Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 106,875 times)

molasar

The game is put on sale on PSN and Epic stores (claim a coupon to reduce its price even more).

Kailem

Had yet another match where the framerate went to hell tonight. It might have something to do with the smart disc, since I'd just thrown it and gotten done with steering it when it happened both times. It seemed like firing off a blast of the plasma caster got it to settle down, but this is going to be really bad if it starts happening every other match.

Corporal Hicks

Reported on the Illfonic boards? Does sound specific. I've not been noticing framerate issues when I've jumped on the PS4 at all.

Kailem

I've not registered on the Illfonic boards because they seem like a total mess, but I saw today that there's a thread in the bugs section where other people are talking about having the same issues and how it was especially bad yesterday, so it seems like it's not just me.

Voodoo Magic

That sucks. So glad I've never experienced these frame rate issues.

Kailem

After a bit more testing tonight I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the smart disc. It happened yet again after throwing the disc and having the view return back to the Predator once the throw was complete, and once again firing off one or two plasma caster shots seemed to clear it up.

I don't know whether it might be tied to fire team proximity as well, but given that they recently patched the smart disc to fix an issue where it was going slower than intended on dedicated servers I'm thinking they might have screwed something up to the point where now when you throw it it sometimes goes hyper-laggy as well.

Xenomrph

How do you disarm the Predator self-destruct after downing the Predator? It's not like the game gives you a tutorial (that I've found) and you have like 15 seconds to get it right or you're dead. :P

Kailem

You have to match the Predator symbols at the top with the ones on the bottom. If you can match all four within the time limit you can disarm it, though with this latest patch they made it harder by adding in more symbols that look similar, so it's definitely upped the risk factor considerably over what it used to be.

Corporal Hicks

They choose today to make it a challenge to defuse 3 Predator self-destructs! lol I've managed to do them, and I feel like I'm getting there now with the higher symbol amount. Still so damn satisfying to disarm them.

Kailem

Agreed. I've gotten a little better at it but it feels much better to actually defuse them now than it used to just because of how difficult it can be. And you really have to down the Predator quick too, otherwise you just don't have the time, which in and of itself is kinda great in making you immediately think "nope, too late, I gotta get outta here!"

JokersWarPig

Saw this in the Facebook group. Now I want a game mode with 2 Predators and 6 FT members, on a larger map with more/smarter enemy AI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT__AXxuyAI&t=239s

Corporal Hicks

How'd they glitch that?!

JokersWarPig

The poster said his friend had joined a round mid game and came in as a Predator instead of as an FT member. Pretty interesting/cool though

Corporal Hicks

Didn't think you could join mid-game.

Kailem

Kailem

So yeah I'm finding that equipping the new level 10 weapon shaders on any weapon in your loadout seems to be making said loadout reset to default weapons and attachments after each game, so if anyone else is having the same problem try just leaving them be for the time being.

Also last night Hicks discovered the secret moon boots unlockable:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed