Fan Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 23, 2020, 05:47:47 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 4,823 times)

AnthaiHero

AnthaiHero

I find myself playing this only because it includes a Predator and wanting to work on the trophies. I would not have even bothered otherwise. The fireteam gameplay mechanics are outdated. The AI is something you would find on PS1 or PS2. Map variation? Nope. Just one big map chopped up into small pieces. Matchmaking is garbage since the beta, if not worse. They could of at least have a decent private match set up where you play against the fireteam or a predator AI.

The best thing about this game is the customization and OWLF recordings.

Overall score for me: 3 out of 10. 2 out of 10 if this wasn't a Predator game. I had more fun with A:CM to be honest. I paid $60 for the deluxe digital and would not even pay half of that now.

seattle24

seattle24

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Apr 25, 2020, 04:14:30 PM
it's that this is Alien: Isolation for the Predator franchise.

Alien Isolation is one of the best things to ever come out of the Alien franchise. Six years later it still looks gorgeous and is as tense and impressive as ever. This and Predator Hunting Grounds isn't really a fair comparison, in my opinion.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: seattle24 on Apr 26, 2020, 01:17:54 PM

Alien Isolation is one of the best things to ever come out of the Alien franchise. Six years later it still looks gorgeous and is as tense and impressive as ever. This and Predator Hunting Grounds isn't really a fair comparison, in my opinion.

Yeah, Isolation was almost universally applauded by critics, both as a title that managed to successfully translate the atmosphere of its source material into a different medium, and as a solid game in its own right. While I hope that it does well, it's unlikely that Hunting Grounds is going to get a similar response. The only thing I can see the two having in common is the fact that it doesn't include the other creature so often found on the opposite side of the vs in the title.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: seattle24 on Apr 26, 2020, 01:17:54 PM

More in the sense that both are the best things to come out but not to expect Hunting Grounds to set charts on fire. Both being the best product of their respective brands, both appealing primarily to the fanbase, and both likely to have respectable numbers in sales though Hunting Grounds probably will lack SEGA's budgetary problems. Not exactly the same scenario but close enough that this probably will end up being the Isolation equivalent.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Overall I'm having fun with the game, however just like SW: Battlefront I'm constantly wishing for more content. Not sure if it's fair to rate the game yet as DLC's very well may improve the overall experience. Right now the Stargazer back story and the OWLF Files are highlights for me. Also playing as the Predator is quite fun.

Katanu

Katanu

First day playing, here are some random impressions:
- The game is fun, but shallow. Not much content, only 3 maps that pretty much look the same.
- The Fireteam missions are kind of boring, go there, hold square, shoot some AI. Playing as a conselour in Friday the 13th was more enjoyable.
- Playing as the Predator is very cool, I'm having a little trouble locating my prey, but hopefully that'll change soon. One time I've managed to kill all of the fireteam, so that was pretty cool!
- Waiting times are too long. Waiting time for playing Predator? Even worse.
- Customazing the Predator is cool, the fireteam not so much since you play in first person and can't really see your character during gameplay.
- The new lore stuff is great.

Overall, it's good to have a Predator game after so long, but at the same time it sucks it's not a better game.They need to add more content. More maps, an offline mode, more game modes (the predator needs to get to his ship while OWLF tries to capture him, I don't know). If you're a Predator fan, it's worth your time I think, just don't pay full price for it, but if you're not, you won't get much enjoyment out of it. A 6.5/10 for Predator fans, 5/10 for everyone else.

That being said, can't wait to be a better Predator player, and I'll get back to the game tomorrow! I'll keep playing and suporting the game, hoping it'll get better with time.

BlazinBlueReview

BlazinBlueReview

Thanks to having plenty of time decided to revisit my horror blog. Released a new entry today that gives my thoughts on Hunting Grounds.

https://blazinblue.wordpress.com/2020/07/06/game-review-predator-hunting-grounds/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed