Aliens: Aftermath #1 (Marvel, One-Shot)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Apr 19, 2021, 06:13:38 PM

Author
Aliens: Aftermath #1 (Marvel, One-Shot) (Read 15,613 times)

Huggs

Fred would be doing community service. Giving free rimjobs at the old folks home.

Some Old Dude

I disliked this. The art was nice and the radiation xeno is goofy but at least it's something different, like something Dark Horse or Kenner wouldve come up with in the 90's. My problem stems from the comic feeling like unnecessary fan service, the same kind of thing plaguing the Star Wars comics (and JJ Abrams films 😬), everything has to be unnecessarily connected to an inorganic degree. Also the characters being XTREME anarchist you tubers is just a lame attempt at trying to be modern but if anything dates this comic more than the 35 year old movie it's homaging.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 15, 2021, 02:11:12 AM
Full disclosure, I'm not trying to defend the comic - I haven't even read it, and the spoilers I've read make it sound profoundly stupid, to the point that it makes the Colonial Marines videogame's plot sound like Shakespeare. I'm just defending the idea that WY can manipulate the USCM to some degree. I agree that the comic treating the USCM like full-on corporate PMCs they can control 100% is dumb, but I'm absolutely okay with WY having some degree of influence like choosing personnel or dictating a mission here or there.

Can confirm some of the lore logs in Aliens: Fireteam Elite comment on corporate corruption in high levels of the USCM, which is one of the reasons it was reformed into the UACM.

irn

This comic was probably one of the dumbest things related to the Aliens franchise I've ever seen. Not only was it childishly silly, the lack of imagination was ridiculous.

Engineer

Quote from: irn on Aug 05, 2021, 10:01:24 PM
This comic was probably one of the dumbest things related to the Aliens franchise I've ever seen. Not only was it childishly silly, the lack of imagination was ridiculous.
It is also insanely illogical or downright non-sensical. I didn't think we'd see a story as bad as "aliens: rescue" so soon, but here we are...

Rambo

Finally got a chance to read this. Felt like one of the short-stories in Dark Horse Presents, and in that category there's a lot more to be forgotten than remembered. So I'm not as offended as most people seem to be, but agree it didn't do much for me. The hype they gave it didn't do them any favors.

judge death

Im so glad I havent spent a single penny on marvels aliens comics yet, will only do once they treat the franchise right :p

Protomorph

Really didn't like this one. Full of member berries.

It feels to me like once again Marvel are diving too deep into the Aliens movie for inspiration. For me this was a poorly scripted fan service for casual fans of the Aliens movie. Surely the only way is up from here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed