's always Delta). I wish you could give them waypoint and standing position orders using the spotting function, but so far it doesn't seem to do anything.

Interesting. Hopefully Illfonic will keep tweaking the Fireteam AI where needed as updates roll out, but it's definitely a step in the right direction!  :)

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 31, 2021, 04:39:23 PM
I'm having the unlock issue on Steam too. :(

That's really lame. I hope it's fixed soon. :-\

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 31, 2021, 04:51:51 PM
I also just read the Playstation blog article that's been posted - the one Illfonic tweeted to 'read to the end' - and judging by the silhouette for the next paid DLC, it looks like they might be making it Jungle Hunter.

I'm kinda of two minds about that. On the one hand the selfish part of me likes that he's exclusive to those of us who pre-ordered. Not to mention if that's true then it'll essentially mean no DLC that month for the people who've already got him, meaning it'd be a four month wait to see what the next one might be.

On the other hand I guess it'd be good for those who weren't able to get him. And the people who've been bitching about it on the Illfonic forums for the last year and a half. But honestly I hope it's just a placeholder for a different Predator (Mr Black or Wolf, please!).

It's not the Jungle Hunter silly. It's the classic crucified Predator.  ;D

In all seriousness though, for some reason, I'm not taking the silhouette source literally this time around, other than as a generic placeholder. Hmm, I guess we'll see.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

#8



Well you can't hunt the AI as a Predator. They just stay at spawn, and they are really strong. Slashed at them, was downed in 2 seconds.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 31, 2021, 06:06:19 PM
Well you can't hunt the AI as a Predator. They just stay at spawn, and they are really strong. Slashed at them, was downed in 2 seconds.

So you need two players at this point? 1 Human vs 1 Predator and you keep replacing a bot until all of you are dead?

Hopefully bots do die before you...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 31, 2021, 06:58:11 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 31, 2021, 06:06:19 PM
Well you can't hunt the AI as a Predator. They just stay at spawn, and they are really strong. Slashed at them, was downed in 2 seconds.

So you need two players at this point? 1 Human vs 1 Predator and you keep replacing a bot until all of you are dead?

Yup. That's it.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

#11
This is great news! Lookin forward to giving the Isabelle tapes a listen!

SuperiorIronman

First thoughts on Cleopatra is that her mask is kind of lame. I think it could be a bit more interesting to look at but as is the mask kind of sucks. The body armor is cool in a regal sort of way but I find it out of place compared to everyone else considering everyone is a bit more gritty. The costume is more an alt than it should being the main one.
Once again it's the same Illfonic face and body. Likely this is for animation purposes but she looks like everyone else.
I also have to raise a brow given she came with a smart disk. Her most notable weapon is the netgun given she attacked Dutch with that. This is the ideal time to introduce a wrist mounted netgun as a gear item or a variant for the netgun and yet she got a disk. Not that it's bad but it's odd that she got a disk given the netgun was the whole reason she beat Dutch. I can't even recall if this was mentioned in the logs. You also have a scenario where there's no holster for it. Sure Viking, Valkyrie, and Samurai don't either for the respective weapons but weird how they drew attention to this and yet she doesn't even sheath it. I'm not even sure why she got a disk either. The disk did gain new life with the specializations but you'd still be hard pressed to use it given how much better other weapons and tactics can be,

The Isabelle tapes insinuate something..., odd. Essentially that the Predators know how to genetically engineer organisms and alter themselves. They can develop nanotechnology and pilot spacecraft even creating and commonly utilizing a wrist mounted nuclear device, but can't figure out how to fix a broken piece of equipment? The Hell? It's not wrong to suggest they got the basis for the technology from somewhere else but you mean to tell me that they have no idea how to repair anything? How did they build the armor for Royce then? The irony of this is that the Emissary Predator are meant to be the scientists and this was specifically a plot point in the last film that they do have the technical know how and that's a scary prospect when they decide to cut the shit and make a monster. They're not all hunters. Just weird that this was something Illfonic led with and continues to signal to me they need a look over of shit they write.

I do however like the idea of Royce going rogue and wanting to see what's up. I think that can make for a great story and I'd love to see him become playable as a Predator and see how messed up shit can get. Not that he's an honorable killer but he ends up like Edwin with a nuclear arsenal. That's cool and I wish we got to see that.

Gonna check out the bots.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

#13
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 31, 2021, 04:04:41 PM
And this is a great feature:
"Players have the ability to take over Fireteam bots if killed."

Fireteam gets all the candy, damm this blows. Problem is not only can Fireteam revive twice but that now you can choose your build before you go in so that leaves the unfair advantage of choosing the right build to counter the Predator's playstyle.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

#14
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 31, 2021, 06:06:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9kj86URQo0


Well you can't hunt the AI as a Predator. They just stay at spawn, and they are really strong. Slashed at them, was downed in 2 seconds.

And here I was about to make a purchase. So the bots are just too damn strong? Maybe they'll adjust them in a patch or something.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed