"Oh Magnificant Throbbing Rod of Revenge," Reviewing Predator: Forever Midnight – AvP Galaxy Podcast #133

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 02, 2021, 10:10:27 AM

Author
"Oh Magnificant Throbbing Rod of Revenge," Reviewing Predator: Forever Midnight – AvP Galaxy Podcast #133 (Read 3,711 times)

Corporal Hicks

We have just uploaded the 133rd episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast (right-click and save as to download)! In our latest episode Corporal Hicks, RidgeTop and VoodooMagic are punishing themselves by putting RidgeTop’s claims of “it wasn’t that bad” to the test and revisiting the infamous novel Predator: Forever Midnight!

We discuss the controversial portrayal of the Predators known as the Hish, the depiction of the women in this book, a tangent to do with 3D films, DH Press’ Alien and Predator novels in general, and plenty more!

What did you think of our latest episode? Be sure to let us know down below! You can also listen to any of our previous episodes in the Podcast section under the News tab on the main menu. The Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast is also available via iTunes, PodBean, GooglePlay Stitcher, and Spotify! Please be sure to leave a rating and review on whichever platform you're using!

And if you'd rather see our beautiful faces, as always the video version of the podcast is also available on the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy YouTube channel!

And as mentioned in the episode our Discord server has now been opened back up to the public, and you can join us here! You can also join our Steam Group here.

Make sure your browsers are locked into Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator news! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. Be sure to join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums as well!

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

GreybackElder

Loved the podcast boys. Also, I wouldn't apologize for what was said during the podcast. It's a garbage book that sullies the Predator name. Much like Hicks, I Sort of enjoyed the book at first. It was my first deep dive into the lore so I had no expectation . THEN, I read Perry's AVP stuff, Big Game, Turn about and the fabled South China Sea and realized what a predator novel should be. If anyone hasn't read those books, check it out !

DaniilLogOut

Nothing like a smell of boiled crab

Shaeffer11

Just got this in, hopefully it's an enjoyable read, keep up the great work!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Shaeffer11 on Sep 03, 2021, 04:31:15 AM
Just got this in, hopefully it's an enjoyable read, keep up the great work!

Thanks!  And....

426Buddy

Great podcast guys! I laughed long and hard at the mustache comments lol.

I'll probably never read this book but it does have a nice cover.

I really wish I had South China Sea, I had a chance to buy it when it was first released but I was just falling out of the Fandom and decided not to pick it up. Now you can't buy it for less than an arm and a leg.

Lost_Hunter

Haha Forever Daylight, oh I remember this one. Good pod guys, all be it a bit random. I remember some good world building in the beginning. There was some interesting sci-fi stuff, the fact that everyone got cancer sooner or later and there was a vaccine, the spray on bandages and the Christian terrorists. Some cool creatures but damn....the Predators. Hazy on the characters, tossed it after reading and haven't thought about it since. Wasn't there a cool vehicle attack scene in the jungle?

Xiggz456

Posted this on the "Stalking Shadows" thread a year ago

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jul 09, 2020, 11:27:32 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a waste BUT it certainly wasn't what I expected. The book is more like a diary than a normal narrative so expect a lot of time jumps. In some ways it felt like an anthology with all these snippets of different encounters. Having read "Forever Midnight" for the first time right after reading this, I can confidently say that this is nowhere near the worst Predator novel though.

Also Voodoo I was wondering why you didn't mention "Turnabout" in the "Skulls" article in regards to Preds hunting bears and it's cuz you haven't read it. Blasphemous  :laugh: Dude you've got to hurry up and read all these Predator books already you filthy casual!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Sep 06, 2021, 06:16:17 PM
Also Voodoo I was wondering why you didn't mention "Turnabout" in the "Skulls" article in regards to Preds hunting bears and it's cuz you haven't read it. Blasphemous  :laugh: Dude you've got to hurry up and read all these Predator books already you filthy casual!

Hey! I r̶e̶s̶e̶n̶t̶ resemble that remark! :laugh:

I own 'em all, I've just never allocated the time to read them!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed