Alien vs. Predator: Evolution Now Available!

Started by ikarop, Feb 28, 2013, 09:56:42 AM

Author
Alien vs. Predator: Evolution Now Available! (Read 36,686 times)

bobby brown

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Feb 28, 2013, 04:12:50 PM
QuoteDear Angry Mobs, please release this game in the PSN store for the Vita for 4.99 so that I may play it with real controls and not the controls on my phone screen, which I hate doing.  :)  kk thanks!

^This.

That whould be sweet!!!
I think It may happen. if the game sells well enough.

Samus007

Quote from: bobby brown on Feb 28, 2013, 05:51:22 PM
Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Feb 28, 2013, 04:12:50 PM
QuoteDear Angry Mobs, please release this game in the PSN store for the Vita for 4.99 so that I may play it with real controls and not the controls on my phone screen, which I hate doing.  :)  kk thanks!

^This.

That whould be sweet!!!
I think It may happen. if the game sells well enough.

I sure hope so. I don't enjoy these types of games on my iPhone. It's no fault of the phone itself, as it wasn't really designed for this, but some great games have come out with the controls on the screen and I can never see what the heck I'm doing as my thumbs are always in the way. It's not so terrible on the iPad, but I prefer thumb sticks. For me, touch screen phones are perfect for all those other type of games, like PvZ or Angry Birds etc.

I emailed them to see if they have any plans for a Vita version, we'll see what the response is.

bobby brown

Quote from: Samus007 on Feb 28, 2013, 06:02:25 PM
Quote from: bobby brown on Feb 28, 2013, 05:51:22 PM
Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Feb 28, 2013, 04:12:50 PM
QuoteDear Angry Mobs, please release this game in the PSN store for the Vita for 4.99 so that I may play it with real controls and not the controls on my phone screen, which I hate doing.  :)  kk thanks!

^This.

That whould be sweet!!!
I think It may happen. if the game sells well enough.

I sure hope so. I don't enjoy these types of games on my iPhone. It's no fault of the phone itself, as it wasn't really designed for this, but some great games have come out with the controls on the screen and I can never see what the heck I'm doing as my thumbs are always in the way. It's not so terrible on the iPad, but I prefer thumb sticks. For me, touch screen phones are perfect for all those other type of games, like PvZ or Angry Birds etc.

I emailed them to see if they have any plans for a Vita version, we'll see what the response is.

Keep us updated man! :)

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

#18
QuoteI sure hope so. I don't enjoy these types of games on my iPhone. It's no fault of the phone itself, as it wasn't really designed for this, but some great games have come out with the controls on the screen and I can never see what the heck I'm doing as my thumbs are always in the way. It's not so terrible on the iPad, but I prefer thumb sticks. For me, touch screen phones are perfect for all those other type of games, like PvZ or Angry Birds etc.

    I emailed them to see if they have any plans for a Vita version, we'll see what the response is.

Quote
Keep us updated man! :)

Indeed. Please let us know if Angry Mobs has any plans of porting it or what not. As. like you said, I prefer thumb sticks with these types of games.

StoneHeart

Runs great on my overclocked Nexus 7 running M-Kernel a37, and Paranoid Android 3+
Very enjoyable game. Worth the 5 Dollars.

ikarop

ikarop

#20
http://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/

You can ask them there. They will be answering questions about the game at 12:00 PST (in about 15 min).

Edit: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/19exkp/iama_developer_and_producer_on_avp_evolution_ask/

Vrastal

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 28, 2013, 02:30:37 PM
Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 28, 2013, 10:22:00 AM
Played the first 4 missions of each race. severely disappointed but not surprised. Terrible lag when more than one enemy appears,  attacks are maddeningly slow, controls seem to be unresponsive 50% of the time.

Extremely low FPS is currently the biggest problem along with controls. It's pretty for a mobile. I find it to be more frustrating than fun.

Customization is pretty cool, not entirely accurate but close.

6/10. made for top of the line current gen and next gen devices.
What device are you using?
Im using samsung player 4.2

Samus007

Samus007

#22
Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 28, 2013, 08:12:51 PM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 28, 2013, 02:30:37 PM
Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 28, 2013, 10:22:00 AM
Played the first 4 missions of each race. severely disappointed but not surprised. Terrible lag when more than one enemy appears,  attacks are maddeningly slow, controls seem to be unresponsive 50% of the time.

Extremely low FPS is currently the biggest problem along with controls. It's pretty for a mobile. I find it to be more frustrating than fun.

Customization is pretty cool, not entirely accurate but close.

6/10. made for top of the line current gen and next gen devices.
What device are you using?
Im using samsung player 4.2

I hope he answers your questions on there, I saw it and you saved me from having to ask him about PSN.

Well, I asked him directly about it coming to the Vita, and this was what he said:

"I know, it would be perfect for the PS Vita. The game is powered by the Unity engine, and the PS Vita is one of the very few devices it doesn't support. Once it does, we'll definitely look into it."

ikarop

ikarop

#23
QuoteThere is just so much content in the game, it was impossible to make it run on all lower end devices. We focused to make the gameplay enjoyable on a touch based mobile device. We'll consider porting it to other platforms in the future, but it's a pretty complicated distribution process.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/19exkp/iama_developer_and_producer_on_avp_evolution_ask/

RazorSlash

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 28, 2013, 08:49:55 PM
QuoteThere is just so much content in the game, it was impossible to make it run on all lower end devices. We focused to make the gameplay enjoyable on a touch based mobile device. We'll consider porting it to other platforms in the future, but it's a pretty complicated distribution process.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/19exkp/iama_developer_and_producer_on_avp_evolution_ask/
Then don't make it availible on lower end devices, instead of having people like me waste $5 on a game that doesn't even work.

Slaine

Only thing i'm annoyed about is that it takes place in Paul WS Anderson's Alien vs Predator universe. Just like AVP 2010. I really hate that movie and everything they did with it. From the designs and the way the Predators and Aliens look..and now they've added the awful looking Preds from Predators.

I would have enjoyed it much more if it had nothing to do with those movies, and was based on the Dark Horse comic universe. I liked Aliens vs Predator before Anderson's film came along.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Slaine on Mar 01, 2013, 01:33:16 AM
Only thing i'm annoyed about is that it takes place in Paul WS Anderson's Alien vs Predator universe. Just like AVP 2010. I really hate that movie and everything they did with it. From the designs and the way the Predators and Aliens look..and now they've added the awful looking Preds from Predators.

I would have enjoyed it much more if it had nothing to do with those movies, and was based on the Dark Horse comic universe. I liked Aliens vs Predator before Anderson's film came along.
To be fair it just takes place in "The AvP Universe", which is all-encompassing and includes all 4 Alien movies, all 3 Predator movies, and both AvP movies.

Also has anyone else been able to get Gamecenter to work on the iOS version? I wish I could check out my achievements and stuff in-game, but it isn't logging into Gamecenter at all for some reason.

predxeno

predxeno

#27
So far I am really not liking this game; there are a lot of glitches.  First off, there are some problems syncing achievements unlocked in-game with the Game Center; that is perhaps the most annoying.  The second problem is that the screen sometimes becomes unresponsive so when you are doing a swipe combo to finish an enemy off, the game doesn't register your action and the enemy breaks free of your grab, making the game harder than it was originally intended.  The third problem is that the game crashes somewhat frequently and is really annoying to go back to your last checkpoint especially if getting past enemies is made even more difficult by the aforementioned 2nd problem.

Xenomrph

What device are you playing it on?

predxeno

iPhone 5; the recommended iOS.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed