IGN AvPR PSP Review

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 17, 2007, 08:40:56 PM

Author
IGN AvPR PSP Review (Read 8,468 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So here we are. First review for the recently released PSP game from Rebellion. The daddy of AvP games. So…sucks for me to say it’s basically a “meh” review:

“I have no strong opinions on this game. It’s not broken. It’s not awesome. It just is. It’s there. It’s not going to challenge you, but it’s not going to frustrate you too badly. It’s not going to captivate you, but it’s not going to repel you. If you want to run around cloaking yourself and destroying a bunch of easy-as-pie aliens, this is here. If not, this is still here. Do what you will with it.”

So pretty much like every other piece of Alien/Predator related merchandise we get then. Well, is only one opinion. IGN scored it 5.5. You can read the review here. And while you’re over there, be sure to check out the new videos and pictures.

JMR

JMR

bummer, it's just a run of the mill game. Oh well...

Darkness

Darkness

Ah, I was just about to post this. Kinda expected the score. Ever since AvP2, the games in these franchises just keep getting worse and worse.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Everything in the franchise, more like.

JMR

JMR

Ouch Corporal.... doesn't seem you are expecting much from AvP-R. I hope you are proved wrong...

Two-Stripes

Two-Stripes

i bought the game on the 15th down the street at gamestop. i have to say i agree with IGN. It's an O.K. game. not worth $40 bucks but i know i'm gonna pick it up from time to time. the weapon upgrades are somethin' to look forward to every few levels and there are a few cool hand to hand combat moves used for takin' out aliens.    ;D  

Semaka

Semaka

I liked Alien vs Predator 2 a lot, it was way scarier than this. The game is like a walk in the park, beating the crap out of those aliens. I would like to see an Aliens Vs. Predator 3 game, with Half Life 2 graphics. I bet it would look way better than this crap.

Alien-Warrior-2-Brasil

this game looks great!!!   8)     8)  

BIGAL-2000

BIGAL-2000

Damn. I still getting it.

Nosferatus

Nosferatus

looks great  .....

MAD-REX

MAD-REX

On another note, I am still going to get this game soon. The stores here still dont have it in yet      ::)  

PSP Junky

PSP Junky

Stupid I was looking forward to this game so don't bum me out   >:(     >:(     >:(     >:(     >:(     >:(     >:(     >:(     >:(  

KungVanargand

KungVanargand

An AvP game with either the Cryengine 2 or Unreal engine 3. That would kick ass. UE3 would be less Hardware challanging though. There is blockbuster potential in the AvP universe. All it needs is the right people working on it!

MAD-REX

MAD-REX

The first part of my comment above was not to be taken that serious.   I agree with ya KungVanargand. Both franchises together and separate have HUGE potential for greatness still.

BIGAL-2000

BIGAL-2000

On another note, I\'m probably in trouble with IGN after I posted a comment on the AVP review calling the reviewer a perfectionist, complaing 70 year old pensioner.   :-X  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed