First Marvel Collection Revealed

Started by Russ840, Aug 19, 2020, 07:48:02 PM

Author
First Marvel Collection Revealed (Read 52,857 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Prez on Jun 02, 2021, 12:54:08 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 01, 2021, 04:01:49 PM
Question: Does Nightmare Asylum include the extra panels that were added for the trade paperback?

^ This.

Doesn't look like. There's no full page of Spears with his hand on a tank.

And it looks like a chunk of the series collected for the first release have now dropped on Comixology. Not checked to see exactly which yet.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 02, 2021, 05:51:08 AMDoesn't look like. There's no full page of Spears with his hand on a tank.

The added panel is in there, but not as part of the comic - it's included with the bonus material at the back. My copy just arrived :)

Says it was originally added to balance out the two-page spreads in the collected editions. Interesting, I always wondered why they stuck the extra page in there.

Corporal Hicks

Didn't think to check the bonus material. At least it's in there.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The bonus section's pretty tasty. Loads of bonus art and it's even got a bunch of the forewords written for previous collections.

Rambo

Rambo

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 02, 2021, 02:14:50 PM
The bonus section's pretty tasty. Loads of bonus art and it's even got a bunch of the forewords written for previous collections.
That's great to hear - appreciate the early insights.

If the card comic is included, is it given a formal title? I've always known it as "Alone" but I know that's a fan title.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Nope, it's just listed as "Alien 3 Trading Card Comic" in the contents.

Interestingly all the comics have their original release titles, so the first two series are just "Aliens", Harvest is "Hive" etc.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

My only criticism thus far - the Tribes artwork is very dark. It's one of the few comics I owned previously and compared to the original all of Dorman's pieces have been (I assume unintentionally) darkened, and as a result a lot of details are obscured.

Some of the Aliens magazine covers included in the back are a lot darker than they actually were too.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 02, 2021, 12:45:56 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 02, 2021, 05:51:08 AMDoesn't look like. There's no full page of Spears with his hand on a tank.

The added panel is in there, but not as part of the comic - it's included with the bonus material at the back. My copy just arrived :)

Says it was originally added to balance out the two-page spreads in the collected editions. Interesting, I always wondered why they stuck the extra page in there.

Usually printed books run in multiples of 4 pages ... it's why some books have extra blank pages ... a pain in the arse for designers like me (not so bad if you've got lotsa bonus material).

StrangeShape

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 19, 2021, 12:43:01 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on May 17, 2021, 06:44:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cetdzHD8uFA

First look at the actual collection

I love to hear that the original characters have been restored.  👏

Oh that looks good. Wonder if the binding will hold for long, which is very often a problem for such incredibly thick books

Hudson

Hudson

Anyone read through the action figure comics yet? My book is still in the mail and I'm pretty curious about these. Along with the Alien 3 adaptation.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Not in this, but I've read them online before.

They're completely daft, cheesy and childish, but admittedly kinda fun because of it. Just don't expect anything more than a Saturday morning cartoon in comic form.

The Alien 3 adaptation's mostly interesting for the deleted scenes it contains, some of which didn't even get into the extended cut, like Dillon's original death.

BlueMarsalis79

Love the covers of that adaptation.

Corporal Hicks

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 09, 2021, 11:54:56 AM
Love the covers of that adaptation.

Absolutely. I love the other two as well, despite the weird turquoise sidebars on the third issue.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 09, 2021, 05:03:13 PM
https://twitter.com/comichron/status/1402671532091002884?s=19

As excited as I am about the upcoming show, the numbers Marvel has been doing may have helped green light a new film! They're making a killing off of Alien and illustrating the true appeal of the brand as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed