Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 103,635 times)

Kailem

Yeah people complain about it being "op" when in reality it's the only thing that's really any good. If they made the other weapons just as good then it'd be a matter of preference or situation, rather than "this is pretty much the only weapon I can down anybody with before they bunny hop back to their teammates and I get annihilated."

SuperiorIronman

In my experience I've actually been using the Disk more as a melee weapon than I have as a throwing weapon. I don't like the Mace as much as the Elder sword but if you go for hit and run tactics it works just fine on Scout. I've still yet to get the spear so maybe it really is that good with Berserker.

Galactus123

Galactus123

The President of SIE Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida with Predator: Hunting Grounds shirt:
https://twitter.com/yosp/status/1254903458735374338

Voodoo Magic

I want that shirt!!!

AnthaiHero

Not too bad....

RidgeTop

That knife tho...

molasar

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: RidgeTop on Apr 30, 2020, 06:05:49 AM
That knife tho...

How does something like that get past balancing and quality control...

Le Celticant

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 30, 2020, 11:39:59 AM
That knife tho...

How does something like that get past balancing and quality control...

This is minor issue.
I'm pretty sure until the last days before warping the game, they were actively spending time on debugging rather than balance.
There are still some major problems like Sound Loop (happens almost everytime someone shoot rapidly with the double tape shotgun at a server) or UI element sticking to the screen or models turning to bad LOD triangles or collisions problem or...
Knife is just a tweak that was definitely not the priority.
And I can see why on the coolside, you may want to do a Dutch vs Predator where it's knife vs wristblades.
I've witnessed this with a few game where the last player choose the knife and the Predator player offered a challenge.
Probably the only good vibe I had in the recent days.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 30, 2020, 12:56:56 PM]
And I can see why on the coolside, you may want to do a Dutch vs Predator where it's knife vs wristblades.
I've witnessed this with a few game where the last player choose the knife and the Predator player offered a challenge.

But one knife still shouldn't do that damage to a Predator. Hence being 4 vs 1, and the correct hopelessness of feeling outmatched at 1 vs 1.

Le Celticant

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 30, 2020, 01:01:39 PM

But one knife still shouldn't do that damage to a Predator. Hence being 4 vs 1, and the correct hopelessness of feeling outmatched at 1 vs 1.

What shouldn't be normal is for your wristblades to need so many hit in the first place.
It has the shortest range of all melee weapon.
It's pretty slow and can't deal with multiple enemies with one hit like the combistick which has an incredible hitbox.
It's weak and requires a lot of hit, not even to mention the buff and support class + quick health relief the fireteam has to make it purely inefficient.
IMO that should be a priority, I actually like the idea of a hand to hand with Predator, it feels good going the dutch way.
But the Predator should definitely have the upper hand I can agree on that and somethign needs to be done with the knife but the predator melee should be the priority first so each class and weapons have their uniqueness and are equally capable of dealing with the fireteam.

Kailem

That knife tho...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEFC8rKsBaA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzvfDSTsIKg

Geez, I'd heard the knife was op even without the parry but yeah, that's just straight-up ridiculous. It's broken to the point where when the Predator shows up it's literally a better idea for everyone to just pull out their knives rather than use their guns.

Alien Grand Master

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 30, 2020, 01:18:43 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 30, 2020, 01:01:39 PM

What shouldn't be normal is for your wristblades to need so many hit in the first place.
It has the shortest range of all melee weapon.
It's pretty slow and can't deal with multiple enemies with one hit like the combistick which has an incredible hitbox.
It's weak and requires a lot of hit, not even to mention the buff and support class + quick health relief the fireteam has to make it purely inefficient.
IMO that should be a priority, I actually like the idea of a hand to hand with Predator, it feels good going the dutch way.
But the Predator should definitely have the upper hand I can agree on that and somethign needs to be done with the knife but the predator melee should be the priority first so each class and weapons have their uniqueness and are equally capable of dealing with the fireteam.

It would be cool if the wristblades had a gimmick where it was an instakill/down when hitting the rear of a player.  So it rewards a light sneaky predator, Rather than making it another head-on melee weapon like the combistick.

Kailem

Technically you can, but you need to down the same person two or three times before they're susceptible to it, so it almost never happens (especially since you can't tell who's who as the Predator, so you can't really target the same person specifically in order to try and do it).

I also feel like that's something they should either have available from the get-go, or possibly have it that everyone who respawns back in via reinforcements can potentially be stealth killed. Right now there's basically no downside whatsoever for reinforcements, so I definitely feel like they need to nerf that in some way.

Alien Grand Master

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 30, 2020, 04:04:58 PM
Technically you can, but you need to down the same person two or three times before they're susceptible to it, so it almost never happens (especially since you can't tell who's who as the Predator, so you can't really target the same person specifically in order to try and do it).

I also feel like that's something they should either have available from the get-go, or possibly have it that everyone who respawns back in via reinforcements can potentially be stealth killed. Right now there's basically no downside whatsoever for reinforcements, so I definitely feel like they need to nerf that in some way.

Interesting, something is not right with this game.  The predator is all about those precise 1 hit shots.  At least in every other game.  Humans being hit sponges with most weapons just doesn't feel right.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed