Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 106,919 times)

Kailem

Yeah. I got one parry off but by that point I'd already taken so much damage that it didn't matter. I had no idea she was even anywhere nearby, so I was definitely taken by complete surprise!

Voodoo Magic

Wow Kailem... that was....  embarrassing.

;)

Also here's Rico the Predator Whisperer charming a Predator.  Which begs us to ask the question...

Why hunt them... when we can love them!  ♡♡♡

RidgeTop

:D I always try to offer friendship as the Predator if it's two FT members or less.

So this happened to me in a recent match:

Had this guy DTR after getting a couple shots on him, in a few more seconds they proceed to parry me multiple times with slashes in-between bringing me from full health to zero completely 1v1. I think the knife still needs some work. Maybe something like 1 parry per 5 seconds or slower slashes for a few seconds after a parry.

Tichinde

its terrible. I use the combistick mostly, rarely much else and I can't stand how they can just block every single predator attack. I've had players actually run after me to knife me when I'm low on health. That shouldn't be a thing, the ultimate alien master of martial arts should not be outmanuevered and outclassed by a little human soldier in the art of bladed combat. They really need to fix this tbh, ruins the game for me

SuperiorIronman

I mean two Predators do get killed with blades. Falconer goes down to a sword (not a knife but still a pointy stick) and City Hunter died over his own weapon. I am willing to let that slide given there is enough justification that it would be a threat to them.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I hate the parry with the knife but I get it. On other hand the knife damage should be decreased, they can increase the guns damage to make up for that. Sometimes knifing the Predator during a claim appear to give more damage than shooting it.

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 25, 2020, 05:05:58 PM
:D I always try to offer friendship as the Predator if it's two FT members or less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eecLvz1OsGo

Had this guy DTR after getting a couple shots on him, in a few more seconds they proceed to parry me multiple times with slashes in-between bringing me from full health to zero completely 1v1. I think the knife still needs some work. Maybe something like 1 parry per 5 seconds or slower slashes for a few seconds after a parry.

Did the damage came from only that one guy? After the parry both Predator and fireteam get stunned for a second, its like the guy didn't, he shouldn't be able to give you damage that fast. Something feels off in the video. I have dealt with a shitload of high level knifers and have never seen anything like that, the knife swings are way too fast.

Quote from: Tichinde on Jul 26, 2020, 02:47:51 AM
I've had players actually run after me to knife me when I'm low on health.

Throwing the spear or using the netgun works well against that. The guy is gonna try to come close so it should be easy to hit the target.

Kailem

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 25, 2020, 05:05:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eecLvz1OsGo

Wow, you weren't kidding! That was even worse than I was expecting! There's no way he should have been able to do that much damage that fast!

I have zero problems with parrying being a thing because the fire team needs some way of defending themselves against a Predator's melee attacks (especially if that's all he's doing), and the main point of it is to stagger the Predator long enough for everyone else to shoot him and hopefully scare him off. But the actual amount of damage the knife does to him is still ridiculous.

When the knife becomes the go-to weapon to take down a Predator over assault rifles and machine guns, that feels a bit busted.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jul 26, 2020, 05:53:46 AM
Did the damage came from only that one guy? After the parry both Predator and fireteam get stunned for a second, its like the guy didn't, he shouldn't be able to give you damage that fast. Something feels off in the video. I have dealt with a shitload of high level knifers and have never seen anything like that, the knife swings are way too fast.

Someone on the Illfonic forums claimed that this is an exploit where you can knife faster while standing still or something. Not sure if that's true or not though.

RidgeTop

Another example here, this one even crazier:

This has got to be some kind of exploit. Again he's standing in place while doing it. I thought parrying a couple times puts a FT member into exhausted state after the initial balance patch?

Voodoo Magic

Hmm. I'm suspecting perks like Yautja's Bane also in play.

I think the problem may be your Predator was very static in this melee fight, with feet planted in place. Try moving in half-circles around your prey RT!  It fixed most of my parry problems, it may fix yours! :)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 26, 2020, 08:22:40 PM
Another example here, this one even crazier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRJ5st5dbs

This has got to be some kind of exploit. Again he's standing in place while doing it. I thought parrying a couple times puts a FT member into exhausted state after the initial balance patch?

He didn't get stunned when he blocked it, its like the parry and the knife slash were happening at the same time. Were those guys on PC? I'm sure some here encountered players using aimbot/fast shooting during the past months. It looks like something similar but with the knife.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 26, 2020, 08:40:04 PM

I heard that was one of the perks that wasn't working. Some guys on facebook said to have made a comparison with and without some perks and there was no difference.

RidgeTop

I'm not saying parrying shouldn't be a thing, but it should be to stagger the Predator once or twice to open the situation up for your team to save you. The Predator is supposed to be overpowered that's the point of asymmetrical multiplayer, as a team you bring him down. I've had multiple instances now of one guy, and always standing still, bringing me close to zero health just by slashing away.

The original balance patch said:

-Increased stamina required to parry

-Parrying without enough stamina will now cause you to enter an exhausted state

So what is this 'exhausted state' that happens when parrying too much? Doesn't seem to be a thing.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 26, 2020, 10:47:28 PM
I'm not saying parrying shouldn't be a thing, but it should be to stagger the Predator once or twice to open the situation up for your team to save you. The Predator is supposed to be overpowered that's the point of asymmetrical multiplayer, as a team you bring him down. I've had multiple instances now of one guy, and always standing still, bringing me close to zero health just by slashing away.

The original balance patch said:

-Increased stamina required to parry

-Parrying without enough stamina will now cause you to enter an exhausted state

So what is this 'exhausted state' that happens when parrying too much? Doesn't seem to be a thing.

As a Fireteam main that had my own fine share of knife vs wristblades fights, I gotta say this is the first time I seen this. Everytime I block Predator attacks, I also get stunned alongside Predator and even though I recover much quicker, the Predator never remains stationary and the Pred player would try to circle me, find different angles to get at me and I do the same too. If Yautja's Bane isn't in effect, it is possible that Heavy Hitter is also in play.

I oughta post these vids on r/HuntingGrounds, as I frequent there a lot, see if they ever witnessed or know anything else about this.

RidgeTop

Already posted them there as well.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jul 26, 2020, 09:52:22 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 26, 2020, 08:40:04 PM

I heard that was one of the perks that wasn't working. Some guys on facebook said to have made a comparison with and without some perks and there was no difference.

Really? Someone measured Yautja's Bane as a 10% bump on Reddit so I've been using it on a few of my loadouts. Being such an expensive perk, I'd hate to find out it's useless.

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jul 27, 2020, 01:34:45 AM
As a Fireteam main that had my own fine share of knife vs wristblades fights, I gotta say this is the first time I seen this. Everytime I block Predator attacks, I also get stunned alongside Predator and even though I recover much quicker, the Predator never remains stationary and the Pred player would try to circle me, find different angles to get at me and I do the same too. If Yautja's Bane isn't in effect, it is possible that Heavy Hitter is also in play.

Heavy Hitter has been surmised to be very effective. But yeah, my advice too as a Predator is move around during melee. And anytime you're parried a second time, get the heck out of there and regroup. But move around. You never want your melee attacks turning into a Russian Slapping Competition with a fireteam member. That never turns out well!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed