Fan Favourite Alex White Returns With New Novel, Alien: Into Charybdis!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 03, 2020, 03:53:38 PM

Author
Fan Favourite Alex White Returns With New Novel, Alien: Into Charybdis! (Read 96,582 times)

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 20, 2021, 11:44:13 AM

Precisely. I like to keep my autographed copies as in good nick as possible. Unfortunately the book is too fat to fit on the little acrylic displays I have so I need to find a bigger one.  :laugh:

Dude, you are of strong will to hold off while you have a copy to hand lol.

Only around 100 pages in so far but really digging it.

Some excellent character work in here.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Katanu on Feb 21, 2021, 09:52:22 PM
There's also the Aaron Percival in the Rage War trilogy    :D

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 21, 2021, 09:56:54 PM
And one in Alien The RPG.

He really deserves a knighthood for his services to the Alien Queen and Country. "Sir" Percival really has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?  :P

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 22, 2021, 12:18:01 AM
They should have an SM review too, but instead of a quote it can be a shovel to indicate that he dug it.

http://i.imgur.com/hPHVBPp.png

I remember back when he got ACM, he took a shovel and buried it out in the Outback (Atari ET style).

He really dug that game.

SiL

We haven't been allowed to dump nuclear waste out there for decades

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 22, 2021, 05:30:52 PM
He really deserves a knighthood for his services to the Alien Queen and Country. "Sir" Percival really has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?  :P

Voodoo Magic

I remember back when he got ACM, he took a shovel and buried it out in the Outback (Atari ET style).

He really dug that game.

#HicksLives!

BlueMarsalis79

Turk, truly a hero.

Cpl Hicks? Ain't shit, couldn't even save Ripley or Newt, what a chode lol

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Katanu on Feb 21, 2021, 09:52:22 PM
There's also the Aaron Percival in the Rage War trilogy    :D

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 21, 2021, 09:56:54 PM
And one in Alien The RPG.

I feel like someone has been brushing up on his Arthurian legend recently and wants to show off.  :laugh:

That said, there are a few familiar names in Charybdis...

Quote from: Russ840 on Feb 22, 2021, 09:20:08 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 20, 2021, 11:44:13 AM

Precisely. I like to keep my autographed copies as in good nick as possible. Unfortunately the book is too fat to fit on the little acrylic displays I have so I need to find a bigger one.  :laugh:

Dude, you are of strong will to hold off while you have a copy to hand lol.

Only around 100 pages in so far but really digging it.

Some excellent character work in here.

I did pre-purchase the Audible but it doesn't unlock until I'm at work apparently. Still no sign of my other copy.  :'(

Uk release has been pushed back to until March 16th btw. It should be out in the States now.

HuDaFuK

It's occurring to me (I'm slow) that waiting for the paperback is going to mean me sitting here for months having not read the story, so in all likelihood I'll be getting the hardback after all :laugh:

And in all likelihood it'll be signed, if they've got any left.

Russ840

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 23, 2021, 09:03:47 AM
It's occurring to me (I'm slow) that waiting for the paperback is going to mean me sitting here for months having not read the story, so in all likelihood I'll be getting the hardback after all :laugh:

And in all likelihood it'll be signed, if they've got any left.

I think you should. Then read it quick so I can talk to someone about it lol

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ840 on Feb 23, 2021, 09:12:33 AMThen read it quick so I can talk to someone about it lol

There's a reason Hicks often calls me in to sub on the novel podcasts ;)

[cancerblack]

I'm just gunna go for the Audible. I stopped buying books a few years ago because the humidity here f**ks them and it feels like throwing money into a pit. Especially with the flashy, expensive Alien related books I've historically been so big on.

Voodoo Magic

I've started with the audible, and I must say Arserio does a decent Iranian accent imo.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 23, 2021, 06:32:46 AM

Uk release has been pushed back to until March 16th btw. It should be out in the States now.

Good thing mine's in the mail already then.

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 23, 2021, 03:24:04 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 23, 2021, 06:32:46 AM

Yep, just waiting on good 'ol Amazon...
Good thing mine's in the mail already then.

[cancerblack]

^quotes have seemed a bit f**ky, the last 24hrs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed