Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.4%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
148 (33.6%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
68 (15.4%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
25 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 438

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 318,581 times)

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 10, 2022, 08:13:44 PMBtw, @NecronomIV,  what have you thought of Covenant ?

(copy and paste a slightly revised post from the Covenant thread. I'm lazy economical  8) )

I'm really interested to see how we'll be feeling about Covenant for it's 10 year anniversary. It seems a good amount of time to be able to step back and judge something. Partly I suppose it will depend on whether the story is actually ever finished.

There's a lot to love about it. For myself, I appreciated the design, look, direction and acting. Didn't really like the story and the direction it went in very much.

If it was its own thing, it would be an easy 5/5. The med-bay scene I was literally biting my nails (the acting and soundtrack were both exceptional there). And I walked out of the theatre thinking it was, in many ways, a bleaker ending than ALIEN 3 (and that's a good thing).

But it's not its own thing; it's part of a larger story. I found some parts sour and unpalatable (no Shaw, David creating the xenomorphs) and unconsidered (absurdly short incubation times) and a lost opportunity (show us a harrowing, strange and alien Engineer society and world, not Ancient Rome Post Holocaust). So I can only really give it 3/5 and feel a little sad about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed