AvPGalaxy Reviews Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 01, 2012, 08:45:29 AM

Author
AvPGalaxy Reviews Prometheus (Read 35,581 times)

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: AVP1974 on Jun 01, 2012, 03:14:02 PM
Spoiler
Why is no one referring to the fact that the proto-Alien "born" in the very end of the movie is a "queen".......
[close]

Because this ain't fact but theory.

mastermoon

mastermoon

This is not the first time a solo Alien movie (Thats not AVP) is frowned upon, people were not happy about Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection.

Max Powers

Max Powers

Seems like a very fair review although I'm not sure how you can give it a 3.5 with so many problems. I still haven't seen the film for myself so I'm trying not to come down on the movie before I've even experienced it. But whenever I read the problems that the film has from people who've seen it, they are always the same problems that I imagined the film was going to have. It really worries me when people say that there are unanswered questions or things that didn't quite make sense. A movie should be able to stand on its own and I don't really think it's fair to assume that everything will be answered and/or make sense in a sequel. I'm more inclined to believe that it's just poor writing. I'm reminded of the quote by Ridley where he said it's going to be about everything. Well how the hell do you make a movie about everything without over-extending yourself? Especially in a film that's only 120 minutes long. Oh well, I'll stop now before I really start to rant. Like I said, I still need to see the movie. Good review tho.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: mastermoon on Jun 01, 2012, 03:17:25 PM
This is not the first time a solo Alien movie (Thats not AVP) is frowned upon, people were not happy about Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection.

Yet it has steal so much from it  ;D
ALIEN³ wasn't well received because of the Production problem and the ultimate fact there were NO final cut from the director. Even Fincher himself avoid speaking of his own movie.
Alien Resurrection was just for the sake of doing a sequel and added strictly nothing to the license while all the predecessor did come up with original Material to be use.

AVP just went its own way by putting aside the Lovecraft Mythos and the Sexual Connotation omnipresent by Giger.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

So i guess the list now goes like this in terms of quality? 

1 - Aliens
2 - Alien
3 - Prometheus
4 - Ali3n
5 - Alien Resurrection 

;)  :D

mastermoon

mastermoon

I notice fans never really viewed the Alien sequels (after Aliens) not the same again.

Alien 3: Fans were very mad about this movie and called it a let down.
Alien Resurrection: People liked this better then Alien 3 but it did not live up to the legacy of the first two movies.
Prometheus: Some fans compare this with Alien Resurrection among fan reactions.

Looks like it's gonna be hard for directors to rival both Alien & Aliens.

Thomas

Thomas

Spoiler
Quote from: Le Celticant on Jun 01, 2012, 03:15:09 PM
Quote from: AVP1974 on Jun 01, 2012, 03:14:02 PM
Why is no one referring to the fact that the proto-Alien "born" in the very end of the movie is a "queen".......

Because this ain't fact but theory.

The jaw kind of unhindges just like the alien queen in aliens not theory but fact.......
[close]

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jun 01, 2012, 03:29:08 PM
So i guess the list now goes like this in terms of quality? 

1 - Aliens
2 - Alien
3 - Prometheus
4 - Ali3n
5 - Alien Resurrection 

;)  :D

i haven't seen prometheus yet, but until i will see prometheus my list will be :

1 - Alien
2 - Aliens
3 - AvP (hey, who throw that egg on me :( )
4 - Ali3n
5 - Predator :trollface:

A:R pure shit...
I have feeling that number 3 will be replaced with Prometheus. I hope.

MrLee

MrLee

Alien 3 is a far better movie than this piece of crap. The Assembly Line version is especially vastly superior to Prometheus.

mastermoon

mastermoon

Quote from: MrLee on Jun 01, 2012, 03:38:25 PM
Alien 3 is a far better movie than this piece of crap. The Assembly Line version is especially vastly superior to Prometheus.

You have not said anything about Alien Resurrection?.

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

If someone wrote this half year back he would be instantly banned :) Guys, now I really hesitate if I should even see this movie....if not wait for bluray instead.

MrLee

MrLee

Quote from: mastermoon on Jun 01, 2012, 03:40:58 PM

You have not said anything about Alien Resurrection?.

Never felt AR was that great a movie in the Alien quadrilogy, it was very "European tacky", its not aged very well either compared to the other entries. That film sits soley in 1997.

shinigami

shinigami

I personally really liked this movie. Sure it left a lot of questions unanswered and some moments were rather confusing but all in all I was satisfied. This was my most waited movie this year and I am pretty happy with the result. And with a possible sequel (if lucky) makes me wanna say that I do not regret today's visit to the cinema. :)

MrLee

MrLee

Quote from: shinigami on Jun 01, 2012, 05:21:24 PM
I personally really liked this movie. Sure it left a lot of questions unanswered and some moments were rather confusing but all in all I was satisfied. This was my most waited movie this year and I am pretty happy with the result. And with a possible sequel (if lucky) makes me wanna say that I do not regret today's visit to the cinema. :)

Can you refund the £8.30 this film cost me to watch :p haha

But seriously...
You were happy with all those questions unanswered, created and the tremendous plot holes?

Mastes1

Mastes1

I agree with this review reagrding the score, it felt so out of place. Its a good sounding score just in the wrong movie, i said the same in my review.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed