Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 108,130 times)

RidgeTop

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I wonder what that "nice big red arrow" will be pointing to.... 🤔

Kailem

Hopefully Mr Black. And more maps. And Wolf. And a city map. And Mr Black. And Wolf.

And more maps.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 16, 2021, 03:47:35 PM
Hopefully Mr Black. And more maps. And Wolf. And a city map. And Mr Black. And Wolf.

And more maps.

lol

I'm actually, for the first time, not craving any new maps. I'd rather have a new guantlet or solo mode. Meaning, unless they throw a glorious new City Map at us, I am finally very content with the six maps we have - and it's amazing to hear myself say that! :laugh: And I'm extremely pleased with the Headquarters addition especially.

Now in regards to Super Predators, I rather have the Falconer over Mr. Black, just because the falcon drone could add such an interesting new layer to gameplay.

Kailem

I feel like they probably tried to do Mr Black, as evidenced by the data mining, then realised that since his head was a different size and shape to the rest of the Predators they weren't going to be able to make his mask fit everyone, like they've done with all the rest. So they scraped him and just gave us a mask that fits normal Preds instead. Sucks if that's the case, but I feel like it could be.

But yeah, it does finally seem like we're in a decent place map wise. It's certainly good for the people who picked it up on Steam recently. They're getting an amount of maps the rest of us had to wait a year for!

Voodoo Magic

The wait makes it that much sweeter, or at least, so I am told.  ;D

Mr.Turok

There is also the fact that Super Predators in general are much larger, stronger, and more tougher than the average Predator that there must be some kind of balanced system to fit such a class in there. It would also make some gameplay aspects a bit more complicated such as how regular Predators gotta crouch to get in most doors in maps so having a Super Predator would perhaps complicate that even more.

I still advocate a new mode of 5v1 where its 4 Fireteam and 1 allied Predator versus one Super Predator where the goal of one side is to escape/kill the Super and the other is to hunt down all the five. At that point since Fireteam has an allied Predator, the Super can be buffed to the max with all the maxed out stats, tools from the film and perhaps even more.

Speaking of maps, I would like to have that snow map that the devs teased at us when Viking dropped sometime down the road. That and the two concept art maps of some abandoned shipyard and favela.

Still Collating...

I hope for new game modes, a night mode would be cool, but a bigger player cap would be better.

molasar

I want Broken Tusk with his naginata and hand cannon. And obviously refined AI bots for fireteam/predator.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I think for the  the number of maps is okay, headquarters is awesome but its still more of the same repetitive thing. Lots of people want a coop mode with multiple predators, meaning like 2 predators vs 6-8 fireteam or something. That would be awesome, I think that would benefit the game a lot more right now. And push the cooperative teamwork aspect to the predators as well.

Galactus123

I hope we get Celtic and Mr. Black. Falconer Predator would be great too.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Galactus123 on Jul 22, 2021, 02:31:24 PM
I hope we get Celtic and Mr. Black. Falconer Predator would be great too.

Celtic would fit nicely in in the time period.

Samhain13

Samhain13

From the roadmap picture its one more predator in August and another in October. Considering they already released Mr. Black I think he will be one of those. Then maybe the Cleo female predator.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jul 23, 2021, 03:50:46 AM
From the roadmap picture its one more predator in August and another in October. Considering they already released Mr. Black I think he will be one of those. Then maybe the Cleo female predator.

Hmm. I feel Cleo is a lock, but to me, I don't believe it will be Mr. Black. The way I see it, that ship has sailed. You don't release the coolest part of a known Predator, the bio-mask, for free, if you're going to ask players to pay for the class/rest of the body months later. I just don't see the business sense in that.

If I had to guess, Mr. Black and Falconer was once the plan, but perhaps Illfonic became stuck on the faces?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed