Fan Favourite Alex White Returns With New Novel, Alien: Into Charybdis!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 03, 2020, 03:53:38 PM

Author
Fan Favourite Alex White Returns With New Novel, Alien: Into Charybdis! (Read 96,754 times)

Kradan

Stitch

Are they supposed to be gigantic aliens or is the scale completely off?

Perfect-Organism

Alien:  Into Niagara Falls.

Actually looks not bad.  Better than the recycling we've been getting.

Gentleman Death

On Titans website it says the book will have 560 pages and on Amazon it says 340...

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

Soooo excited for this and I'm digging the art work 👍

Xiggz456

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 08, 2020, 01:02:57 AM

Charybdis is a whirlpool from the Odyssey (hence the art) and is pronounced ka-rib-dis.

But I'm so pleased that Titan is actually hiring artists for cover art!

Miguel

Miguel

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Dec 08, 2020, 03:13:17 AM
On Titans website it says the book will have 560 pages and on Amazon it says 340...

It could be two possibilities:

1) One of the two websites is wrong (I would trust Titan Books itself more).

2) One refers to the hardcover edition and the other refers to the paperback edition.

EDIT: I think I remember Alex White mentioned the highest figure (although I don't remember where I read it).

Kradan

So, is story gonna take place in some watery setting ? There's potential for some neat visuals. Alien coming out of waterfall or with droplets on its head, blood mixing with water etc. I know it's in words but I remember not having trouble imagining how Cold Forge looks

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Dec 08, 2020, 01:33:22 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 08, 2020, 01:02:57 AM

Charybdis is a whirlpool from the Odyssey (hence the art) and is pronounced ka-rib-dis.

But I'm so pleased that Titan is actually hiring artists for cover art!

I know.  Just living near Niagara Falls reminded me of it visually.  It's not a bad cover.  I like the use of blue.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Stitch on Dec 07, 2020, 11:44:31 PM
Are they supposed to be gigantic aliens or is the scale completely off?

It's still not great in general. But compared to the usual Titan "efforts" it's a masterpiece.

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 08, 2020, 01:43:04 PM
So, is story gonna take place in some watery setting ? There's potential for some neat visuals. Alien coming out of waterfall or with droplets on its head, blood mixing with water etc. I know it's in words but I remember not having trouble imagining how Cold Forge looks

Charybdis certainly implies that.

Corporal Hicks

Russ840

There are two hardcovers listed that are signed.

One for January release, that Hicks has listed.

And a second for February.

Xiggz456

Preordered a Hard Cover copy! We got this coming February, new Comic in March, and Infiltrator in April! Lots of new content to look forward to just the way I like it!

BryanThomasS

QuoteIt's not available to pre-order through Amazon yet, but it is being listed for <a href="https://forbiddenplanet.com/297273-alien-into-charybdis/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">pre-order on Forbidden Planet in the UK</a>!</p>
. Titan owns Forbidden Planet. Hence, the preorders.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed